Five (5) is an imperfect, uneven or ‘odd’ number. There are no multiples of other numbers that lead to five (5). The five (5) “I Will” statements of Lucifer (Isaiah 14:13-14) reflect his deception and boastful ego … or ‘PRIDE’ (pride is made up of five letters). Satan’s ‘PRIDE’ is manifest throughout Revelation, in a number of counterfeit entities that mimic what God, the Father, has done through his only begotten son, Jesus Christ. John the Apostle’s Revelation of Jesus Christ, treats the dragon/serpent, Satan/Devil with the number five (5), to represent his characteristics, actions, behavior, power and influence over mankind and the nations. Five (5) is a number that is NOT divisible into any of God’s divine numbers.
- Five-fold Reference to the Devil.
- Five-fold Descriptions / Names of the Evil One.
- Five-fold Reference to Persecution of the Woman (Israel) by the serpent/dragon.
- Five-fold Reference to Satanic Power.
- Five-fold World Systems Satanically Controlled.
- Five-fold Wars of Satan.
- Five-Fold Months of Torment by Satanic/Demonic Locusts.
- Five-Fold Reference to Seven (7) Heads.
- Five-fold Satanically Empowered Counterfeits.
- Five-fold Doubling of Christian Persecution by Satan.
- Five-fold Evils of Satan.
- Five-fold Reference to Men Worshipping the Beast.
- Five-fold Reference to Men Worshipping the Beast’s Image.
- Five-fold Sins Resulting in Men’s Eternal Damnation.
- 50,000,000 Fallen / Evil Angels under Satan’s Authority.
- Five-fold Evils Born of the Spirit of Iniquity.
- Stairway to Hell.
Five-fold Reference to the Devil:
- … “Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days; be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” (Rev. 2:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which decieveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Rev. 12:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” (Rev. 12:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimestone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.” (Rev. 20:10). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Three lowercase (d)evil, two uppercase (D)evil. The distinction is important. When the term is capitalized, it refers to a name or title. Devil (capitalized twice) is the name of the evil one, devil (lower case, three times) is a descriptive reference to the evil one. D(d)evil is the only term that is used interchangeably as a name and also as a descriptive reference. God’s word is so precise, logical and mathematically arranged that even the use of capitalization and the sequencing of a name/description has meaning within meaning. In the use of the word ‘D(d)evil’; the first instance of it being used is in Rev. 2:10 and is not capitalized and is represented with a small ‘d’. Every following instance of this word alternates between the capital ‘D’ and the lowercase ‘d’, as such; d – D –d – D – d. When referencing the evil one, the Word of God alternates, in exact sequence, to the name of the evil one and a description of the evil one. Consider the ordering or context describing the evil one. He is described as casting individual Christians into prison, next he is described as deceiving nations, next he is kicked out of heaven and has great wrath, then he is bound in prison for 1,000 years, lastly he is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone. These verses quickly summarize the actions and results of the angel once known as Lucifer. God is in control and through the word of His Holy Spirit, informs us that Satan/Devil will end up in the lake of fire and brimstone.
Five-fold Descriptions / Names of the Evil One:
- *Lucifer. (Isaiah 14:13)
- (12X). (Rev. 12:3, 12:4, 12:7, 12:9, 12:13, 12:16, 12:17, 13:2, 13:4, 13:11, 16:13, 20:2)
- (7X). (Rev. 2:9, 2:13, 2:24, 3:9, 12:9, 20:2, 20:7)
- (4X). (Rev. 12:9, 12:14, 12:14, 20:2)
- D(d)evil. (5X). (Rev. 2:10, 12:9, 12:12, 20:2, 20:10) Three lowercase devil, two uppercase Devil. The distinction is important.
Commentary: There is a lot to comment on regarding these four words. There is even some hidden truth within these four words. When the term is capitalized, it refers to a name or title. Satan and Devil (capitalized twice) are the names of the evil one. dragon and devil (lower case, three times) are descriptive references to the evil one. D(d)evil is the only term that is used interchangeably as a name and also as a descriptive reference. God’s word is so precise, logical and mathematically arranged that even the use of capitalization and the sequencing of a name/description has meaning within meaning. In the use of the word D(d)evil; the first instance of it being used is in Rev. 2:10 and is not capitalized and is represented with a small ‘d’. Every following instance of this word alternates between the capital ‘D’ and the lowercase ‘d’, as such; d – D –d – D – d. When referencing the evil one, the Word of God alternates, in exact sequence, to the name of the evil one and a description of the evil one. Amazing.
Notice that the descriptive term of dragon (lowercase) is mentioned twelve (12) times throughout the book of Revelation. In keeping with God’s consistency of mathematical perfection and meaning, twelve (12) refers to his divinely constituted organization either in heaven or on earth. Even in regards to the most evil of entities, God is in omnipotent control … even down to the level of how this entity is so named and described with mathematical and sequential perfection. Satan (uppercase) is used seven (7) times by the Holy Spirit. Once again, seven (7) denotes God’s divinely determined completeness as to his purpose or plan. Naming the evil one as a Satan (uppercase) occurs exactly seven (7) times in the book of Revelation, no more no less. This is the exact number times God’s chooses to use this word in naming the evil one, and underscores his divine purpose or plan in dealing with the evil one. When combining both the naming and descriptive references of Satan and D(d)evil, there are a total of twelve (12) combined uses of the these worlds (7+5=12). Twelve (12) refers to God’s divinely constituted organization either in heaven or on earth. This is entirely accurate since the evil one has access to heaven and earth, until such time as he is permanently removed from heavenly access and is cast down to earth at the midpoint of the Tribulation period.
*Lucifer; this evil one’s name is not found in the book of Revelation. The only time it appears in the Bible is in the description of the evil one’s fall from his lofty position in heaven (Isaiah 14:13). This angelic name was given to him before he was corrupted by his sin of Pride and desire “to be like the most high.” Once he was found to have the spirit of iniquity in him, he received two new names and two new descriptions. Now, he is the serpent and dragon, and is also called Satan/Devil. Numbers within numbers, truth within truth, meaning within meaning, layers upon layers. God’s wisdom, preciseness and mathematical accuracy keeps revealing itself, over and over and over to those who will look and attempt to understand his ways.
