- The “Put-yourself-into-John-the-Apostle’s-Sandals” Paradox.
- 666 is a number of a man.
- Stature of the beast/antichrist – 6 clues.
- True / False Axioms – 10 clues.
- An Earthly Throne for Whom?
- Six-fold Descriptions of the Beast (antichrist).
- Six-fold References to Angelic Warnings Given to Evil Men.
- Six-fold Reference to the Woman (as Babylon City and Mystery Religion Babylon).Bea
- Six-fold References to the Name Babylon as a City and as a Mystery Religion.
- Six-fold Descriptive Names of Babylon City.
- Six-fold Reference to “Sharp Harvesting Sickles”.
- Six-fold Reference of God’s Wrath for Evil Men.
- Six-fold Reference to 10 Evil Horns/Crowns (Kings) of the Beast’s Empire.
- Eighteen (3×6) References to Angels Administering God’s Wrath.
The “Put-yourself-into-John-the-Apostle’s-Sandals” Paradox.
When it comes to evil, the book of Revelation is chock-full of strange and mysterious symbolism, imagery and several perplexing references to numbers, such as “666”.
O.K. Here is the paradox and the answer to the paradox. The Apostle John is sitting inside, or outside of a cave on the Isle of Patmos, on a nice day. The Holy Spirit floats by him, taps him on the shoulder and says, ‘Come!’ Immediately (boom!), John is in heaven, with the Holy Spirit. He is then given a large number of strange and supernaturally related visions, of both events in heaven and on earth. Fair enough. There is plenty of scripture that indicates that this ‘being in the spirit’ is just one way that God communicates with man. The entirety of Revelation indicates that John’s supernatural visions were the chosen course of communication to him by the Holy Spirit, from God. John is given some really strange (and horrific) things to try to explain in a way that people in his century, and the centuries to follow, would be able to relate to and understand. Some of the visions were straightforward enough, that a relatively simple or basic explanation sufficed to convey God’s point. Other visions were so complex and complicated, that the explanation involved a strange use of symbolism (7 heads, 7 crowns, 7 candlesticks, 10 heads, beast, woman riding a beast, etc.). These strange, symbolic images are the things most people think of, if they have bothered to read the book of Revelation (let alone tried to interpret it). God uses this symbolism to represent extensive worldwide systems that are political, religious, military, governmental, financial, electronic, or communication related. The use of literal descriptions of these worldwide things would take pages and pages and pages of detailed explanation, in a way that would not make any sense to anyone back in John’s day, or since. God is omnipotent and omnipresent. He knows what to say, whom to say it to, when to say it, and what he means by saying it.
Yes, the Holy Spirit prompted John, the Apostle to write. However, John and all the other writers in both the Old and New Testament had to write, using simple enough words, terms and language, in order that folks would understand what they were reading about, so that the meaning wouldn’t be lost on them. “Knowledge shall be increased in the last days.” (Dan. 12:4). It is an understatement to say that things, and the world, have changed greatly and exponentially since the time John received the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Literally, everything has become more ‘systemic’ and complex and global, in nature. Cars (or vehicles) have only been around for a little over 100 years. John had to use the word “chariot” to best describe what he could not possibly have known about of what he saw. Genetic manipulation (CRISPR), biometric scanning technology and population surveillance technology have only been around for an extremely short time (last couple of years). How could John possibly explain these things of today, in a way that folks 2,000 years ago would be able to comprehend? He couldn’t. He used generalized terms to describe the things he saw leading up to and during the end days in the Tribulation period. “In the days of Noah” is a general description to represent rampant, worldwide lawlessness and genetic manipulation (CRISPR), and other problematic issues occurring as of today (2017 & 2018). “Make an image of the beast” is a general description of the use of CGI (computer generated imagery), high definition television technology, global satellite and cable communications systems, and even 3-D manufacturing technology (which has only arrived on the scene in the past year or two). They didn’t have computer digital technology in John’s day, or multi-acre manufacturing plants that use laser technology, etc. They did not have global satellite communications systems. They wouldn’t even have had the means to communicate the size, scope or measurement of any of this. He did not have a point of reference for knowledge of any of these things. Putting it simply, if you were in John’s sandals, how would you describe something supernaturally that you saw 2,000 years from now, to someone today, in a way that would make sense to them? Or, to make sense to the people of the next 2,000 years? This should make it abundantly clear of the challenge that John faced, and the logical reason(s) that symbolism had to be used. So, what does any of this generalized symbolism have to do with Evil?
The infamous, “Mark of the Beast” and “number of his name is 666” imagery is no different than any of the other generalized, descriptive terms that John used, while in his banishment on the Isle of Patmos. Rev. 13:17-18 is probably the most symbolic, well known and most poorly understood two verses in the book of Revelation, and in the entire Bible. “And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man: and his number is Six hundred, threescore and six (666).” (Emphasis added). Several things should jump out at you as you read this.
- A person can’t buy or sell (they can’t conduct any financial transactions… buy groceries, take a trip, pay their Mortgage or rent, operate business, buy a vehicle, make a sale, make a purchase, ).
- In order to be able to do (1.), they have to have a special “Mark” or identification and number in order to participate in the global economy. This almost sounds like a credit card number or a routing / account number for a checking account. (This is a clue!).
- This “Mark” or identification of the beast (worldwide system and leader) is described as being the beast’s “name” and his “number”. These are two extremely important distinctions in global, electronic transaction technology of today. Rev. 13:16, interestingly indicates that this special “Mark” or identification is somehow represented on people, either in their forehead or right hand. This is odd, very odd symbolism, or is it?
- Another interesting detail is that the number is mentioned as that of belonging to ‘man’.
- The number of man, is given as 666.
- The last, and final detail suggests that in order to understand the evilness of number 666, a person should “count.”
At this point, I will attempt to explain what the number of the beast represents, what the number 666 means, who the ‘man’ is that is being referred to, what the ‘Mark’ or identification means … in a way, that will hopefully make relatively simple sense to people of today. Please note, that there are six (6) points made in the two verses of Rev. 13:17-18). File my brief comment into the back of your memory for a little while, and then come back to this after you have had a chance to learn what the number six (6) represents and implies! Sixfold (6) denotes imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil, something that is short of the glory and perfection of God. This number represents a lesser amount than God’s perfect number seven (7). Anything less than God’s perfection is imperfection. Six (6) is imperfection and is one (1) less than Seven (7) which is perfection. (7-1=6). (A-B=C). (6<7).
- The Number of a Man:
Verse 13:18 clearly states that 666 is a number of a man … not a number of an angel, not a number of Satan, Devil, serpent or dragon, nor of any kind of reference to Babylon (city) or Mystery Babylon (false religion). The reference is literally to man (mankind), the beast/antichrist (a literal, physical man) and the false prophet (a literal, physical man). Each of them is judged to be extremely evil and each is therefore assigned a number of six (6) to represent the imperfection, sinfullness and evilness of man, before God. Combining the number of each type of man leads to 666, this number represents the consumation of evil, of the three men. The number three (3) denotes intensity and emphasis. The fact that the number six (6) is repeated three (3) times emphasizes the most intense evil that mankind, antichrist, and the false prophet collectively possess during the tribulation period. Evil doesn’t come any worse, or more intensly than this. Period. When the bible states an important reference to someone or something, the word of God is very specific and literal. There should be no confusion. To understand why the number six (6) represents evil, Verse 13:18 tells us to “count” his number. When we read all of Revelation, we can literally “count” (using your fingers, toes, abacus, etch-a-sketch, spreadsheet or notepad and pen) the number of sins or evil actions conducted by all of evil mankind, of the beast/antichrist and of the false prophet. Their evil footprints leave an evil, smelly trail in the mud and muck of the world, that can very easily be sniffed out, followed and counted. Are you excited to be a bloodhound and to begin sniffing out the clues!?
I will start out explaining the mathematics of evil, using very simple elementary school ‘easy math’! (I promise!!!)
Let’s revisit the fact that evil is represented by the number six (6). And that there are three men (man) referenced as being intensely evil; mankind / the beast-antichrist / the false prophet. Each man is assigned the number six (6). The fact that there are three (3) men denotes God’s emphasis and intensity. Since there are three (3) men, there will be three, six’s (6). God’s mathematics not only have numerical values but also descriptive values. God’s mathematics not only express statistical truth, but also sequential, logical and descriptive truth. This is truth within truth, layer within layer, meaning within meaning.
Mankind (6) + beast/antichrist (6) + false prophet (6) = 666 (a literal number represented by the number 6, repeated three times in a linear row.)
By using the three linear, sequential numbers of six (6) “666”, we can calculate some information about evil during the Tribulation period. Remember, one of the six (6) points made in Rev. 13:17-18 was to “count.” This is a very literal suggestion!
- (6×6) + 6 = 42. This tells us, in months, how long the first period of evil Tribulation period lasts. This 3 ½ years. (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
- 6 + (6×6) = 42. This tells us, in months, how long the second period of the intensely evil Great Tribulation period lasts. This is the final 3 ½ years. (Note: The Bible specifically mentions that the final 3 ½ years are of “Great Wrath”, because God pours out his most intensive wrath upon the world, during this time. Thus, the final 3 ½ years are referenced as the Great Tribulation.) (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
- (6×6) + 6 = 42. This is a relatively simple calculation that tells us, in months, how long the evil beast, as a man, will be on earth during the tribulation. 42 months equals 3 ½ years (42 months divided by 12 months). (Note: the beast/antichrist, as a man, is on the earth for the first half of the tribulation. At the halfway point, Satan takes over, or possesses the beast’s body, and demands to be worshipped as God in the rebuilt Jewish temple. The beast/antichrist is no longer a man, during the final 3 ½ years because he became Satan incarnate.). ALWAYS refer to what the Bible says about these things. Rev. 13:5, “And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months (3 ½ years).” (Emphasis added). The beast/antichrist is only given the first 3 ½ years to promise great things, to lie, and to blaspheme God as a man. (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
- Thus, 42 months (1st half trib.) + 42 months (2nd half trib.) = 84 months of total evil tribulation.
- 84 divided by 12 (God’s divinely constituted organization on earth or heaven) = 7 years.
- 7 years is how long God allows the organization (system of commerce, Babylon, etc.) of evil to manifest itself on earth.
- 7 denotes God’s perfection, completeness of his purpose or plan. Seven (7) years, no more – no less. Not by a day, nor an hour.
