Paul Rolland, Night Watchman, Night Watchman Ministries
Ten ‘10’ Denotes God’s divine ‘COMPLETENESS’ as to things on EARTH. In Revelation 10, he is opening up the ancient scrolls and ‘little book’ of prophecy that Daniel was told to ‘SEAL UP’ and not write of what was spoken. He was prophetically being told additional things that would transpire or occur ‘in the end of days’ and during the 7 year ‘tribulation.
Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the ‘time of the end’: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
Daniel 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the ‘time of the end’.
‘Time of the End’:
Revelation ‘10’ And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2 And he had in his hand a ‘little book open’: (NWN; Daniels ‘little book’ is now being opened by God’s Great Angel of Prophecy) and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3 And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven ‘7’ thunders uttered their voices.
(NWN; I ‘discern’ that these are seven ‘7’ other great prophecy angels who are ‘confirming’ that NOW IS THE TIME to OPEN DANIEL’S ‘END TIME’ Book of Future Prophecy.’)
4 And when the seven ‘7’ thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven ‘7’ thunders uttered, and write them not.
5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
(NWN; The Great Prophecy Angel is proclaiming the ‘LAST DAYS or END TIMES’ have come, in no uncertain terms, and that NOW IS THE TIME to reveal prophecy related TO the Last Days or End Times and Tribulation.)
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh ‘7’ angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
(NWN; Seven ‘7’ denotes God’s divine completion to his plan or purpose for this ‘7th’ prophecy angel to commence and complete prophecy related to the Last Days and End Times. Think of the Great Prophecy Angel as a ‘General’ and the ‘7th’ prophecy angel as a Major or Colonel or someone of rank who has been given authority to physically ‘begin something or start something.’)
8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open (NWN; notice that the ‘little book’ is OPEN) in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
(NWN; the prophecy angel(s) are HANDING the little book to physically alive men on the earth. In essence, they are handing or ‘transferring’ the ‘little book of prophecy’ to physical men ALIVE on the EARTH during the ‘End Times’ or ‘Last Days.’ God conveys prophecy to Angels who in turn are ‘messengers’ of God’s prophecy to mortal men alive. Angels, throughout the past 6,000 years have been ‘messengers’ for God to mankind.)
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
(NWN; this is a ‘discernment’ on my part. ‘Take it and eat it’ is a spiritual ‘consumption’ of understanding the End Times and God’s related prophecies to go along with ‘signs of the times.’ It takes ‘7’ knowledge, wisdom, obedience, humility, persistence, prayer and the Holy Spirit’ to work prophecy in man’kind. This is a great and wonderful thing, just like a ‘7’ course meal. However, once the prophecies are apparent ‘consumed and understood’ they will be prone to make one sick to the stomach because of what they foretell. Just like eating a ’7’ course meal will likely make you feel like you could explode. God’s UNFILTERD WRATH poured on evil man’kind who refuse Him, and refuse His Son Jesus Christ and His eternal offer of salvation. Seeing prophecy happen and unfold is a wonderful and miraculous thing. Understanding the implications of seeing prophecy unfold, leaves one’s stomach bitter and sour because of the ‘gastrointestinal storm’ that is coming. Pass-the-antacid-pills, please.)
10 And I took the little book out of the angel’s hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
(NWN; the prophecy angel was prophesying what would happen to anyone who attempted to reveal what was in the ‘little book.’ This verse ‘confirms’ that what was prophesied, did in fact occur and was experienced by those given the task of being Watchmen. This also ‘suggests’ that some men are ‘willingly’ allowing themselves to be Watchmen because they consciously love prophecy (God’s Word) and are completely open and receptive to it.)
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
(NWN; since this is verse ‘11’ it suggests a WARNING(S). The purpose of prophecy is to inform, proclaim and WARN. It suggests that the Watchmen who proclaim the Word of God, will have their ‘7’ words, letters, videos, blogs, sermons, articles and books proclaim God’s WILL to those during the End Times / Last Days and Tribulation period. God has ALWAYS used Holy Angels and physical men (Moses, Elijah, Daniel, Enoch, and others) to speak on behalf of God. He will do this also through the Tribulation via; 1. Prophecy revealed to mankind via his ‘little book’ to Watchmen, 2. The ‘two witnesses’, ‘lampstands’ or candles who proclaims God’s light to the world for the first 3.5 years of the tribulation, 3. The various Angel warnings given to men to NOT TAKE THE MARK of the BEAST and lastly, 4. The 144,000 Jewish Evangelists who have the ‘seal of God’ in their foreheads (and NOT the mark of the Beast) who proclaim Jesus Christ’s offer of Salvation ONE LAST TIME, before the 7 year tribulation ends.)
Acts 2:17-21 And it shall come to pass ‘in the last days’, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
Joel 2:28-29 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: 29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids ‘in those days’
What Does Jesus Say About ‘Those Who Were Beheaded For Their Witness Of HIM’? What Does He Promise Those Who Are ‘Overcomers?’ Those ‘Left-Behind’, But Become Christians During The Tribulation.