Five-fold Reference to Persecution of the Woman (Israel) by the serpent/dragon:
- … “And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.“ (Rev. 12:13). (Empahasis added).
- … “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time (3 ½ years), from the face of the serpent.” (Rev. 12:14). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.” (Rev. 12:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.” (Rev. 12:16). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Rev. 12:17). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: The descriptive use of (d)ragon and (s)erpent are used a total of 5 (five) times in the context of persecuting Israel (the woman). The dragon goes to devour the child (Church) as soon as it is born, only to be thwarted by God’s miraculous “catching up” (rapture/harpazo) of the Church. Next, the dragon goes to persecute the woman (Israel) by trying to destroy her with a flood, only to be thwarted miraculously by the earth that swallows the flood. The dragon is getting exceedingly angry wroth with the woman because he can’t catch and destroy her. Since the woman (Israel) is supernaturally protected in the wildnerness for 3 ½ years, the dragon does the only thing left for him to do. He goes after and makes war with the remnant of the woman’s (Israel’s) seed. The remnant are redeemed Jews that have come to believe in Jesus Christ as their savior or “have the testimony of Jesus Christ”, and have accepted forgiveness of their sins, through the shedding of Christ’s blood and not through animal sacrifices. There are two important points or themes made in these concise, five verses; the dragon (Satan) literally tries to destroy, devour or kill those who are loved by God and Christ. The child (Church age believers), the woman (Israel) and her remnant (144,000 redeemed Jews from the 12 tribes). In every attempt, Satan is kept from causing any of these groups harm. All three goups are supernaturally protected. God protects those who love him and the Lamb, and have placed their faith and salvation in Jesus Christ. The Church, Israel and her remnant are so important and a desired prize to the dragon (Satan), that he persecutes and tries to devour them himself. The beast/antichrist’s role is to deceive evil mankind and the nations. Satan targets the most important prizes for himself.
Five-fold Reference to Satanic Power:
- … “And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. “ (Rev. 12:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Rev. 12:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” (Rev. 13:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able make war with him?“ (Rev. 13:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.“ (Rev. 16:13). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These five verses describe Satan’s direct exercise of his power. Satan directly causes a flood to try to devour Israel (woman as she flees to the wilderness). He directly tries to attack Israel’s remnant. Rev. 13:2 and 13:4 specifically indicate that Satan directly gives his power, seat and authority to the beast. These are his attributes which he endows to the beast/antichrist. Lastly, Satan also issues an unclean spirit from his mouth, along with the beast and false prophet, who exercise their endowed satanic power to also issue forth unclean spirits from their mouths. These unclean spirits are used to draw kings, from around the world, to come to battle at Armageddon. All subsequent verses in Revelation that refer to either the beast or the false prophet, directly or indirectly refer to their endowed power coming from Satan. Satan give his power directly to the beast/antichrist, who in turn, shares some of this power with the false prophet. As stated elsewhere in this analysis, the false prophet can only exercise satanic power when he is in close proximity of the beast. Satan’s power is not omnipotent or omnipresent. He has to be nearby his fleshly puppets (beast and false prophet), in order to exercise his power.
Five-fold World Systems Satanically Controlled:
- Economic system. (Buy, sell, merchants, trade, mark, name, number). (18X). (Rev. 13:16, 13:17, 14:9, 14:11, 15:2, 16:2, 18:3, 18:7, 18:9, 18:11, 18:12, 18:13, 18:14, 18:15, 18:17, 18:19, 18:22, 18:23).
- Communication system. (Nations shall see, in the sight of men, saying to them that dwell on earth). (15X). (Rev. 11:9, 11:10, 11:11, 11:12, 13:3, 13:4, 13:5, 13:6, 13:12, 13:13, 13:14, 13:15, 13:16, 13:17, 17:8).
- Political system. (Kingdom, seat, authority, kings, power over nations). (12X). (Rev. 13:1, 13:2, 13:7, 16:10, 16:14, 17:3, 17:7, 17:12, 17:13, 17:16, 17:17, 17:18).
- Military system. (Power, make war). (15X). (Rev. 6:2, 6:4, 10:16, 10:18, 10:19, 13:2, 13:7, 13:15, 16:14, 16:16, 17:12, 17:13, 17:14, 19:18, 19:19).
- Religious system. (Mystery Religion Babylon). (24X). (Rev. 9:20, 9:21, 13:4, 13:8, 13:11, 13:12, 13:14, 13:15, 14:8, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 17:1, 17:2, 17:4, 17:5, 17:15, 17:16, 18:3, 18:4, 18:5, 18:9, 19:2, 19:20).
Commentary: Babylon System is the beast’s/antichrist’s kingdom of power and control on earth during the Tribulation. It is the beast’s/anti-christ’s political and military systems. It is an economic and communication system. It is the name of a physical city believed to be the capital of this kingdom. Lastly, it is a false, blasphemous religious and worship system (Mystery Religion Babylon). Satan controls and manipulates all these global systems, through his beast/antichrist and the false prophet. The number of references for each of these systems CONFIRMS his influence on these systems.
Economic System (18 references). 6+6+6=18. Six is the evil number of man, the beast and the false prophet. The economic system is man’s ultimate evil because he has to completely prostitute himself (spiritually) to the beast in order to participate in this system through taking the name, mark or number of the beast. 3×6=18. Three (3) denotes God’s intensity and emphasis, Six (6) denotes the evil number of man (mankind, beast, false prophet).
Communication System (15 references). 5+5+5=15. Control and manipulation of the world’s communications systems is under the influence of Satan, via the beast. Five (5) being the number of Satan and his influence in the world. 3×5=15. Three (3) denotes God’s intensity and emphasis. Satan controls the world’s communications systems so he can worshipped worldwide indirectly and eventually directly, through the beast.