- 84 divided by 7 (God’s perfection, completeness of his purpose or plan) = 12
- 12 Denotes God’s divinely constituted organization on earth or heaven.
- Mathematically, I just demonstrated two different ways of calculation that arrive at the same conclusions. God’s truth does not change, not matter how you calculate it. Using the logic, within his mathematics, you will always arrive at the same truth(s).
- (6×6)+6 = 42. This tells us in months, how long the two witnesses (prophets of God) address the evil world, on behalf of God. Again, in years, this equates to 3 ½ years. Rev. 11:3, “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.” 42 months x 30 days/mo = 1,260 days. 1,260 days / 360 days/biblical yr. = 3 ½ years. God’s two prophets have a 3 ½ year time frame to condemn evil, and spread the gospel of salvation from Jesus Christ to evil mankind throughout the world. (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5)
- 6+(6×6) = 42. This tells us in hours, how long the two witnesses lay slain by the antichrist, unburied, out in the open, on a street and televised around the entire globe. 42 hours / 12 hours per day = 3 ½ days. Rev. 11:8-9, “… And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.” (Emphasis added). It is usually afforded to both evil and righteous men to be buried in graves. However, the two prophets are so despised by evil men because of what they preach and do, that evil men won’t even bother (suffer) to bury the two prophets after the antichrist kills them. Their bodies literally lay out in the open, on a street, beginning to rot and smell from the heat and decay. The antichrist and the rest of the world gloat over their death. The world rejoices and men give each other special presents, celebrating the death of God’s two witnesses/prophets. (Rev. 14:10). The Bible says in this verse that men were “tormented” by what these two prophets said and did. People are tormented by the fact that they are reminded, day after day after day, for 3 ½ years of how evil they are, what sins they are committing, that they need to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ through his forgiveness of their sins. No one wants to hear this, over and over and over. No one wants to be reminded of their spiritual situation. Everyone wants to continue on in their ways, doing what they have always been doing. Everyone in their soul knows they are wrong and evil, but they are tired of being told such and want nothing to do with (care not of) the gospel. For 3 ½ years, people just wish that these two preachers with supernatural ability (can cause plagues), would literally just ‘go away and die’ and leave them alone. Eventually, after 3 ½ years, they get their wish. The antichrist kills the two witnesses/preachers, but God brings them back to life three and half days later and calls them home, “Come up hither.” (Rev. 11:12). Evil mankind (man) are finally relieved from the torment of these two preachers and celebrate! God is done using holy men to preach to evil men, urging them to repent of their deeds and except the forgiveness of their sins through Jesus Christ. Most people will not listen. Next, God is going to bring his ‘celestial sledgehammer’ of wrath upon the earth, during the last 3 ½ years of the 7 year Tribulation period. He is done sternly repeating himself, over and over and over, for 3 ½ years to get people to repent and ask for forgiveness. God is “longsuffering” in that he wants that no one should perish. He wants EVERYONE to be saved, through his Son, Jesus Christ. He loves everyone, but hates every sin. However, there comes a point in his infinite wisdom, when he decides to figuratively and literally, turn up the heat on evil mankind and the world.
What other descriptions of evil can we calculate or describe using the evil number 6?
We know that evil describes men, and also specifically two unique men, the beast/antichrist and false prophet. We know that the antichrist exists in the form of a man for the first 3 ½ years of the tribulation. We know the evil mankind is tormented 3 ½ years by God’s two supernaturally special witnesses/prophets/preachers. Shortly, we will identify 6 sins of each man, 6 descriptions of each man, 6 other descriptions of evil, and so forth.
Can we determine the physical height of the “man-of-sin”, a.k.a. the beast/antichrist?
- We will use three of God’s divine numbers and their respective meanings, from God’s divine calculator.
- The number six (6), identifying evil.
- The number ten (10), identifies God’s allness or completeness in a physical way on earth. This includes referring to flesh; the size of a man, the number of his years, the number of his weeks, the number of his generations, etc.
- The number twelve (12), identifies God’s divinely constituted organization in either heaven or earth. This includes referring to measurement, since measurement is a form of organizing or counting.
- We will use the ancient biblical form of measurement (the cubit) equaling 20” per cubit.
- 6 cubits (representing the height of evil) x 20”/cubit = 120 inches
- 120 inches / 12 inches per foot = 10 feet (being the tribulation evil height of a man)
- 6 evil cubits height (Bible past measurement) = 10 evil feet height (Tribulation future measurement)
- Evil past height measurement = Evil future height measurement.
- Evil equals evil. (E=E).
Am I literally suggesting, by using simple mathematics, that the beast / antichrist / man-of-sin will literally be 10’ tall or 6 cubits tall? Yes. No, I am not a card carrying member of the tin-foil hat brigade, nor an escapee from Nurse Ratchett’s mental asylum in the movie, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest. Let’s see what the Bible has to day about the possibility of a man being tall, big, of large stature, big enough that no one can fight (war) with him, big enough to inspire “awe” and “wonderment.” … or using another description, 10 feet tall. You are probably thinking, snickering, and saying to yourself, ‘Seriously? Are you kidding me? That is, uh, a pretty strange thing to suggest, no one has ever been that tall or big. OK, now you are off your rocker to even suggest such a thing. You are absolutely nuts to think that.’ My answer to that is, really? Let’s see what the Bible says about the possibility of big/tall men existing on earth in the distant past. Oh, and by the way, don’t forget that Revelation tells us that the end times will be “as in the days’ of Noah.”
- Stature of the beast/antichrist – six (6) clues:
Here is the First clue: Going back to Genesis 6:4, we are told, “There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.” (Emphasis added).
Here is the Second clue: 1 Samuel 17:4,
“And there went out a champion out of the camp of the Philistines, named Goliath, of Gath, whose height was six cubits and a span.” (Emphasis added). This refers to the infamous Philistine giant who challenged David, and was killed by David who used his Shephard’s slingshot with stones. 6 cubits x 20” per cubit = 120” / 12” per foot = 10 feet in height. A span is the distance measured by a human hand, from the tip of the thumb to the tip of the little finger and was considered to be half a cubit (10”). Interpreted literally, given the biblical measurements provided, Goliath was 10 feet, 10 inches tall. It is an understatement to say that he was a big, imposing man. Everyone (except David) was afraid to fight (make war) against him. Wow! Someone slightly over 6 cubits or 10 feet tall! Imagine that!
Here is the Third clue: Deuteronomy 3:11,
“For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man.” (Emphasis added). This verse describes a king that was the last of a large group of men (giants). He was so big, that his bed frame had to be made out of iron. It indicates that his bed (home) was somewhere in a city named Rabbath. Lastly, we are told that his bed was nine cubits long and 4 cubits wide. (9 cubits x 20”per cubit = 180” / 12”ft. = 15 feet tall, length or height of his bed. (4 cubits x 20” per cubit = 80” / 12”ft. = 6.66 feet wide of his bed). He wasn’t probably exactly this big, since beds are usually made slightly larger than their occupant’s dimensions. There is usually a measure of head room and foot room to give the occupant some space from the headboard and foot board. Potentially how much less was he in size? We don’t know. The Bible is silent on this. However, the point of this passage was that he was an evil man, a giant of a man, he had a huge bed to accommodate his big frame. Since his bed was described as being 15’ tall or long, my estimation is that he was probably 13’ in height.
Here is the Fourth clue: 1 Chronicles 11:23,
“And he slew an Egyptian, a man of great stature, five cubits high; and in the Egyptian’s hand was a spear like a weaver’s beam; and he went down to him with a staff, and plucked the spear out of the Egyptian’s hand, and slew him with his oar.” (Emphasis added). 5 cubits in height translates to 8.3 feet in height.
Here is the Fifth clue: Hebrews 2:7,
“Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works (World) of thy hands.” (Emphasis added). “Made a little lower” means that man is slightly lower on the created order of beings (within angels, there are created orders or classifications). Man is also lower (shorter) than the form of an angel.
Here is the Sixth clue: 1 Kings 6:23-26,
“And within the oracle he made two cherubims of olive tree, each ten cubits high. And five cubits was the one wing of the cherub, and five cubits the other wing of the cherub: from the uttermost part of the one wing unto the uttermost part of the other were ten cubits. And the other cherub was ten cubits: both the cherubims were of one measure and one size. The height of the one cherub was ten cubits, and so was it of the other cherub.” (Emphasis added). 10 cubits in height translates to approximately 16 feet in height. These statues were made to represent the height of Holy Cherubim (one of the top orders of angels, by roles or responsibilities). The bible is silent on this, but if all the higher order angels are approximately 10 cubits tall or over 16 feet, then it is logical to suggest that even fallen angels of the Cherubim class would also be 10 cubits tall or over 16 feet, (A=B, B=A). This logic follows that all angels, at their creation and those before their fall, were all created in equal form by God. It is possibly likely, that God created some variation in the height of his angels, just as He created variation in the height of man on earth. Some angels may be taller or shorter than the Cherubim class measured in the above verse. However, in the eternal scheme of things, their height versus our height is not important. God created them to be certain heights, and created us to be of certain heights. End of story. The calculations I make are solely based on the information contained in 1 Kings 6:23-26. Either these measurements are true, or they are not. I believe them to be true. The actual, physical size of the man-of-sin / beast / antichrist, although representing the full consummation of evil (and eventually evil incarnate), would have to be smaller or lower than that of an evil fallen angel, as he is in the form of a man and to be in keeping with Hebrews 2:7. Let us do some quick, ‘elementary school’, simple math regarding all this.
In feet, the height of the demonically evil man / beast is calculated as 16 feet minus (-) 6 feet (difference between evil angelic height and evil man height) = 10 feet! The difference in feet is itself an evil reference to the number six (6)! Logically, if you subtract a measure of evil from another measure of evil, you will still end up with something evil. The resulting 10 foot calculation is the same 10 foot number as that of the man, the beast/antichrist, that was calculated differently at the beginning of this analysis. God’s truth is revealed, no matter how you calculate it. Numbers within numbers, meaning within meaning, truth contained within truth.
We have arrived at the same answer (10 feet), from two different sets of evidence, logic and mathematics that are provided in the Bible!