Political System (12 references). 2×6=12. Two (2) denotes God’s solid confirmation of a matter. Six (6) is the evil number of man. Twelve (12) denotes God’s divinely constituted organization either in heaven or earth. Remember, even though the beast’s political system is evil, God is in control and allows this political system to exist for a limited time. The Bible is very clear about God’s desire to influence and orchestrate the development of this political system in Revelation 17:17, “For God hath put in their hearts to fulfill his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.”
Military System (15 references). 5+5+5=15. Control and manipulation of the world’s military systems are under the influence of Satan, via the beast. Five (5) being the number of Satan and his influence in the world. 3×5=15. Three (3) denotes God’s intensity and emphasis. Revelation 13, 14 and 16 indicate that an unclean spirit is spewed forth by the dragon (and beast and false prophet) to go out into the world to motivate kings and their armies to arrive at Armageddon in order to do battle on the Great Day of the Lord.
Religious System (24 references). Ultimately, it is the whore (Mystery Religion Babylon) who causes religious/spiritual fornication among everyone on earth. This is the most evil of all five (5) worldwide systems influenced by Satan. He does everything in his power to shield or hide the truth about the saving gospel of Jesus Christ. He wants to destroy all men, and send them to hell and the lake of fire. He wants to blaspheme God. He wants the world to worship only him. He wants to world think he is equal to God. All of these satanic goals are manifest in Mystery Religion Babylon. The other four world systems (economic, communication, political and military) just serve a means to an end. The end culminating in the direct (false) worship of Satan. The religious system of Babylon receives the most references by the world of God through His Holy Spirit. 2×12=24. Two (2) signifying God’s solid confirmation of a matter and twelve (12) denoting God’s divinely constituted organization either in heaven or on earth. Another way to think of twenty-four (24) is 4×6=24. Four (4) denoting God’s foursquareness of balance and symmetry, and of intelligent design multiplied by six (6) the evil number of man (mankind, beast, false prophet). Once again, God is in control and only lets this evil religious system exist only for a divinely determined time and purpose.
Five-fold Wars of Satan:
- Fights Holy Angels in Heaven. (Rev.12:7-9).
- Fights Woman’s (Israel’s) Remnant. (Rev. Rev. 12:17).
- Fights Jesus Christ at Armageddon. (4X). (Day of the Lord). (Rev. 9:16-19, 16:14, 19:19, 19:21).
- Fights and Conquers/Kills Men. (3X). (Rev. 6:2-3, 11:7, 13:7). White/Red horse apocalypse. Two witnesses. Tribulation Saints.
- Fights against saints, with nations at the end of the Millennium Kingdom. (Rev. 20:8-9). Satan is let “loosed” for a little season.
Commentary: Satan fights with (wars against) everyone he comes into contact with. Israel, Israel’s Remnant, holy angels in heaven, Jesus Christ at his return on the Day of the Lord (Armageddon) and mankind. Since Satan has already lost his battle and cause to Jesus Christ, his only recourse is to attack and war against those of whom God/Jesus Christ love and those in heaven. In his insanity, pride and one last desperate attempt, he will attempt to attack Jesus Christ again at his second coming to earth during the battle of Armageddon. The battle is over before it begins and he is thrown and chained into the bottomless pit for 1,000 years, as a result of his defiance.
Satan’s last act of defiance and rebellion occurs at the end of the Millennium period (1,000 years). Rev. 20:8-9 indicates that he is “let loosed for a short season” at the end of this period to deceive and rally the nations for one last, desperate act of rebellion against Jesus Christ and God. Even though men and the nations are living on a renewed and ‘Eden-like’ earth (perfect living conditions), they still harbor sin and resentment at not being their own masters. Satan is able to deceive them again, for an extremely short period of time, and to assemble them together to do battle. Just like at the battle of Armageddon, this final battle at the end of the Millennium is over immediately. “… Fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.” (Rev. 20:9). What is the point of God allowing Satan one last act of rebellion? In his divine plan and purpose, God is demonstrating the sinfulness of men, even when they are living in a perfect, physical environment. Even when everything around them is perfect and for their benefit on earth (for the 1,000 year period), there is still the element of sin and rebellion found in them. Satan knows this and plays to it. This scenario is orchestrated by God to remind citizens on earth, and the saints in heaven and New Jerusalem, that Jesus Christ continues to conquer sinfulness and that the result of sin is still death. Men have no reason to sin and rebel against God during the 1,000 year period, yet, Satan deceives them one last time into doing this.
Satan is like a three-year old child who throws temper tantrums because he can’t get his way. He fights everyone he comes into contact with, and who present obstacles which get in his way to rule and to be exalted above God. He hates everyone and everything that has to do with the righteousness and truthfulness of God and Jesus Christ and their kingdom. He hates that God/Jesus Christ loves mankind enough to provide us with an offer of salvation, however (to our knowledge), there is no salvation or redemption offered to Satan, or fallen angelic beings. Their fate or eternal destiny was sealed once they decided to rebel in heaven against God’s rule and to follow Satan instead. Thus, if Satan can literally kill or destroy us, while we are in an unsaved / unforgiven alive state, then he has stolen a potential saint away from God and Jesus Christ. If he can’t have his way, then he will drag everyone whom he can ultimately to the lake of fire (2nd death).
Five-Fold Months of Torment by Satanic/Demonic Locusts:
- … “And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.” (Rev. 9:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. (Rev. 9:10). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: 5 (five) months is a satanically determined period of time and is consistent with the Satanic number five (5). The fact that the time period referenced is exactly five (5) months clearly indicates that these locusts are demonic in nature and satanically empowered. There is double mention of power to hurt men for five (5) months. A doubling denotes God’s solid confirmation of a matter. Men are not demonically tormented for four or six months, but exactly five months (no more, no less).