Are you still skeptical? Let’s try using a form of simple common sense logic known as ‘true or false’ to see if there is a strong case to be made for the man-of-sin, who comes out a pit, possibly being 10 feet tall (or a span taller). 10 feet is a Theorem or Hypothesis (of sorts). Each true or false question is an axiom, or statement, that is used to build a case to suggest that the theorem proposed, is in fact, either ‘true or false’ as stated. This should be easy to understand! Just answer, in your mind, whether you agree that the statement proposed is true or false, and you will arrive at your conclusion or understanding. I will not state a final answer. You have to come to the conclusion yourself. If you are not familiar with what each statement implies or the following descriptions to each statement, I suggest you read verses throughout the entire book of Revelation that attest to the beast, bottomless pit and events associated with his existence on earth during the Tribulation. Let’s begin.
Ten (10) true / false axioms or clues:
- He is not born of a woman or comes from a hospital (true or false?). He doesn’t come with birth papers. No adoption papers. He doesn’t come carrying a plane ticket, passport or border documents. He has no government documentation, no country identification card and no driver’s license. He doesn’t have a company credit card or is wearing a company I.D. badge on his belt or lapel. To our knowledge, he is not wearing a sporting team licensed jersey or hoodie or cap. Maybe he is wearing a $1,000 top of the line, fashionable, form-fitting, high thread count, expensively looking business suit. We don’t know. We do know that he is not baby, just coming from the hospital, wrapped in swaddling clothes or a ‘onesie.’ We really are not told where he comes from (although there some hints), other than a mysterious hot and smoky pit of one kind or another. No woman or mother is described as standing near him saying, ‘Hey world, look over here, he’s my son, isn’t he handsome! You should hear what he says and see what he can do.’ That is the job responsibility of someone named the false prophet, the minister of false propaganda, false religion and false worship. The false prophet will spin the wheels of deception so fast that the smell of lies is fanned all over the world.
- He is born of Satan and comes from a pit (true or false?). He does not come out of the Ritz, Trump Tower or some other high-end establishment, but rather from someplace dark, foreboding, someplace described as bottomless and evil, someplace also described with smoke billowing out of it like a furnace, that blots out the sun. While it is true that some high-end places of temporary lodging charge evil prices, they are generally not dark and foreboding, nor do they generally look like furnaces with smoke billowing out of them. I believe that what the Bible describes is literal and not symbolic. What normal man (avg. 5’9” tall) would live in a place like a bottomless dark pit, let alone all-of-sudden come out from one or something like one? The answer is, no one, no normal man or man created by God to be his imager could survive, let alone thrive, in someplace described as a blast furnace. God created man to be alive and in the light, to see God’s glory and to not to be in the dark. Jesus Christ is the light of the world and powers the glory and light of the New Jerusalem. Satan, on the other hand, strives pull men out of the light, and to put them in the dark, to keep them from ever seeing light in the first place, to keep them from seeing the glory of God and Jesus, and to keep them in eternal darkness. Satan is of darkness and not of light. Anything that comes from Satan, comes from both spiritual and physical darkness. If the man-of-sin, the beast, is evil and is from Satan, then he must, by definition, also be in the dark and come from the dark, since he is not of light. Jesus Christ provides eternal life and light. Satan provides eternal death and darkness. Jesus Christ came from God and heaven and light. The beast/antichrist comes from Satan and hell and darkness. The dichotomy can’t be any more apparent. The door to the light and glory of heaven versus the trap-door to the darkness and evil of hell.
- He is a man and not an infant (true or false?). He shows up fully formed and mature, not as an infant, toddler, adolescent, teenager or young adult, nor as a middle-aged guy painfully limping around on really bad, deformed knees. Christ showed up on earth as a meek, mild, tender infant in a manger with angels shouting and trumpeting his glory. The antichrist shows up as a powerful, demanding, charismatic, imposing, threatening big man from something resembling a dark blast furnace with smoke and heat. There are no angels on the scene proclaiming his glory or righteousness or prophesying that he will be king someday. The only ones, spiritually on the scene, will be Satan and the omnipresence of God. The beast shows up in a fully refined, aesthetically pleasing, fully functioning, handsomely packaged form of a man. Boom! The ‘perfect’ (false) man shows up on the scene, ready to go, feet running, offering to solve the world’s problems.
‘Trust me, follow me, I know what the answers are! Never mind where I came from, it is not important. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain pulling the levers or what the door looks like that I came from. The only thing important is where to go from here, where I can take you, what I can promise you … just follow me, believe in me, give me your utmost allegiance, take my mark … my symbol … my number, so I know who you are and that you endorse my system.’ The deceiving, conniving lies of a grown man, who has a shadowy dark figure in the background pulling the strings and giving him his seat, power and authority, Rev. 13:2, “and the dragon gave him (beast) his power, and seat, and great authority.” (Emphasis added). Satan doesn’t send a child to do his dirty work, he cuts to the chase and sends a wonderful looking, ‘too good to be true,’ grown man. God chose to send a holy infant, a child, his son, Jesus Christ to save and free the world. Satan chooses to send an evil, grown man, his son, the beast to condemn and enslave the world. The beast represents another dichotomy to God’s plan, with Satan’s evil fingerprints all over him. Satan thinks, ‘Why send a child to do a man’s work.’ Satan is deceived himself, through his PRIDE, to thinking his way is better than God’s way. Satan’s ways have always been, and always will be, directly opposite and opposed to the ways of God and Christ. God sent the smallest and most powerless of humans (infant) into the world. Satan sends the most powerful and biggest (giant) of humans into the world. This dichotomy can’t be any more apparent.
- Evil things or creatures exist in, or come from this bottomless pit (true or false). Are there other scriptures confirming this statement that other creatures (demonic locusts, an evil king and demons) are associated with or reside in/from this bottomless pit? As far as we know, there is only one bottomless pit, not more. The bottomless pit is our modern day version of a maximum security prison for the vilest, cruelest, deadliest, most satanically-empowered entities. I’ll give you more than a hint, I will point you in the right direction to answer my question from above. Rev. 9:11, “And they (demonic locusts/creatures) had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.” (Emphasis added). Interesting! This verse tells us four things; 1. There are demonic locusts/creatures that reside in the pit. 2. They have a king, leader or general that commands them. 3. This king is described as “which is”, in modern slang we would say ‘he’s the man!’ or ‘he’s large and in charge.’ The KJV has the “which is” specially noted. The inference is that he is the special angel or entity, or perhaps warden, of these evil, malcontent, oversized, overpowering, poisonous insects. This angel, king or general actually has two names and was known in the ancient world. The Hebrews knew him and the Greeks knew him. Their names for this fallen angel was Abbadon and Apollyon. Low and behold, a quick internet search indicates that there are actual meanings behind these names. The Angel of Death, the Destroyer, and he is also described as the angel of the bottomless pit. This fallen angel king/general has a very nasty reputation, he kills (causes death) and destroys. No wonder he is in charge of demonic killer insect nasties.
What does a locust do? It flies around, killing and destroying and eating grass in its random flight path. How many locusts come in a swarm? I don’t know, but my guess would be hundreds of thousands, perhaps a million (give or take some). As I stated, the natural inclination for locusts is to eat grass, the leaves of trees, in other words, anything green. However, in Rev. 9:4, they are commanded that they should NOT eat grass, leaves of trees or anything green. That’s odd, what are they supposed to do instead of eating green stuff? Instead, they are literally commanded (not advised or suggested to) to hurt evil men (those who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads) by stinging them and tormenting them over the course of five (5) months. Somehow, the evil locusts have some kind of supernatural ability to see who has the seal of God, and who does not have the seal. In other words, they know who is fair game to torment, and who is supernaturally off of the ‘to sting and torment list.’ To my knowledge, normal locusts do not sting (with tails), but they bite and chew. Instead, these demonic locusts have powerful, poisonous, stinging tails. These demonic insect stings are like that of a scorpion, filled with poison and come with a quick, vicious, lusty, penetrating bite.
Normally, a serious bite or sting from a species of scorpion or snake, can easily contain enough poison to not only kill a man, but a larger beast. If a person is bitten or stung, they need to be treated immediately, with anti-venom or they will die quickly. So, how many men die from the bites or stings from the bottomless pit nasties? None, zero, nada, zip, no … not one man. If these bottomless crevice dwellers are so poisonous and nasty, why don’t men die from their stings? Rev. 9:5-6 indicates that they are “commanded” to not kill evil men, but just to torment them. This can also mean to torture them. The pain is excruciating, to the point that men wish they could die, but for some reason they are unable to die, even though they should die and want to die to escape the poison and torment. Even though men seek death, to alleviate the torture and suffering from these stings, death evades them, or “flees from them.” (Rev. 9:6). I believe these verses prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, that there are many things that reside in and come from the infamous bottomless pit. If the demonic fallen angel of death comes out along with flying hordes of stinging insect warriors, is it all possible that a 10 foot satanically powered and demonically indwelt evil man crawls out of this cesspool of a blast furnace?
- Spiritually, he is not human of earth, but is evil, demonic or of satanic origin (true or false?). He looks totally human in form and function, but has a demonic, unclean spirit (with no human soul). Physically, he looks ‘to good to be true’ (figuratively and literally). Handsome, statuesque, commanding, very tall, well formed in symmetry and balance, women might say he is ‘easy on the eyes.’ He will probably have a firm, resonating, commanding, booming voice that gets attention and commands respect, of someone who speaks with authority and satanic conviction. Just as Satan, the antichrist craves and demands to be noticed and to standout, he will be vanity to the 6th To be dazzling. Hollywood, magazines, tabloids and the fake news channels (all of them) will absolutely, positively go bonkers and ‘head-over-heels’ over this man-of-sin, the perfection of deception. His image and likeness will be coming soon, to a mall near you! He will be fawned over like an extremely handsome Hollywood actor. The vain of the world will be jealous. He will grab the spotlight, soak up all the prime time, and leave no room for them on the shelf of celebrity idol worship. All of those used to being front and center and living in prime time or in the eye of the camera lens, will be taking a back seat to the evil hunk in human flesh. The vain will still be fawned over, but will be forced to exist in the dark shadow of someone bigger and taller than them. The beast is literally so vain and full of prideful self (just like his father, Satan), that he desires and demands that his picture, image or statue be hung or to be placed everywhere on earth. He will deceive himself and take pride in knowing that he is so popular that people around the globe will be deceived enough to even worship his image.