Five-Fold Reference to Seven (7) Heads:
- … “And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.” (Rev. 12:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.” (Rev. 13:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “So he carried me away in the spirt into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth here, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.” (Rev. 17:9). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Revelation 17:9 clears up the symbolism of the seven heads. They are the seven (7) mountains where Babylon resides, sits or rests upon. These could be individual mountains, mountain ranges or mountains within a mountain range. In any case, these are mountains and not hills. Physical Babylon city rests nestled with seven (7) physical, geographic mountains. There are many verses in chapter 18 (15, 17, 19 and 21) which indicate that Babylon city is also within easy eyesight of sea(s) or ocean(s). As indicated, physical Babylon city rests within seven (7) mountains that are in very close proximity to sea routes. Later in this book, a detailed analysis is provided regarding this author’s discerning case for the great city of NEOM (in Saudi Arabia) to be the future Babylon as described in the Revelation of Jesus Christ. You will not find it on any map today!
Five-fold Satanically Empowered Counterfeits:
- … “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, seat, and great authority.” (Rev. 13:2). (Emphasis added).
- Beast Worship. … “…and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast.” (Rev. 13:14). (Emphasis added).
- Beast Image / Worship. … “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.” (Rev. 13:15). (Emphasis added).
- False Prophet. … “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” (Rev 13:12). (Emphasis added). “…he had power to do in the sight of the beast.” (Rev. 13:14). (Emphasis added). “…and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them…” (Rev. 19:20). (Emphasis added.
- False Prophet Miracles. … “And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.” (Rev. 13:14). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These four (4) verses clearly indicate that Satan provides the beast directly, with his “power, seat and authority”, and the false prophet indirectly, “with all the power of the first beast, to do miracles in the sight of the beast.” The beast and false prophet are satanically driven puppets that are only able to exercise their evil power, as a result of receiving it from Satan. Satan’s power is not omnipotent or omnipresent. Satan’s power is limited in scope and requires his presence. The false prophet can only exercise his power and deceptions when he is in sight (close proximity) of the beast.
Five-fold Doubling of Christian Persecution by Satan:
- … “Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days; be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” (Rev. 2:10). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: This verse is a direct saying by Christ to one of the seven churches (Smyrna) in Asia-Minor. He is indicating that some of the Christian members of this church would be afflicted (suffer) or be persectued by being thrown into prison for ten (10) days. Christ indicates that this suffering or affliction comes at the hands of the devil or Satan who is trying or testing them for their faithfulness to Christ. Jesus finishes his statement to the Christians in Smyrna saying that if they remain faithful to him, during these 10 (ten) days of tribulation, even if they are killed, he will give them a crown of life. Ten (10) is a doubling of Satan’s evil number of 5 (five), (5×2=10). In the context of God’s mathematics, their suffering represents their ability and faithfulness (even unto death) to withstand a double portion of Satanic evil or persecution. Even when Satan gives these Christians a double-dose of his evil, they overcome his evil and remain faithful to Jesus Christ.
Five-fold Evils of Satan:
- Blasphemes God/Jesus Christ. (Rev. 13:6)
- (7X). (Rev. 12:7-9, 12:17, 13:7, 16:14, 19:19, 19:21, 20:8-9)
- (4X). (Rev. 12:9, 20:3, 20:8, 20:10)
- Empowers his five (5) Counterfeits. (5X). (Rev. 13:2, 13:12, 13:14, 13:15, 19:20)
- Falsely Accuses. (Rev. 12:10)
Commentary: There are seven (7) verses that reference five (5) satanically driven wars against holy angels, Israel’s remnant, saints, Jesus Christ at Armageddon, and the saints at the end of the Millennium (1,000 year period). In every single instance of war, Satan loses. His batting average is .0000000. He is ‘oh for five’ (using a baseball euphemism). Satan blasphemes God, midway through the Tribulation when he indwells the beast/antichrist and commits the Abomination of Desolation in the rebuilt Jewish temple, and demands to be worshipped as God. Satan falsely accuses Christians (indicated by angels as “our brethren”) before he is thrown out of heaven by Michal and his battalions. There are four (4) verses referencing Satan’s deception of mankind. Four (4) denotes God’s foursquareness of symmetry or balance in design. It is also a double-double, or a double confirmation of a matter. Deception is the single most evil of Satan which is perpetrated on man. Although there are more references to satanic wars, several of these wars are waged directly against angels or Jesus Christ. The actual wars referenced against men or mankind, are fewer in number than the number of deceptions committed against men or mankind directly.
Lastly, Satan’s five (5) counterfeits are; the beast, beast worship, beast image worship, false prophet, false prophet miracles. These five (5) counterfeits are all satanically empowered and created by Satan, to deceive men away from the gospel of Jesus Christ and to keep them from ever knowing of the salvation that is provided to them through the shedding of Christ’s blood and his resurrection. Satan, historically and in the future, attempts to deceive men through counterfeit actions that mock what God achieved through his plan of redemption through his only begotten son, Jesus Christ. Satan mocks Jesus Christ via his beast/antichrist. Satan mocks the worship of Jesus Christ via beast and image worship. Satan mocks Christianity through the Mystery Religion Babylon (worship of anything). Satan mocks God when he causes the Abomination of Desolation (demands to be worshipped as God), in the rebuilt Jewish temple. Satan mocks the miracles of Christ through the false prophet’s false or otherwise showy miracles (causes fire to come down). Everything that God does or did through Jesus Christ, is severely mocked or counterfeited by Satan in one form or another. God provides us with a positive in Jesus Christ. Satan provides evil men with a false-positive via the beast/antichrist, whom is still a ‘negative.’ Interestingly, the Holy Spirit used five (5) references spread throughout Revelation, to reveal or describe the five (5) evil counterfeits of Satan’s plan on earth during the Tribulation. All combined verse references add up to eighteen (18), which is the evil number of man (6) x three (3 – emphasis and intensity).
Five-fold Reference to Men Worshipping the Beast:
- … “And they worshipped the dragon, which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him.” (Rev. 13:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.“ (Rev. 13:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” (Rev. 13:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:11). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: One verse or reference is an angelic warning NOT to worship the beast, his image, or to take his mark. The other four (4) verses indicate that this is exactly what men choose to do, they choose to worship the beast, his image and take his mark. Four(square) denotes balance in symmetry, form or function and a doubling of meaning or value. Descriptions of worshipping the beast:
- Men worship the beast because they are in awe of him, they are deceived by his physical size and attributes. They declare that no one is like him and he is so strong that no one is able to make war (fight) with him. He is unique (satanically) and no one else on earth is like him.
- Everyone on earth (those that dwell upon the earth) will worship him. These are evil men whose names are not found or written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- The beast’s deadly wound is miraculously healed (false resurrection from the dead), as such, the false prophet uses this satanically contrived event to further mislead people into worshipping the beast because of his false resurrection.
- The five references end (Rev. 14:11) indicating these evil men who worshipped the beast are tormented for eternity in the lake of fire and brimestone (2nd death). They will have no rest, day or night from their torment, forever.
Five-fold Reference to Men Worshipping the Beast’s Image:
- … “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.” (Rev. 13:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added.)
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:11). (Emphasis added.)
- … “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” (Rev. 16:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimestone.” (Rev. 19:20). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Very, very, very interesting. The false prophet tells men to build an image of the beast AFTER there is apparantly an unsuccessful attempt to kill the beast by an unknown party(ies). The beast is satanically healed and lives again. This is a fake ressurection of the antichrist which mimics the real resurrection of Jesus Christ. Remember, Satan ALWAYS tries to discount, discredit, falsify and otherwise lie about anything and everything God or Jesus accomplished. Anything that is done or represents holiness, righteousness or is of a redemptive nature, Satan mocks and counterfeits it with something of his own making. Trying to pass it off as an original in order to deceive evil and weak-minded men. Satan is the proverbial shady man, standing on the street corner, who opens his coat and tries to entice you to buy a fake Rolex or Gucci watch. Tribulation man swallows the lie, hook-line-sinker. Satan laughs because he is depositing your soul in his bank account in hell.
An image is a created likeness or fake represenation of something that is meant to represent the original. We normally think of images as photographs, paintings, drawings, etc. An image can also be a statue, made out of wood, marble, iron, concrete, stone, resin or any other natural resource. An image can represent a person of historical importance, be a piece of artwork, or an artistic abstraction of one sort or another. Complex images, require the combined work of multiple artisans or craftsmen. In the context of the above verses referenced from the Bible, it is obvious that a successful attempt will be made at creating a man made image of a person.
We don’t know what materials or resources will be used, or how big the images will be. With today’s 3D manufacturing, reproducing technology, the image could be made with a striking resemblance or exactness to the original person. Additionally, robotics, voice algorithms, animatronics and articial intelligence could all play a role in creating something montrous enough that people willingly worship something obviously man made. We know it is man made because Rev. 13:14 specifically says that the false prophet tells “them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast”.
It is not at all unlike what existed in the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus. Roman emperors had all kinds of statues, replicas and images built of themselves and placed around their kingdoms so people could exercise “official” Caesar worship. Want to worship Caesar, but can’t afford the trip to Rome? No problem, go to the main intersection your town where his statue exists and conduct your fornication there. In addition to statues of Caesar, many other statues of idols, false gods and deities also existed at this time throughout the Roman Empire. The Romans were not the only ones to blame. Greek history is also filled with all kinds of statues representing false gods and mythological personas. Mankind is not be any diffrerent in the future. The following is an excerpt from a recent article I wrote regarding an eschatalogical recap of 2017 which included an update on the increasing effort to recreate past idols and false gods around the world using modern, 3D manufacturing technology. Manufacturing engineers and technologists will know exactly what I am talking about.
Revival of Paganism (False Gods); Major pagan god of Bible honored by world government was unveiled in London. It was displayed in New York, just steps away from Ground Zero.And now, the harbinger of the pagan god Baal has been used to welcome participants to a summit dedicated to world government. The World Government Summit recently held a meeting in Dubai, bringing together some of the most important leaders in government and business to discuss international problems. This year (2017), it featured a reconstruction of the Arch of Palmyra, the Roman triumphal arch that once welcomed travelers to the ancient Temple of Baal in the Syrian outpost of the empire. Baal worship featured rites of child sacrifice and sexual immorality. The same group that recreated the Roman triumphal arch that once welcomed travelers to the Temple of Baal is now honoring another pagan deity.
The United Arab Emirates, the Italian mission to the United Nations and the Institute for Digital Archeology have re-created a statue of the goddess Athena which once stood in Palmyra, according to Breaking Israel News. The exhibit, titled “The Spirit in the Stone,” is being hosted at the United Nations headquarters in New York City. It’s another move by globalist organizations to honor pagan deities, months after the reconstructed ‘Arch of Baal’ went on a world tour, including being placed outside the G7 meeting of the world’s industrialized nations. Joseph Farah, author of “The Restitution of All Things: Israel, Christians and the End of the Age.” States, “In fact, the gods of paganism are actually demons, according to the Bible. It’s not something to be played with. “The question confronting us right now is: Why would the United Nations be involved in resurrecting these occult images and icons of the past? Do they not understand what this represents – the false gods of child sacrifice and all kinds of abominations and perversions?” Rabbi Elad Dokow, the head rabbi and lecturer at Israel’s Technion Institute of Technology, was not surprised that the United Nations would feature a display of pagan symbols. “There is currently an unmistakable rise of paganism and idol worship in the world, more than any other religion, and it is naive to believe this display is disconnected from this phenomenon,” Rabbi Dokow told Breaking Israel News.