It doesn’t matter to him if his image or picture is in print or a magazine. It doesn’t matter to him if his image is digitized through computer generated imagery (CGI) and distributed electronically to monitors and HDTV screens in shopping areas, transportation hubs, and public gathering places. Or in government buildings, or your old church building and on the HD4K TV in your home or office cafeteria. 3D manufacturing technology is able (as of today) to render fantastically exact, hard-copy replicas of whatever is digitally scanned into the technology. This technology can EASILY render 10 foot statues of virtually indistinguishable copies of an original. These replicas are being pitched as modern achievements and are making their way around the world in exhibitions, showings and historical/architectural events. If the big n’ tall beast showed up tomorrow, he literally could start the next day by having his physical features scanned, uploaded into the RAM of the cutting lasers and have his image cut, molded or formed into the appropriate material. It would probably take a week or two in order for manufacturers to create enough images/statues, before plants could start shipping them throughout the world.
This technology is that much in ‘the here and now.’ 3D technology, we don’t have to wait for it, it has been here for a couple of years now and is successfully gaining momentum and use in a variety of legitimate applications. It is not if, but when this technology will be successfully used by someone, full time for evil purposes and deception. Who knows, maybe mankind will be deceived enough to make beast imaged bobble-head idols, that will sit on car dashboards and come packaged and sold on end-caps at Walmart. It wouldn’t surprise me. The manufacturers and bean-counters will be counting on it. It could become a top priority for retailers to get these beast imaged idols off the delivery trucks and loading docks, and to the front of the stores, as quickly as possible. In keeping up with on again – off again toy action figure mania, the retailers will probably have pre-delivery ordering, lay away, and online ordering for in-store pick up. Amazon can ship the bobble-head imaged version of the ‘perfection of deception’ straight to your front door and you will have it in your home, living room and family room in no time flat! Order it using Alexa or Siri. Order three, one for the car, one for the office, one for the recreation room. Sad. Very Sad. And blasphemous.
- He is not normal human height, but of evil, demonic height (true or false?). If someone showed up on the world political and power-broker scene, being only 5’9” tall (average height of a human being), no one would be terribly impressed by his physical stature, even if he is supremely handsome. Someone this short would have a hard time standing out in a crowd at a political function or during a televised announcement or speech. He would have to use a step or two to be able to rise up to the microphone on a speaking podium in order to be the focus of attention. No one would be in wonder or awe of someone of only average or modest height, who would be commanding and demanding total power and leadership of the world. Someone 5’9” tall would not be imposing, threatening or otherwise invoking the thought “he is so great, who can make war (fight him) with him.”
- The average American male is 5 feet 9.3 inches tall and 99% of American men are shorter than 6 feet 4 inches. I don’t know what the height averages are around the world, but I would suspect all the averages combined would still end up averaging the same 5 feet 9 inches (give or take a few inches). Generally, the maximum height that tops out for NBA players is 7 feet. Taller than 7 feet, there have been extremely few players. NBA players are generally considered to be the tallest athletes. The fact that 99% (or the vast majority) of American males are shorter than 6 feet and the tallest NBA players max out at 7 feet, suggests that 7 feet could be considered a general, maximum height of American men or perhaps, men in general. Given that the NBA has attracted the tallest and most physically talented men from many countries around the world, it is safe to assume that the NBA has an excellent representation (or sampling) of the tallest bodies that mankind has to offer. (7’>6’) or, (6’<7’). The truth is the same, from either the perspective of the taller or the shorter. My personal height is within an inch or two of 5’9”, if I were to walk out of a pit ‘subway pit exit’ or bus stop with other people, I’m so short, no one would notice me if they were trying to look for or find me. I blend into the average landscape. I don’t stand out. I’m no one special on earth. I’m on the lower end of things. I’m nothing physically special to look at. I don’t command attention or respect. I’m not dazzling. I’m not easy on the eyes. The beast, antichrist, man-of-sin, will NOT blend into the average landscape. He will definitely stand-out, in evil, satanically developed ways. He will not need platform shoes from the 1970’s. Those of you who are of a certain age, will know exactly of what I am referring to.
- He invokes wonder and awe on his arrival (true or false?). What causes you or me to look at something in awe and/or wonderment? These two words are descriptive and suggest something of sight, perception, attitude and thought of intellect. ‘How can something be?’ ‘How can a supremely, handsome, very large man come out of nowhere, from someplace that we know nothing about, that we have never seen before?’ Someone this handsome or big would already be known or famous worldwide. He would have been on the cover of fashion magazines, he would have made waves at the NFL combine or would have already been showcased from a political party as country x-y-z’s next supreme Dear leader worthy or worship. ‘How come we don’t know about him, or where comes from?’ they say to themselves. Does this sound like a description of awe and wonderment?’ Anyone who is not discerning, will undoubtedly be asking themselves these questions in their minds. Around the world. Regardless of how they answer their own question(s), it won’t matter. Because he is handsome, large-and-in-charge, says the right things, they follow him like rats of the pied-piper, to the lake of fire for eternal torment.
The propaganda spins that are deceitfully spewed forth from the false prophet will undoubtedly keep reasonable doubt from the masses to a negligible or non-existent level. Every wannabe world dictator worth his lies and deception, needs a state-of-the-art propaganda minister to keep the lies flowing out to the masses at the highest level possible. How is this possible? Broadband satellite communications, the internet, mobile devices, personal devices, HDTVs and monitors, electronic/digital billboards, whatever is left over from old printing press technology, artificial intelligence, voice digitization. The technology available to today for an on-the-scene dictator, is like that for a child who has a warehouse full of toys to play with. These toys are not inherently evil. It is the child, or the grown man, who plays with them, who makes them evil. I suspect that the beast/antichrist will have a virtually unlimited worldwide budget at his disposal for deceptive communications. He may not even need a financial budget assuming he has complete and total control of all distribution systems of information and communication worldwide. It would be as if the entire global communication network was built with just him in mind, for his future purpose and use. There might be more truth in this statement than we care to believe.
- He is surprisingly strong enough to survive a lethal blow to the head (true or false?). The bible is silent on this. The lethal blow could be the result of an inside job (coup-de-etat). It could come from some group or insurgency that fights back against his efforts at political or military domination. This could also reference a similar situation that involved Adolf Hitler, where his assassination was attempted by an inside, high ranking officer who saw where there the Nazi regime and country of Germany were headed (losing big time and being destroyed) under the leadership of the Fuehrer. A group of discerning people could possibly recognize the antichrist for what and who he is, based upon books they read or things they heard about. The mortal wound might even come from some unknown country’s special-ops team, who infiltrate the beast’s inner-circle of power and attempt to assassinate him. This unknown country might be fighting against the beast’s political and military rise in power. This country would obviously feel threatened enough by the beast to take on the risk of an assassination attempt. In any case, their attempt is successful and the beast is lethally wounded. How is he wounded? In my understanding this is accomplished through the use of a literal sword in close proximity. He is satanically healed and recovers supernaturally quickly. Rev. 13:3, “and his deadly wound was healed: and the world wondered after the beast.” (Emphasis added).
- Once again, awe and wonderment. How can this be? How can a man sustain such a devastating blow or injury to his head, lose so much blood and yet survive, let alone live and thrive again so soon? How can his wound heal so fast … this is impossible! He should be dead. He should be pushing up desert shrubs and be food for the vultures. It absolutely makes no sense that this guy should be alive. Yeah, he is big, strong and tall, and all that, but still, he shouldn’t have been able to survive the hit that he took. Look at the damage to his head, look at how much blood he lost. It has to mean a miracle (false) of some sort. Yes, the world will wonder about all of this this, yet, never come to the correct conclusion or understanding, since they don’t know the word of God. Ultimately, they come to the wrong (false) conclusion that this guy (beast) is really a very special man and who is worthy of their allegiance and worship because miracles surround him. Just as Jesus Christ was mortally wounded and shed his blood for us on the Cross, and was resurrected three days later; Satan uses the antichrist to set up a false resurrection by having the beast mortally wounded (presumably shedding a lot of blood) and then miraculously healing him (through his Satanic power). I would not be surprised if his “wound that was healed” occurs within three days after his mortal attack. This would be in keeping with Satan’s relentless mimicry and mockery of Christ. This happens sometime early during the first 3 ½ years at the onset of the Tribulation period. Using a modern term, the beast/antichrist is a tool of Satan’s and serves his purpose. The beast/antichrist is not his own man, but is in reality, a ‘puppet in flesh’ whose strings are pulled by Satan.
Satan allows his beast/antichrist to be mortally wounded, why? Just as Christ freed us from our sins through the shedding of his blood and through our acceptance of his offer of forgiveness, Satan, however, does completely the exact opposite through his antichrist. The beast’s satanic resurrection fools or deceives people into really thinking that this man is somebody special because he should be dead, and yet he lives. This fake, false, deceptive ‘resurrection’ or “wound that was healed” validates, in their minds, that he is who he says he is. They are again deceived into believing that he is worthy of their respect, allegiance, mark and worship. As Christ provides eternal life and salvation through his death and resurrection, the antichrist provides eternal death and damnation through his “mortal wound that was healed.” Satan always has, and always will, mock what God does and attempts to provide and deter man with false, deceptive duplications to thwart mans’ potential understanding of their salvation through Jesus Christ. Satan uses false-positives to deceive men. The beast, antichrist is the largest false- positive in the Bible and throughout the history of mankind. Satan does literally everything in his power (that was given to him as his creation) to keep men from ever finding out about or understanding their potential Salvation through Jesus Christ. Jesus came so that all men may live eternally in heaven and the New Jerusalem, through the forgiveness of their sins, in Him. Satan comes so that all may die in their sin from his false, empty promises, false immortality and the false life he offers during the Tribulation. Satan offers and provides men with an excruciatingly painful life, existing in damnation, for all of eternity, in the lake of fire. True or false? Yes or no? Do you agree or disagree? So much truth hidden in a false man surviving a mortal wound to his head.