“Paganism creates the ability for each man to create his own truth, as opposed to Judaism and Christianity, which state that there is an objective truth man must abide by. The UN, like paganism, is a place of subjective reality created by a vote.” “What we are seeing in the world today is that every place Christianity grows weak, paganism and idolatry grow stronger, and where Christianity disappears, horrible things happen.” Joe Kovacs, author of “Shocked by The Bible 2,” says the whole sad spectacle is part of an old story. “The promotion of pagan gods is certainly nothing new, and it again shows we’re all living in what I call ‘Opposite World,’” he explained. “It’s a world where most people do the very opposite action of what God has instructed. Our Creator tells us to have no other gods but Him, but folks do the opposite, honoring false gods. At CERN, the European Center for Research in Particle Physics in Geneva — a 2m tall statue of the Indian deity Shiva Nataraja, the Lord of Dance. The statue, symbolizing Shiva’s cosmic dance of creation and destruction, was given to CERN by the Indian government. In choosing the image of Shiva Nataraja, the Indian government acknowledged the profound significance of the metaphor of Shiva’s dance for the cosmic dance of subatomic particles, which is observed and analyzed by CERN’s physicists.
Paganism at the Washington Mall; The Catharsis on the Mall, titled a Vigil for Healing, was held as a politically motivated incarnation of the desert Burning Man Festival from which it evolved. The event featured a 70-foot long seven headed red metal dragon on wheels. The dragon, named for the ancient Egyptian god Abraxas, was clearly intended to reference Satan as described in the Christian Book of Revelation. The dragon, like many elements of the event, was previously used at Burning Man, a yearly festival held in the Nevada desert that attracts tens of thousands from around the world. Other pagan elements of the event included a 30-foot tall ‘non-denominational’ wooden temple that was built and then burned to the ground. At the focal point, directly facing the Washington Monument, was a paper-mache sculpture of “Lord Shiva Natarja”, a Hindu god described as “the cosmic ecstatic dancer”. Though these could all be regarded as cultural or artistic elements, the religious connotations were intentional. “There’s a deeply spiritual side to what we’re trying to do,” said Adam Eidinger, a local activist and organizer of the Catharsis events. “Having sacred fire on the mall is a very religious thing. At the basis of idol worship is man’s desire to replace god, to be free of the constraints of morality imposed on him by God. It is a desire to be God. Controversy surrounded Catharsis on the Mall even in the planning stages. Organizers were issued a permit to erect a 45-foot tall, 16,000 pound, steel sculpture of a naked woman titled “R-evolution” in front of the Washington Monument, deliberately facing the White House. The organizers initially intended for the massive piece to stand for four months but the permit was later revoked by the National Parks Service on the grounds that the crane required to erect the statue might damage the grass and concrete in the Mall.
Burning Man Festival (Nevada); is held for one week every year in late August. The Nevada festival attracted around 70,000 people this year, self-dubbed ‘Burners’, from around the world. The festival has a strongly spiritual basis with many alternative forms of worship being represented in micro-temples and altars. The week-long festival culminates in the eponymous ceremony in which a large wooden effigy of a man is burned. This ceremony, referred to among Druids as the ‘wicker man’, is almost universal amongst pagan cults and evolved as a replacement for human sacrifice. But the festival isn’t free. Tickets in 2017 started at $425 per person. UNESCO funded yet a third project that replicated the Lion of al-Lat which is an ancient statue that stands almost 11 feet tall and weighing 15 tons. Early pagans believed the lion was the consort of the goddess al-Lat. It is believed al-Lat was the continuation of the earlier Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar Inanna; the goddess of sex and, in particular, extra marital relations.
Modern, 3D manufacturing technology is here, today… and clearly capable of very accurately creating whatever image man wants to make of the beast or antichrist (or of anything else). Very, very, very sad. But, unfortunately true. God clearly instructs mankind to have no other gods, than him. However, He will be ignored on a worldwide, global scale during the week of Jacob’s Trouble. Presumably, images/statues of the beast will pop up in cities and common areas in countries around the world. It just might be something as simple as a detailed, programmed, (Hollywood CGI character) 4K image of the antichrist on a HDR, High-Definition Television in homes, malls, businesses, transportation hubs or any other common meeting ground. Hollywood special effects artists can easily create any image to appear to be alive and speaking. The effect could be so realistic, that people would not be able to tell the fake T.V. image from the real beast/antichrist. Voiceovers, digitized lip synching, voice/sound manipulation by audio engineers using sophisticated software can all play an easy role in creating a very believable deception. Facial expressions can be digitized and stored for later use in a digitized person image. Consider an old advertising slogan from many years ago, “Is it live or is it Memorex?” Those of you who are old enough to remember, this was a slogan for cassette recording tape for expensive audio cassette tape players back in the day. The ad insinuated that that a recording of an original song, was a good as the original live song itself. You could not tell the reproduction from the original.
That was back in the 1970”s. It is now 50 years later, and technology is quantum light years ahead of what existed a half a century ago. Most of the people living in the Tribulation will not have spiritual discernment or the technological sophistication to know that they are being duped or lied to by the father of lies and deception. Satan will have more technology tools at his disposal, to use in the deception of mankind, than he has had for the past 6,000 years combined. People will easily agree to do whatever is needed or necessary in order to create something (anything), to make a buck and pay their rent by using the beast’s mark. Same survival dilemma in the future as it is now, and was in the past. The stakes will be infinitely and eternally higher than anyone can or will imagine.
Five-fold Sins Resulting in Men’s Eternal Damnation:
- Worship the beast. (6X). (Rev. 13:4, 13:8, 13:12, 14:9, 14:11)
- Worship the beast’s image. (6X). (Rev. 13:14, 13:15, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20)
- Take the beast’s mark. (6X). (Rev. 13:16, 13:17, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20)
- Take the beast’s number. (2X). (Rev. 13:17, 13:18)
- Take the beast’s name. (2X). (Rev. 13:17, 14:11)
Commentary: There are a total of eighteen (18) verses that indicate the eternal sins of damnation that result from worshipping the beast, worshipping his image and taking his mark of identification. Three (3) denotes God’s emphasis and intensity x six (6) denotes the evil number of man = 18, or 6+6+6 = 18, or 666 … “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six Hundred and threescore and six (666).” (Rev. 13:18). (Emphasis added). Worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark are the eternal sins that men commit during the Tribulation.