- No one can make war against him (fight him), (true or false?). Hulk Hogan. Andre the Giant. The Rock. Whoever is the king of the WWW, mixed martial arts or kickboxing at this moment, would literally be toast if they crawled into the ring with the antichrist. Splat, game over, even before it started. The beast would immediately win the ‘belt with the big gold buckle.’ A Navy Seal, Green Beret, Ranger, Special-Ops military expert (sorry if I left out any of our other special forces personnel, it is not intentional) would not stand a chance against the beast. No matter how skilled, trained, determined and conditioned, even knowing they would fight to the death. The biggest, strongest, fastest, fiercest, craziest and best conditioned of our NFL, would not stand a chance against the man-of-sin. Can you think of any other stand-ins or replacements who would be successful? Arnold Swarzennegger (the Austrian Oak) and Sylvester Stallone (Italian Stallion / Rocky), in their prime, would not survive a first round bout against the terminator from hell.
- He deceives the world (true or false?). Up to this point, I have suggested a series of analogies and metaphors that the beast is truly unique in an extremely physical, worldly, evil way. His physical stature and appearance, his voice, his skills and abilities, his special ‘something’ (evil charisma of attraction). All of these physical, evil manifestations in flesh, are satanically inspired and created to do one thing, just one thing … DECEIVE. He looks like a human, talks like a human, walks like a human, eats like a human, thinks like a human, therefore, he must be human. Mankind is short sighted, not discerning and easily swayed (deceived) by the flesh (especially attractive flesh). Satan has known this for millennia. He knows mans’ weaknesses and tendencies. Satan knows exactly what to use to tempt and deceive men. Always has, always will. Men tend to look at physical appearance and stature as perfection and not to the spirit, as perfection. They are deceived and can’t see what is on the inside of the beast or man-of-sin. They don’t know what he is thinking, what he wants to do, who he represents, what his game plan is and who he is going to do it to. He lies and lies and lies. His mentor, trainer and coach is the Father of Lies, Satan. People are so deceived, they can’t discern lies from truth. Hey, as long as he looks good and says the right things I desperately want to hear, he is good to go with whatever he is up to, they think. As long as I get what I want, regardless as to whether it is right or wrong, I don’t care, it doesn’t matter to me. He will sound like the consummate politician, lying every time he opens his mouth and says something of just what the people want to hear. Just to get their vote or decision of allegiance. People will be deceived and literally consume everything the man-of-sin has to say, bait-hook-line-and-sinker. However, the bait-hook-line-and-sinker will eventually become excruciatingly bitter and painful in their stomach. Just wait, they will eventually see and understand the truth, but to their eternal, bitterness and woe. (If they have taken his mark and worshipped him or his image).
- Do these descriptions sound like a normal man, of average 5 feet 9 inches in height (yes or no?). Make your own decision, decide for yourself. Based upon everything shown to you, is it entirely possible, even mathematically logical, that the beast, antichrist or man-of-sin could be or is 10 feet tall (or extremely tall(er) if my math is somehow in error)? How many yes’ or no’s did you tally? A mixture of yes and no? Still not convinced? Answer the following questions to yourself.
- An Earthly Throne for Whom?
Could the earthly throne built and pictured below accommodate someone ten (10) feet tall?
If any human sat in this throne, would that be blasphemous?
If someone in human form sat on this throne and demanded to be worshipped, would that be blasphemous?
How could someone possibly gain access to this throne, let alone sit on it?
With the restrainer gone, who would prevent someone from sitting on this earthly throne?
If someone sat on this throne, could that be a physical manifestation of and representation of Mystery Religion Babylon?
Who would possibly want to sit on this throne?
Why would he want to sit on this throne?
Would someone sitting on this throne be in a position to deceive many people?
Why would he be in position to deceive many people?
If someone alternatively sat in this throne (representing the world’s largest ‘Christian’ group) for 3 ½ years and then sat in the throne of the holy of holies in the rebuilt Jewish Temple, for 3 ½ years, what would you make of it?
Who is the throne intended for?
Even if the throne was built for symbolic or artistic purposes, could it be used for a real purpose someday?
Is this earthly throne the most ornate, glorious and revered throne in Western Civilization?
Why would a false, religious dictator desire to be on this throne?
Could a false and evil religious, political and military empire be ruled from this throne?
If something happened to the sun and its light was blotted out, would the throne be in the light or the dark?
Does this throne exist (geographically) in an area once considered part of the Roman Empire?
Is Christ literally represented anywhere in this throne?
Why are mortal men represented at the base of the throne?
Why is the representation of these mortal men positioned at the feet of whomever might sit on the throne?
Does the throne represent or show any of the sacrificial work of the Lamb?
Did Christ promise any crowns to men, while they were alive on earth?
Does this throne display earthly glory and not holy glory?
What evil entity strives for earthly glory?
Does this throne have 24 (twenty-four) elders represented around it?
Does the world consider this throne to be in a temple.?
What is this temple used for?
Is it possible that a human false prophet could function in close proximity to this throne in the temple?
Doorways or entrances into the temple that contains this throne are much larger than necessary to accommodate normal sized human beings. Why are these doorways so large? What purpose would larger than normal doorways or entrances serve? What person would be so large that needed access through these doorways? Currently, these very large doorways and entrances appear to serve either an architectural or artistic purpose. Could the purpose change?
Is this throne the focal point of this temple?
Could official proclamations and happenings occurring on or near the throne be broadcast worldwide with today’s technology?
Do you see the glory of Christ anywhere in this throne?
Is Christ’s throne in heaven or on earth?
In a very real, practical sense … does the throne represent a kingdom of heaven or a kingdom and false religious system on earth?
When Christ returns to earth at his second coming, would he need to sit on this earthly throne so people would know who he is?
Are many people led to believe this is might be what Christ’s throne would look like?
Does the Bible indicate that this is what Christ’s throne looks like in heaven?
Is this throne made for a man? Or for Christ?
Why make a throne if it does not glorify God or Jesus Christ?
Why would men want to worship another man?
If someone sat on this throne, could he be worshipped worldwide 24×7 through modern communication technology and satellite systems?
… The list of questions could go on and on. Yes, I have asked many questions and provided no answers. However, most questions can be answered with a simple yes or no. I don’t believe there is any middle ground answers to any of these questions. Some people will be very uncomfortable with their answers to these questions and the possible implications. That is the point. Things exist today in certain form and function that can change in the “twinkling of an eye” – literally! The Jews were offended (to put it mildly) when Christ indicated who he was and what he was here for. Will mankind act the same way when someone mysteriously sits in this (or some other throne) and demands to be worshipped. By now, the answer should be etched in your mind. I’m not suggesting a conspiracy theory, I’m simply asking yes and no hypothetical questions. If you have some discernment, you can readily answer the questions for yourself. Do not mock or marginalize the questions above. Take them seriously under consideration. Apply what you know from the book of Revelation in answering these questions.
Six-fold Descriptions of the Beast (antichrist):
- Who: Beast, Antichrist (a man).
- What: He represents the physical manifestation as the son of Satan and is Satan’s attempt at providing the world with a false, deceiving, lying version of the true and faithful, only begotten Son, Jesus Christ of God. Jesus is the true (holy) Christ, the antichrist is the ‘anti’ or opposite (evil) of Christ. Just as God empowers his Son, Jesus Christ; Satan empowers his son with the spirit of iniquity.
- Where: Capital of his kingdom is a city called Babylon. 17:8-9, indicates that the beast/antichrist comes out of the bottomless pit and establishes his city in area contained within seven mountains or mountain ranges. “The beast that ascendeth out of the bottomlesspit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.” “The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Rev. 17:7-8). (Emphasis added).
- When: The first 3 ½ years of a period that is known as the tribulation. (Rev. 13:5…”power was given to him to continue forty and two months.”). (Emphasis added).
- Why: Satan is given only seven years to set up, establish and implement his evil kingdom on earth to “try by fire” the nation of Israel and evil mankind. God uses Satan’s evil machinations, through the antichrist, as one form of his wrath towards mankind. Satan uses the antichrist to establish his kingdom on earth.
- How: The beast/antichrist receives his power, seat and authority from the dragon (Satan/Devil). (Rev. 13:2).
Commentary: Why is he beast/antichrist only given power for the first 3 ½ years of the tribulation to blaspheme God, as a man? At the midpoint of the seven (7) year tribulation, Satan literally possesses the man known as the beast/antichrist. Satan does this so he can be worshipped directly in the rebuilt Jewish temple (Abomination of Desolation). When possessing the antichrist, Satan stops the Jewish traditional practice of animal sacrifices for the atonement of their sins with God, and demands that the Jews worship him exclusively as God. He also demands that the entire world worship him as God. It is at this point that the Jews realize they have placed their faith in the wrong messiah and woe their mistake. Although the body of the antichrist still exists in human form, it is now entirely indwelt by Satan. Therefore, for the last 3 ½ years of the tribulation, it is Satan speaking and being worshipped through the antichrist’s body, and not the antichrist himself directly. Satan/antichrist and the false prophet also do away with (destroy) the false religious system (Mystery Religion Babylon) that was endorsed for the first 3 ½ years in order to allow for and mandate the exclusive evil worship of Satan for the final 3 ½ years of the tribulation period knows as the Great Tribulation. The Great Tribulation (final 3 ½ years) is described as such, because this period is now when God pours out his strongest wrath on mankind and the earth. Prior to the midpoint (end of the first 3 ½ years into the tribulation), Satan/antichrist allows every false, blasphemous form of worship imaginable and false religious doctrines, to be practiced globally as a means to insult and blaspheme God and to set up a spiritual worship ‘bait-n-switch’ for men.
At the midpoint, Satan forces men to worship him exclusively as God. By this midpoint in time, I believe everyone who wants to take the mark of the beast and his allegiance, will have already done so in order to participate (buying, selling) in the world economy. Some of these men will also already be practicing beast and image worship and will have no problem transitioning this evil worship to Satan, once Satan indwells the antichrist. Other people around the world, who have been practicing the blasphemous worship of other false religious doctrines, will now be forced to transfer the object of their worship directly to Satan, via his incarnation of the beast/antichrist’s body. This is literally a forced ‘bait-n-switch’ tactic that works to damn millions of people. One of the five (5) “I Wills” (Isaiah 14:13-14) has been the desire of Satan forever to be worshipped as God. Being worshipped as God, is one of Satan’s top five (5) goals or strategic priorities in his existence. His ‘bait-n-switch’ worshipping tactic is successful in deceiving most of mankind during the tribulation, through his possession of the antichrist. Through his antichrist, Satan fools most of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but he can’t fool God. Or, the Tribulation Saints that believe in the gospel of Jesus Christ for their salvation and forgiveness of sins, to the point of being martyred because they refuse to be deceived by the man of sin/beast/antichrist.
There is a very perplexing and puzzling meaning contained within the two verses of Rev. 17:7-8, which clearly indicate that the beast “ascends” OUT OF THE BOTTOMLESS PIT. Ascend means rises up from, or out of as opposed to descend, which means go down into or fall into. If taken very literally, this means that an evil man comes out from the bottomless pit, and not from the nations, peoples or seas of people on the earth, or from an established kingdom on earth. How is this literally possible? How can a man, of all things, suddenly come out of whatever looks like a bottomless pit? Wonder the people of the world when they see him coming up from the bottomless pit … “they that dwell on the earth shall WONDER; whose names are not written in the book of life, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Rev. 17:8). (Emphasis added). Wonder means to question, to puzzle, to evaluate, to guess, to find meaning, this also suggests that they have absolutely no idea who this man is, why he is here, what he wants to do, where he comes from and why he comes out of some kind of bottomless pit. They don’t know who he is or what he represents, because they never gave any thought to reading the word of God in order to see what he might have say about this extremely strange anomaly or phenomenon. In other words, they guess who he is and come to very wrong conclusions.
The people on earth will be fooled and confused by this reality, they truly wonder how this is at all humanly possible. Sort of overlooked in Rev. 17:8 is another qualification that says these people had names that were not written in the book of life. In other words, they are the deceived, unbelieving men that do not know God and think that this man, coming of out pit, somehow is extremely special or significant and smart enough to lead them in solving the world’s problems. They guess, that just maybe, this man from the pit, comes from God to help them deal with the intense world/global problems of the day. He (beast/antichrist) has special characteristics of skill, personality and appearance that appeal to them, that make them forget he came from someplace extremely evil, of which they know nothing about. It really does not matter to them that he came out of an unknown bottomless pit. For all they care, he could have dropped out of a space ship or rolled out of a coffin or come from Harvard or Hollywood. All they know is that he looks great, sounds great, stands great, dresses great, say’s great things and the right things (things we want to hear), claiming he has the solutions to the world’s problems. They will be told that if they follow him and his solutions (lies) all things will be great and as they should be.
Those whose names are not in the book of life, will be deceived, and will say and think that this sounds good to me, sign me up, what do I need to do to get on the band-wagon? The beast/antichrist will simply say, Let me give you a special symbol of the new world system, and you’ll be good to go, you can start buying your new luxury car now. Would you like my special mark of approval on your right hand or forehead? It is just a little mark, kind of like a luxury clothing brand symbol, or a skin blemish you will get after being vaccinated. Nothing spooky or sinister evil sounding about that. Using a very old expression, everything will be ‘hunky-dory’, just do what I say and believe in me, you’ll be fine. He will be a politically astute shark and tell them the words and things they desperately want to hear. Borrowing a term from the political world, the beast/antichrist/man will be really ‘slick and polished, a real professional’. Want to worship cannabis? Go ahead. Want to worship wealth, luxury? Go ahead. Want to have unfettered sex with someone from your own gender? Go ahead. You crave heroin? Go ahead. You have a favorite celebrity, sports hero or sports team and are obsessed with them? Go ahead. You can continue worshipping them, along with everything else you desire. Want to worship me? Go ahead, oh by the way, you can also worship my image at your local shopping mall or outdoor plaza on a digital billboard. Remember, I gave you permission to go ahead and get that new luxury car you lusted after.
This is not make believe or a fabrication. Pictures, images of Kim Jong-un are everywhere in North Korea. Pictures, images of Cuba’s past leaders are everywhere in the country, including homes. These leaders forced their citizens to worship them as God, and have their images plastered everywhere, throughout their respective countries. I know that at one time, the Chinese government had pictures/images of Mao-Tse Tung hanging everywhere, throughout China. I don’t know if that is still the case, or not, but the respect paid was close to that of worship. Those are just the ones I know about. Back in the 1930s and 1940s, a despot named Hitler, had his image plastered everywhere, and demanded utmost loyalty and allegiance, some would also include worship. Yes, almost all countries around the world have various pictures or images of past or present leaders on coins, currency, bill-boards and in magazines, etc. This is to be expected and is not at all unusual. However, most countries (or leaders) do NOT require the worship of political leaders as God. However, the beast/antichrist will absolutely, positively, forcefully require people to worship him and ultimately Satan, as God, once the Devil possesses the antichrist’s body at the midpoint of the tribulation and when the false religious doctrines are disposed of.
Satan will say at his Abomination of Desolation;
You are commanded NOT to worship Allah / Budda / Virgin Mary / Statues / Baal / Ashtiri / Ancestors / Gaia / Drugs / Sex / Yourself / Artificial Intelligence / Money / Gold / Porn / Celebrities / Sports Heroes or Talk Show Hosts anymore, and henceforth; you have to worship me – and only me, as God, you are mine, you belong to me, you took my mark and received my approval and you gave me your allegiance, you signed your name in blood, worship of me is now the official law and religion of the world, you can’t turn back, you absolutely, positively, upon death… have to worship me as God and nothing else … gotcha sucker!
An infamous Satanist, whom I will not mention, once summed up in writing, the philosophy at the foundation of satanic religion as “do as thou wilst”. Satan knows that man inherently wants to do his own thing, to be accountable to no one, and do anything and everything that comes to his mind that is not of God or of Christ. This is a partial description of Sin. This is in direct contradiction and blaspheme to doing what is right and just in the sight of God and in the order to which he created things. The beast’s/antichrist’s actual on-earth name is completely irrelevant and time is wasted trying to figure who he might be. Christians, for centuries, have struggled in vain in trying to figure out the name and number of the beast. You can speculate all you want and look at today’s worldwide leaders and power brokers. None of them, not one, currently fits the bill compared to the political/leadership ticket punched by the man of sin at the beginning of the tribulation period. No one is going to come up the ranks, or is hanging out in the political power wings, or on the leadership sidelines, from any country or political ideology, ready to jump and say Here I am, I have all the answers, put me in charge!
The bible is silent about what the bottomless pit looks like. We know that is a type or sort of spiritual high security prison for the evilest and deadliest of Satan’s rebellious hordes, of evil creatures. Some of these entities have been thrown in there, and have been in there, since Genesis. The bible says that the beast/antichrist/man of sin won’t be revealed (ascend from the pit) until it is the right time for him to do so, at the onset of the tribulation period. God wants us to know what this evil man represents, what he does, how he does it, and to whom he will do it to. Again, the man of sin’s name is irrelevant and non-consequential. For all we know, his name could be SpongeBob Squarepants. It doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t. Even if we knew his name, it wouldn’t change anything regarding what he is planning to do and how he is going to do it. His name will probably be revealed when he ascends out of the pit, so people will know what to call him and how to address him. By them knowing his name, at that time, does not change their wonderment and awe at who he is and what he is telling them. Lies, lies and more lies. Is his on-earth name really that important? No. His name is no more important than my name, your name, or your neighbors’ names.
Could the bottomless pit be a literal smoking pit that opens up somewhere in the Middle East, as a result of volcanic or earthquake activity, and the man of sin walks out? It makes absolutely no difference or have any eternal significance as to what door the man of sin walks through or ascends and slithers up from, to enter the world. If he arrives on our world scene through scientific or geological means, or through a post-hole in my backyard, who cares? The word of God warns us, clearly, distinctly and literally. Those who seek God NOW will know the purpose of this beast of a man of sin. There will be no wonder, no guessing, no ‘woulda-coulda-shoulda-aughta-mightbe’s,’ or wonderment. Our names are written in Christ’s Book of Life. We will not be deceived by this man, we know who he is and what he wants. I don’t care what his on-earth name is or what door he crawls through, or what black pit he climbs out of. He still stinks to heaven. We will not be here to see this abomination enter the world, to deceive mankind through his lies and false promises, and rise to political and military power. Our eternal salvation is sealed through the shedding of Christ’s blood, through his forgiveness of our sins and through his resurrection. We won’t be deceived by a ‘Slick-Willy’ politician, warmonger, Hollywood hunk or the perfection of deception. Thank God. Praise Jesus.
Six-fold References to Angelic Warnings Given to Evil Men:
- … “And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!.” (Rev. 8:13). (Emphasis added).
- … “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” (Rev. 12:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand,” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimestone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of trhe Lamb.” (Rev. 14:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever:” (Rev. 14.11). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 18:4). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These six (6) angelic warnings to evil men could not be any more explicit, direct or to the point. They are made with great emphasis and intensity. They are prophetic in nature because these angels know exactly what is coming through the tunnel in the very near term, during the Tribulation and Great Tribulation. One angel knows the wrath that is coming when the fifth, six and seven angel trumpets are blown. Another angel knows the chaos, mayhem and deception that will result from Satan being kicked out of heaven and thrown to the curb of the earth. He has great wrath/fury and will take it out upon mankind. These are just the first two warnings given by angels! The last four warnings are the sternest and most emphatic warnings God gives mankind via his heavenly messengers. This angel declares, in no uncertain terms, what will befall man if they “worship the beast and receive his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand.” Evil men who do this will receive an overflowing allotment of full wrath of God. It won’t be watered down or diluted. It will be administered full strength. They will be tormented for ever and ever, in the lake of fire and brimestone (2nd death). They will have no rest day or night, for ever.
Elsewhere in this analysis, I comment on the specific sins of men during the Tribulation period that lead to their eternal damnation. The angel who gives this warning indicates the severity of these sins and their consequences from being comitted. Even when this angel proclaims these warnings, they are ignored by mankind and sloughed off or not taken seriously. This ultimately leads to their eternal damnation once they take the mark, name or number of the beast and worship him and his image. With all the bad and evil things that men do today, and during the Tribulation, what makes the last four (4) warnings so emphatic and important? Surely, there are worse things a man could do than worship someone else or a worship an image? Don’t men already do these things? Receiving a mark or number seems harmless enough today. People get all kinds of crazy looking tattoos, what does it matter if someone gets yet another mark or tattoo on their hand or forehead? Or so, people will think during the Tribulation. What they don’t’ know is the object of their worship and adoration.