There are a total of ten (10) combined references of evil men taking the beast’s mark, number or name. These three descriptions are synonymous with being identified with (or belonging) to the beast and his system. Ten (10) denotes God’s allness or physical completeness regarding things on earth. These ten references indicate man’s complete earthly evilness and damnation resulting from taking either the mark, number of name of the beast and his kingdom. These men are so deceived and evil, that they not only allow themselves to worship the beast and his fake image, but they allow themselves to be physically ‘branded’ or marked in order to be identified with the beast. Evil men obtain this mark, number or name so they can also participate in the global economy in terms of buying and selling. They have to be identified as having this mark, number or name, physically evident on either their right hand or forehead, in order to be allowed to execute a purchasing or selling transaction. Once evil men worship the beast, his image and take his mark (or number, name), they are damned.
There are three verses regarding a very specific, powerful and clear angelic warning given to men on earth, to NOT worship the beast, or his image, or take his mark (name, number). Three (3) denotes God’s emphasis and intensity.
… “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:9, 14:10, 14:11) (Emphasis added). Twice (2) the message is directed at men. The angel repeats himself indicating that the message is for men and what behavior is judged eternally sinful (for ever and ever). Men who worship the beast, his image and take his mark will;
- Experience God’s wrath.
- God’s wrath will not be diluted, or held back, but given in full strength.
- They will be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone for torment.
- There torment will be forever and ever (eternity).
- Their torment will be witnessed by holy angels.
- Their torment will take place in the presence of the Lamb.
- They will have no rest day or night, forever and ever (eternity).
There are seven (7) specific results that stem from men worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark (name or number). Seven (7) denotes God’s divinely determined completeness as to his purpose or plan. Eternal punishment in the lake of fire and brimstone, day and night is the strongest wrath that God gives evil men (and Satan, beast/antichrist and false prophet). There is a specific mention that this torment takes place in the presence of the Lamb. These men, while in their torment, will see or consciously be aware of the existence of Jesus Christ. This will provide added pain, anguish and misery since they will be painfully made aware of the choice of their decisions (to worship the beast, his image and take his mark). They were warned not to do what they did.
The Bible gives plenty of examples of the glory that is given to those who did NOT take worship the beast, his image or take his mark. Yet, despite the angelic warning … despite the 3 ½ year testimony of two witness and prophets … despite the witnessing of Tribulation Saints … despite the flying angel who proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ … evil men still chose to worship the beast, his image and to take his mark, name or number. They chose to ignore the messages, the warnings, and the testimonies. And now, they are in the lake of fire and brimstone, and will have to pay the price for their evil decision(s), for eternity. They see Jesus Christ, and have become painfully aware of what they could have had through Jesus Christ and instead, they chose the false, empty promises of Satan by worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark, name or number. Their extreme bitterness and woeful regret will emotionally torment them for eternity, in addition to the physical pain, suffering and torment that they will experience in the lake of fire for eternity. Through their decision to follow Satan, God gave them exactly what they wanted. They did not want anything to do with Jesus Christ, who paid for their sins with his own blood. As such, God gave them over to Satan, since it was their free decision or choice, and what they desired while they were physically alive on earth. These evil men did everything humanly possible to ignore warnings, to blaspheme god, to ignore the gospel of Jesus Christ, and instead they accepted and believed in lies, worshipped Satan, the beast and his image. Evil men even went so far as to physically defile their bodies (flesh) by taking the branding (mark, number or name) of the beast. All of these actions and behaviors enabled evil men to give themselves totally and wholeheartedly over to Satan through his system of the beast/antichrist and the false prophet.
There are two visions describing what John the Apostle saw, regarding men who were overcomers (them that had gotten victory) by NOT worshipping the beast, his image or taking his mark, number or name.
… “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgements are made manifest.” (Rev. 15:2, 15:3, 15:4). (Emphasis added).
… “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:4). (Emphasis added).
Men who do NOT worship the beast, his image and take his mark are described as;
- They are in heaven (stand on a sea of glass).
- They have harps of God.
- They sing praises and worship Jesus Christ for their salvation.
- They acknowledge that God’s judgements came to pass.
- They are given thrones upon which they sit upon.
- They are given judgement.
- They live and reign with Christ for a thousand years.
There are seven (7) specific results that stem from men NOT worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark (name or number). Seven (7) denotes God’s divinely determined completeness as to his purpose or plan. These blessings or glories are the complete opposite of what awaits those men who DID worship the beast, his image and took his mark, name, number.
- The righteous are in heaven for eternity versus evil men who are in the lake of fire and brimstone for eternity.
- The righteous are joyful and play harps versus evil men who are bitter, resentful, angry, tormented, cry and wail in anguish.
- The righteous sing the praise of and worship Jesus Christ versus evil men who once praised and worshipped Satan (through the beast, his image and in taking his mark).
- Righteous men acknowledge that what God said would come to pass, in fact did come to pass (made manifest) versus evil men who ignored and rejected warnings, the gospel and testimonies of the truth.
- The righteous are given thrones in heaven versus evil men who are drowning in torment in the lake of fire.
- The righteous are given judgement versus evil men who are judged.
- The righteous live and reign with Christ verses evil men who die and fall with Satan.
The avoidance of doing these five (5) eternal sins is one of the most important themes, in the entire book of Revelation. Men must avoid doing these things, literally at all costs. Even to the point of being beheaded or martyred. Men’s eternal destinies depend on it. Worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark, name or number result in eternal damnation. There is no way of sugar coating or downplaying this reality.
50,000,000 Fallen / Evil Angels under Satan’s Authority:
- … “And his tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour he child as soon as it was born.” (Rev. 12:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.” (Rev. 12:7-9). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Five (5) x 10 (ten) = (evil number of Satan) X (allness or physical completeness on earth). = 5 x 10m = 50,000,000. The double emphasis in the two verses solidly confirms the fact that Satan is kicked out of heaven along with his evil angelic cohorts. Interestingly, all these evil angels are no longer given access to the heavens, along with Satan. Instead of being allowed to reside in heaven, they are ‘kicked to the curb,’ otherwise known as the earth and have to reside here, until their lake of fire judgement.
Rev. 12:7 indicates that “Michael and his holy angels” fought “Satan and his evil angels“. Satan did not prevail because Michaels forces far surpassed those of Satan’s, by a 2:1 ratio.
Here’s the math on the number of angels (Rev. 5:10); ten thousand (10,000) times (x) ten thousand (10,000) = one hundred million (100,000,000) plus (+) thousands (1,000) times thousands (1,000). 1,000 x 1,000 = 1 million (1,000,000). Thus, we arrive at 101,000,000 (100,000,000 + 1,000,000). The description of this number by John, indicates that he “beheld and heard” this number. Rev. 7:11 indicates that this number is “all of the angels”, not some … not a few … not a group of special angels or some subset of the angelic realm, but … ALL angels. I interpret this litrally means 101,000,000 million angels surrounding the throne. The throne room of God is big enough to accommodate this many angels, creatures and the immeasurable multitudes of redeemed souls. The scene John describes is the largest spiritual gathering of God’s creation in history, either side of heaven.
An interesting side note of mathematics, for contemplation or consideration. Rev. 12:4 indicates that a third (1/3 or 33% or .33) of the angels of heaven rebelled against God and were thrown out of heaven, along with the ringleader or instigator of their coup … Satan. If we know 101,000,000 ‘good or holy’ angels are still in heaven worshipping God, then they must (mathematically speaking) be roughly equivalent to two thirds (2/3 or 66% or .66) of the total number of angels created by God. So, what is the original number of angels created by God, before the Satanic/Angelic rebellion? Answer: 151,000,000.
151,000,000 x .6666666 (decimal equivalent to the number of holy angels) = 100,666,656 or 101,000,000 holy angels (rounded).
151,000,000 x .3333333 (decimal equivalent to the number of fallen angels) = 49,999,995 or 50,000,000 rebellious angels (rounded).
For the mathematically inclined, please notice that I calculated these total numbers using seven digit spaces to the right of the decimal point. We know that, mathematically speaking, the number seven (7) indicates divinely determined completeness as to God’s purpose or plan. Using a multiplier seven digits to the right of the decimal point, gets as close as we can to being able to understand the completeness of God’s decision to create the number of ‘good, holy’ angels stated in Rev. 5:11. All of my calculations are based upon my very literal interpretation of the number of angels indicated in Rev. 5:11.
For mathematical nit-pickers, numbers these large are usually rounded the nearest million. Even if the original number of total angels was much greater or significantly higher… say 100 billion, or 100 trillion, the percentages (%) of holy and fallen angels stay the same. In any case, the number of ‘good guys’ outnumber the ‘bad guys’ by an easily to understand ratio of 2:1! Two good, holy angels for every one bad, rebellious angel. Why would God only create 151 million angels, or more? Everything in creation is finite in nature (no matter how it is measured). This is true, no matter how big the number of something seems to be to us. Our view of size or greatness of number, is a matter of perspective. We are finite creatures and have a finite perspective. The only thing infinite is God. God does not create anything greater than himself, thus, everything has to be limited or finite in which he creates. This is true considering the number of created angels. I believe the number of created angels to be a fixed number, as we are given no indication that angels procreate in heaven. While mankind is based on earth and has mortal bodies, we have to procreate to replace each generation of man that dies off. Not so with angelic beings. Once we receive our glorified bodies at the rapture/harpazo and see Jesus as he is, our bodies will have become eternal and will never die or breakdown, hence, there will be no need for us to procreate in heaven. Both holy and fallen angels were created with an eternal existence.
Five-fold Evils Born of the Spirit of Iniquity:
- P … “I will ascend into heaven.” (position)
- R … “I will rule at my throne above the stars of God.” (rule)
- I … “I will be idolized or worshiped.” (idolized)
- D … “I will be dazzling.” (dazzling)
- E … “I will be equal to God.” (equal)
… “How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most high. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.” (Isaiah 14:12-15).
Stairway to Hell:
|Isaiah 14:13-14 reveals the five (5) “I wills” of Satan|
|“I WILL EXALT MY THRONE ABOVE THE STARS OF GOD.” Lucifer’s position and service before God’s throne was not enough. He wanted a throne from which he could exercise final authority and make decisions pertaining to the angelic host. He wanted to rule over all the angels. God had made him an exalted angel, but Lucifer wanted to be exalted even more. (RULE)|
|“I WILL ASCEND INTO HEAVEN.” Lucifer wanted to scale to the heavens. He desired to occupy the highest heavens: There are three heavens, Lucifer wanted to occupy the third heaven, God’s throne. (POSITION)|
|“I WILL SIT ALSO UPON THE MOUNT OF THE CONGREGATION.” He desired to sit or be enthroned in the highest place having all the angelic assemblies in submission to him. He wanted to be the center of attention. (IDOLIZED)|
|“I WILL ASCEND ABOVE THE HEIGHTS OF THE CLOUDS.” Lucifer coveted God’s glory for his own. He failed to acknowledge that his glory and beauty all came from and was dependent upon God. In his sinful pride, Lucifer wanted a glory that would impress all creatures. (DAZZLING)|
|“I WILL BE LIKE THE MOST HIGH.” He wanted to be like God and to take God’s place as Possessor and Ruler of all. He wanted to become a completely independent creature, responsible to no one. (EQUAL).|
Satan’s Downward Stairway to Hell
Commentary: Satan’s five (5) “I WILLS,” have his evil fingerprints over everything evil in the book of Revelation. His desire to counterfeit everything that God accomplished through his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, is manifested in the Babylonian system (compared to heaven), Babylonian City (compared to New, Heavenly Jerusalem), Babylonian False Mystery Relgion (compared to the true worship of God/Jesus Christ), beast/antichrist (compared to Jesus Christ), false prophet (compared to John the Baptist), lake of fire death (compared to eternal life through Jesus Christ). Satan is the consumate ‘puppet master’, pulling the strings of the beast/antichrist and the false prophet to deceive mankind with his false, evil promises compared to the truth of salvation provided and offered by Jesus Christ.
Categories: Revelation of Jesus Christ