For the first three and half years of the Tribulation, they will be worshipping the satanically powered beast or antichrist. They will be worshipping a false and blasphemous deity. It gets worse. At the midpoint of the Tribulation, Satan indwells or possesses the beast/antichrist and demands to be worshipped as God. This takes place in Jerusalem in the rebuilt Jewish Temple. Satan/beast defiles the holiest section of the temple. It gets worse. By taking the beast’s mark, name or number, men in essence have signed their name on the dotted line in blood, in regards to giving their utmost allegiance to Satan, through the beast/antichrist/man of sin. They have completely, unequivocably given themselves over to evil via their mind, heart, body and soul. They have even allowed their flesh to be modified to reflect their satanic status. There is nothing worse that a man can do than WILLINGLY give himself over to Satan. God gives men freewill and a choice. At this point, Jesus Christ can’t provide salvation to lost men. They have made their choice. They chose Satan over Christ. They chose to ignore Christ’s offer of salvation. Christ does NOT force himself on anyone who does not want him, or his offer of free forgiveness of sins through Him, and the shedding of his blood and resurredtion. God created man in his image. Men are described as imagers of God. Once man worships the beast, his image and takes his name, number or mark; the body, soul, mind and heart are completely defiled and no longer reflect God’s reflected glory in man. Instead, the evilness of Satan is reflected in the evil men who ignore the angel’s dire warning.
Elsewhere in this commentary, I provide a thorough analysis between receiving a mark (branding) by the beast/antichrist versus receiving a seal of ownership by God in the forehead. For whatever reason (location of the spirit or soul in a man?) God reserves the forehead for a seal of ownership. A true seal of God’s ownership is spiritual and placed in the forehead of those redeemed by Christ. Conversely, once the beast/antichrist has put a mark/branding on the outside/surface of the forehead, that person is given over to Satan and becomes his property (for future slaughter). This duality between satanic markings and holy sealings in foreheads is very real and denotes a person’s status to angels, to Satan and to God/Christ. Once evil men do the exact things that they are told not to do, they have forfeited Christ’s offer of salvation, for eternity. The mark of the beast and the seal of God denote a man’s status for eternity from the Tribulation. Conversely, the Tribulation Saints are those strong people who heed the angel’s warnings and don’t take the mark of the beast, or worship him or his image. Many passages throughout the book of Revelation indicate the glorious future, in eternity, of these redeemed men who did NOT cave into the beast’s system. They accepted the gospel, they accepted Christ for who he is, they acceptance the forgiveness of their sins through Christ’s shedding of blood and resurrection. However, their redemption came with a great personal price of martyrdom in the form of beheading when they refused to withdraw their belief in Christ at the hands of the beast’s persecution.
God isn’t joking or kidding around when He issues a warning. Men are warned not to cross a line, for their own good. Do they listen? Do they obey? Do they take the warning seriously? No, no, no. These warnings are so serious because they have eternal consequences. Six (6) denotes evil and man. Hence, six (6) warnings are given in the verses referenced above.
Six-fold Reference to the Woman (as Babylon City and Mystery Religion Babylon):
- … “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:3). (emphasis added).
- …”And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.” (Rev. 17:4). (emphasis added).
- … “And I saw the woman drunken with blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.” (Rev. 17:6). (emphasis added).
- … “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:7). (emphasis added).
- … “And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman” (Rev. 17:9). (emphasis added).
- … “And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.” (Rev. 17:18). (emphasis added).
Commentary: Six (6) references. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The descriptive name of woman is used interchangeably as referring to both the physical Babylon City and the Mystery Religion of Babylon. Sometimes, the distinction is clear as to whether the reference is to the actual city or to the mystery religion that comes from the city. In other instances there is interchangeability in how the descriptive elements are used in referring to the city or the evil religion.
The six (6) verses are meant to be read in context with another. The woman is a great city, sitting on seven mountains and reigns over the kings of the earth (or, is the political capital of the beast’s empire). Initially, the evil religion that originates from this city is carried throughout the world (supported by) the ten kings who form the beast’s political and military backbone. The city (like a woman) is adorned with the most luxurious and expensive, precious stones, gold, finest linens, etc. The city and evil religion (like a whore) seduce men and kings from around the world to practice evil, blasphemous religious doctrines and false worship of evil things. The city and evil religion (like a whore) are drunk or intoxicated with the blood of those whom were martryed for believing in the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are intoxicated or drunk in the sense that they are exceedingly giddy in having defeated and killed those who do not subscribe to their evil doctrines. They feel vindicated, that their evil way is the right way. They are joyful and happy that their religious enemies (Christians) are literally being killed before there eyes for not converting to false religious dogma or blashpemous forms of worship. In a nutshell, the evil ones of Babylon City and those who practice Babylon’s Mystery Reliigon are absolutely giddy that blood (scarlet wine) is spilt from those they are successfully beheading (martyrs for Christ). The evil men feel that they are gaining victory over Christianity through the untold slaughter/beheading of many, many men who are converted by the gospel of Jesus Christ during the Tribulation Period.
Six-fold References to the Name Babylon as a City and as a Mystery Religion:
- … “And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.” (Rev. 14:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.” (Rev. 16:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Rev. 17:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” (Rev. 18:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour is thy judgement come.” (Rev. 18:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.” (Rev. 18:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Only six (6) references. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The number of evil man. These six references are to a name or title, and are not descriptive, since Babylon is capitalized in every case. ‘That great city’ is used twice as a desciptive element. ‘the great’ is used three times as a desciptive element.
3X + 2X = 5X (the great + that geat city). Denotes the satanic influence behind and operating within the city.
3X + 2X +1X = 6X (the great + that great city + Babylon). Adding the name Babylon from the first verse or reference with the two desciptive elements indicates that Babylon is an extremely evil city of men. Six (6) references is the evil number representing man.
5X + 1X = 6X (Babylon City + Mystery Babylon). Babylon is referenced 5X as a city and once as Mystery Babylon. Mystery (Religion) Babylon is a spiritual or religious reference to the evil and false religion(s) eminating from the city causing spiritual fornication around the world. Depending on how the word Babylon is used, in context and with descriptive elements, it can mean either the actual, physical city of the Beast’s worldwide capital, or it can mean the false, evil, mystery religious fornication that is spewed forth from the city. Generically speaking, the Babylonian System is not mentioned in the Bible, however, it is used to descibe the entire Babylon footprint on the earth; the beast, the fasle prophet, the mark/name/number, the ten kings (political, military backbone for the beast), the physical city of Babylon, the false, fornication of evil religion and spirituality, the satanic influence behind the beast, the false prophet, Babylon City and Mystery Religion Babylon. The Babylon System also includes the worldwide systems behind the beast’s empire that allow him to govern the earth; electronic commerce, communications, military, political, and religious. Babylon and Mystery Religion Babylon are further described as:
- She made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
- God remembers the evil caused by her and pours out the “wine of the fierceness of his wrath” for her to drink. In turn, she is divided into three parts and the cities of the world are leveled by the greatest, most powerful earthquake in the history of mankind “as long as men have walked the earth.”
- She is described also as being the ”mother or harlots and abominations of the earth.” Taken into context with MYSTERY, this refers to the spiritual fornication that is generated from the city and propigated around the world.
- The physical city becomes the ”habitation of devils, the hold of every kind of foul spirit, and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” These descriptive elements suggest that physical Babylon City will attract anything and everything that is evil, foul, devilish, unclean and hateful. Both of spirits and of men.
- Physical Babylon City is literally destroyed in one hour. The smoke and fire of her destruction is seen so far away that men (merchansts, kings) stand back or away, least they be consumed by her destruction. They see Babylon City’s destruction and are afraid to come near it because they fear that the destruction might come upon them. Everyone who stands afar off watching the aftermath of Babylon City’s destruction marvel at her destruction and the immensity of it. They grew rich from selling their merchandise and luxuries to the evil people of Babylon City. The kings of the world maintained their political power under the beast by committing spiritual mystery religion fornication with the evil religious doctrine(s) the city provided the world. Everyone who ‘benefitted’ from their relationship with the evil city and its evil religious dogma is now distraught because their fortunes and benefits have been lost. They never thought that such a ‘great city’ could fall or be destroyed, let alone in under just one hour. They are scared for themselves and won’t come near the city.
- Lastly, an extremely strong angel casts or throws a millstone (heavy object) into the sea indicating that Babylon City will likewise be cast aside with violence and found no more. Babylon City was not unlike a millstone that hung around the necks of men, causing them to sink to the depths of hell. Symbolically, as the millstone sinks to the bottom of the ocean and will never be found again, so it will be with Babylon City. It is violently destroyed and cast aside, never to be found again.
Once again, Six (6) detailed descriptions of Babylon and Mystery Religion Babylon. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The number of evil man.
Six-fold Descriptive Names of Babylon City:
- (Rev. 18:7)
- mighty city. (Rev. 18:10)
- no widow. (Rev. 18:7)
- great city. (7X). (Rev. 14:8, 17:18, 18:10, 18:16, 18:18, 18:19, 18:21)
- (6X). (17:3, 17:4, 17:6, 17:7, 17:9, 17:18)
- (4X). (Rev. 17:1, 17:15, 17:16, 19:2)
Commentary: Descriptive references (not name or title conventions). Four of the evil references are related to a female (queen, no widow, woman, whore). The remaining references are to an evil city. We know these references are evil because there are six (6) of them and they describe the evil, physical city of Babylon City and those who dwell within it.
X = reference(s) to descriptive name.
7X = (great city). Denotes God’s divinely determined completeness to his plan or purpose.
6X + 1X = 7X (woman + queen). Denotes God’s divinely determined completeness to his plan or purpose.
6X + 1X = 7X (woman + no widow). Denotes God’s divinely determined completeness to his plan or purpose.
6X + 1X = 7X (woman + great city). Denotes God’s divinely determined completeness to his plan or purpose.
4X + 1X + 1X + 1X = 7X (whore + queen + no widow + great city). Denotes God’s divinely determined completeness to his plan or purpose.
6X + 4X = (woman + whore). Denotes imperfection, monstrous, not normal and evil (plus) universalness. Numbers within numbers, meaning within meanings, truth within truth. Six (6) evil references or verses describing the evil Babylon City. Seven, six and four repetitions of the evil descriptive elements have divine meaning. Even the combinations of the evil descriptive elements and the number of their repetitions contain divine meaning and truth.
Six-fold Reference to “Sharp Harvesting Sickles”:
- … ”And I looked, and behold a white cloud, upon the white cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.” (Rev. 14:14). (Emphasis added).
- … “And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time has come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.” (Rev. 14:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth: and the earth was reaped.” (Rev. 14:16). (Emphasis added).
- … “And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.” (Rev. 14:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.” (Rev. 14:18). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.” (Rev. 14:19). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Definition of Sickle; a short-handled farming tool with a semicircular blade, used for cutting grain, lopping, or trimming. These six (6) references are literally in a numerical sequence, each one following the previous verse and can be read as a whole. The harvesting of grapes is an analogy for the harvesting of evil mankind on earth. Mankind’s evil is in its fullest bloom, or the fruit of evil has become ripe since it has been growing for so long. The amount of evil can’t get any greater, and now is the time to harvest (destroy) evil. The harvester knows exactly when it is the right time to harvest grapes. The reaping of mankind will be no different, there will come a time that is determined to be the right time in which to harvest evil men. Four (4) special angels are assigned this task. The first angel sits on a cloud, has a gold crown, looks radiant (like unto Christ), and has a sharp sickle. A second angel comes out of heaven’s temple and tells the angel, on the cloud who has a sharp sickle, that NOW is the time for him to start harvesting evil men on earth. And he does so, he starts reaping evil men from the earth with his sharp sickle. A third angel comes out of heaven’s temple, and he also has a sharp sickle. And a fourth angel comes out of the altar of heaven and tells the third angel (who also holds a sharp sickle) that he should also start using his sickle to reap evil men from earth. In summary, there are two angels telling another two angels (that have sharp sickles) that they should both start using their sickles to reap evil men for earth. The timing of this reaping of men by angels using harvesting sickles occurs on the Great Day of the Lord. The last verse in the series, Rev. 14:19, indicates that this activity represents the “winepress of the wrath of God.” This is yet another judgement/action meted out upon evil mankind, by God. There is strong reason to believe that all of these verses can be taken into context as occuring on The Day of the Lord. Rev. 14:20, indicates the volume of bloodshed from the great winepress rises to that of horses bridles (5’), by the space of thousand and sixhunderd furlongs (200 miles).
We know that these verses are in reference to evil mankind because the number of references (6) indicates that the subject matter (men) pertain to evil men. The four (4) angels represent God’s universalness and foursquarenss of symmetry and balance in his plan or purpose. The four (4) angels also represent a doubling of a double (2×2=4). An extra measure of equal weight or importance. Elsewhere in Revelation, we are told that Christ returns with the armies of heaven on The Day of the Lord. It is generally understood that these armies will contain angels, as well as redeemed men from both the Church Age and Tribulation Age (tribulation martyrs). Is is very likely that these four angels could be symbolically representing the angelic participation in Christ’s heavenly armies, or, they could in fact be, the very exact angels who participate in his army. In either case, it is apparent that angels play an important role in meting out God’s great winepress of wrath, when his only begotten Son, Jesus Christ returns at the end of the Tribulation on The Day of the Lord to destroy his enemies.
Six-fold Reference of God’s Wrath for Evil Men:
- Demonic locusts from bottomless pit torment men for five months. (Rev. 9:1-11). 5th angel / 5th trumpet wrath.
- 4 angels of Euphrates River, slay 1/3rd of men. (Rev. 9:13-19). 6th angel / 6th trumpet wrath.
- 2 angels with sharp sickles harvesting evil men’s blood from the great winepress of God’s wrath. (Rev. 14:14-20).
- Noisome and grievous sores. (Rev. 16:2). 1st angel / 1st vial wrath – vial plague.
- Scorching great heat, men repent not. (Rev. 16:8-9).4th angel / 4th vial wrath – vial plague.
- Greatest Earthquake in History, Babylon City split into three parts, cities of nations crumble, mountains and islands disappear, great 75lb. (weighing a talent) hailstones fall on men. (Rev. 16:17-21. 7th angel / 7th vial wrath – vial plague.
Commentary: The wrath for men are alternated with the wrath for the earth. The wraths for men are highly painful, tormenting and destructive. Yet, men repent not. An earthquake of such a great magnitude strikes, that cities from all over the world are leveled. Mountains and islands crumble along with the habitation on them. The great evil Babylon City is decimated, split into three parts and burns within one hour. The pain endured from the grievous sores, scorching heat and being hammered by 75lfb. Hailstones is so great, that men beg to die, wish they could die … but death “flees them.” These cataclysms come from the trumpet wraths and vial plagues. God uses demonic entities (locusts from bottomless pit, evil angels from Euphrates River), heavenly angels (having sharp harvesting sickles) and nature (sun, hail, earthquake, sores) to afflict men. The fact that God uses three (3) forms of afflication denotes the emphasis and intensity of his purpose or plan. He uses everything under his control; nature, heavenly angels and demonic creatures / fallen angels.
Six-fold Reference to 10 Evil Horns/Crowns (Kings) of the Beast’s Empire:
- … “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.” (Rev. 12:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.” (Rev. 13:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman and beast that carrieth her, which hat the seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power of kings one hour with the beast.” (Rev. 17:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.” (Rev. 17:16). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These 6 (six) verses describe the political and military backbone of the beast’s evil empire. The 10 (ten) kings are a consortium of political leaders that collectively give up their political and military sovereignty to the beast/antichrist. In exchange, he grants them “power as kings for one hour.” They will come from what is represented as a revived Roman empire (geographically, politically and militarily). The above reference in verse 17:12-14 indicates that these 10 (ten) political leaders act in a collective unison (with one mind), and give up their political and military might (power and strength) to the beast (based upon the will of God). This verse also continues on to indicate that these kings “for one hour” are active military participants against Jesus Christ on the Lord’s Day at the battle of Armageddon. Two verses reference the influence that these 10 (ten) kings have on Mystery Religion Babylon. Verse 17:7 indicates that these kings act in collective unison and purpose in supporting (and enforcing) the worldwide acceptance of the whore, Mystery Religion Babylon. They are the ‘muscle of the means’ or the part of the beast that supports (carries) the domination of the mystery religion worldwide. The last reference, verses 17:16-17, indicate that midway through the Tribulation, these 10 (ten) kings turn on and destroy the whore, the Mystery Religion of Babylon.
Why would these 10 (ten) kings, who have worked for 3 ½ years to build up and support the whore, the worldwide mystery religion system, suddenly turn on her to “make her desolate and naked and shall eat her flesh and burn her with fire?” The answer lies in the religious or spiritual ‘bait-n-switch’ that Satan pulls off on evil mankind. At the beginning of the Tribulation, to gain easy acceptance and domination over the world’s peoples, Satan allows them to worship anything and everything (but God and Jesus Christ) and to also enforce his worship through the beast/antichrist and false prophet. The worship of anything and everything (but God and Jesus Christ) is known as Mystery Religion Babylon, which also includes Satanic worship. Halfway (3 ½ years) into the Tribulation, Satan physically indwells the beast and commits the Abomination of Desolation in the rebuilt Jewish Temple. The satanically indwelt beast places himself in the holiest part of the rebuilt temple and declares himself to be God and demands to be worshipped directly as such, under the pain of death and beheading of not doing so. As a result, men who have taken the mark of the beast and perhaps have been worshipping idols of gold or silver, have no choice but to give up their mystery religion and are forced to worship Satan/beast exclusively.
Most of those deceived men who have already been worshipping the beast and his image will have no problem in continuing to worship the satanically indwelt beast. Their worship will just be more of the same, except that Satan is now the direct object or recipient of their worship. Conversely, those men who were actively participating in the mystery religion of worshipping whatever they wanted, now have to turn their worship exclusively to Satan. Thus, Satan has effectively pulled-off a successful religious ‘bait-n-switch’ of historical proportions. Evil men thought they could get away with chasing whatever they wanted, and now, Satan/beast has a firm grasp of them ‘bait-hook-line-sinker.’ Evil men have to worship him, they are forced to worship him under threat of death. They have physically and satanically defiled themselves through taking the beast’s mark (or name, number) and thus, they have given themselves over totally, completely and whole heartedly to the beast’s kingdom and system. Now, the whole mystery religion system has been destroyed “burned with fire, flesh consumed,” and replaced with the singular, exclusive worship of Satan. The ten (10) kings helped carry the whore throughout the whole world, and conversely, helped destroy her when the time was right and dictated by Satan. Just as the beast and false prophet are puppets of Satan, the 10 (ten) kings are the ‘puppet thugs’ or ‘heavy muscle goons’ that carry the beast’s system and mystery religion (for 3 ½ years) throughout the world.
Ten (10) is a doubling of Satan’s evil number of 5 (five), (5×2=10). In the context of God’s divine mathematics, these “kings for an hour with the beast” represent a double portion of Satanic evil or worldly strength. 10 (ten) also represents a doubling of the satanically empowered beast’s kingdom, or a doubling of any kind of Satan’s influence.
Eighteen (3×6) References to Angels Administering God’s Wrath:
- … “And the angel took the censer, and filld it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.” (Rev. 8:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.” (Rev. 8:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood.” (Rev. 8:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters.” (Rev. 8:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.” (Rev. 8:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.” (Rev. 9:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.” (Rev. 9:14). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the four angels were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and month, and year, for to slay the third part of men.” (Rev. 9:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.” (Rev. 14:16). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.” (Rev. 14:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I heard a great voice out the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.” (Rev. 16:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” (Rev. 16:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.” (Rev. 16:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood.” (Rev. 16:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.” (Rev. 16:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain.” (Rev. 16:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried upo,that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.” (Rev. 16:12). (Emphasis added).
- … ”And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.” (Rev. 16:17). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Three (3) denotes God’s great emphasis and intensity concerning a matter X six (6) denoting God’s number referring to evil man (mankind, antichrist, false prophet). These eighteen (18) references indicate God’s direct wrath being poured out on evil men and the earth’s environment that sustains them. Interestingly, these are wraths doled out by angels directly, upon the earth and man, and do NOT include the wraths associated with Christ’s opening of the seven (7) book seal wraths. Christ’s seven (7) book seal wraths are not included in this grouping because Christ directly releases his book seal wrath upon the earth, angels do not administer his wrath. He administers his wrath himself. The interesting take-away is that God, in his purpose or plan, has eighteen (18) instances (3×6) were his wrath is administered by angels which affects evil man directly, or indirectly (via the earth’s environment).
Categories: Revelation of Jesus Christ