Revelation 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth (5) seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
Commentary; This verse specifically identifies the ‘Tribulation Saints.’ These are the people who became Christians during the tribulation and DID NOT worship the beast, or his image, or take his ‘mark, number or name.’ As a result of defying the Beast / Antichrist’s authority and NOT worshiping him, they are beheaded. They lose their necks, but gain eternity with Christ. Saudi Arabia is the ONLY country in the world that uses beheading for corporal punishment and is used against people for proselytizing against Islam. Islam, ‘those who worship the dragon and the beast.’
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
“Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come” (Matt. 24:9-14). SIX ‘6’ verses.
Seven (7) verses of the evil Beast / Antichrist (6) who martyrs the Christian Saints, during the coming seven (7) year Tribulation and Great Tribulation:
Matthew 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
Daniel 7:21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
Revelation 13:7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation 16:6 For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy.
Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
Three-fold Reference to Harps:
- … “And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the lamb, having everyone of them harps, and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of saints.” (Rev. 5:8). (Emphasis added).
- … ”And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:” (Rev. 14:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on a sea of glass, having the harps of God.” (Rev. 15:2). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: The harp has been historically associated with anything resembling or being described as heavenly music. It is a very unique stringed instrument. Whether or not the reference is to actual harps, or some type of metaphor for all types of heavenly instruments, it doesn’t matter. These harps, or instruments, are played only in heaven. They require someone to play them, they don’t play themselves. They play a role in worship. It is inferred that they please God, along with the prayers of saints that are offered to God along with the music created by the harpers with their harps. Interestingly, as a side note, the Bible speaks of harps, trumpets, horns as devices which product sounds, for various purposes. Harps are not used by the opening band, at a concert, but are reserved for the main act. The four beasts have harps, and presumably have the ability to play them. The heavenly organization of twenty-four elders, each of them has a harp. The Tribulation Saints are given harps. The diversity of who has harps, indicates the importance that harps play in the worship of God and of his pleasure. The music of harps is so important to God that it is on par with the prayers he receives from the saints.
Three-fold Reference to the Prayers of Saints: (These ‘Saints’ are the Tribulation Saints, Who Pray To God Because Of Their Oppression By The Beast).
- … ”And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the lamb, having everyone of them harps, and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of saints.” (Rev. 5:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.” (Rev. 8:3). (Emphasis added).
- . … “And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.” (Rev. 8:4). (Emphasis added).
Commentary:The prayers of saints is something extremely important and pleasing to God. It is evidence of their faith and belief in him. It is evidence of their reliance upon him and acknowledgement of who he is. Just as a parent whose young child comes to them asking for help, or to read them a bed-time story, or for a glass of water, the parent is happy that the child is reaching out to them. God is no different from the parent. He desires a relationship with his grandchildren. Just as a parent is excited when they receive a letter (an email? a text?) from their college student, or the joy experienced by a grandparent who receives a crayon drawn card from a grandchild. God is delighted to hear the prayers, concerns, requests, love, and worship from his saints. The importance of these prayers is so great, that they are not entreated to just any entity to handle, but come with top priority / premium class postage delivery. The four beasts in front of God’s throne offer these special delivery prayer packages to God directly. They don’t drop the prayers off at the curb, or in a mailbox, or throw them on the lawn or in the bushes. The packages are not delivered late, or lost. Every prayer is collected immediately, and delivered upon receipt. These prayers are not stuck in God’s doorway or slip and fall down in between the throne and the altar. The four beasts and twenty-four elders personally, hand deliver the prayers of saints in special packaging (vials) to God directly. The saint’s prayers are spiritually expedited from earth to God’s throne immediately. God is standing at his throne or standing by the front door waiting to hear from us, and want’s our prayers to be hand delivered to him. God even has angels in the act of delivering saint’s prayers to him. Do we send “letters” to God, daily, weekly, once-in-awhile, or only when we desperately need something? How about just to thank him?
Three-fold References to White:
- White Raiment. (Rev. 4:4). Twenty-four (24) Elders.
- White Robes. (4X). (Rev. 6:11, 7:9, 7:13 and 7:14). Tribulation Saints.
- White Linen. (3X). (Rev. 15:6, 19:8 and 19:14). Church Saints and Angels.
Commentary: White raiment is used to describe what the twenty-four 24 elders are wearing in God’s throne room. White robes are used to describe what the Tribulation Saints are given. White linen is used to describe the clothing of Church Saints and Angels. White is symbolic for righteousness. White Robes is referenced four (4) times, White Linen is reference three (3) times. Within these three verses are three references to white and three references to a form of clothing. This another double of a double (3+3) of three (3). The group of four (4) entities identified; 24 elders, Tribulation Saints, Church Saints and Angels all have the righteousness of Christ and participate in his government in heaven and on earth.
Three-fold Reference to Fellow-Servant:
- … “And white robes were giveb unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” (Rev. 6:11). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (Rev. 19:10). (Emphais added).
- … “Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.” (Rev. 22:9). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Double (2) reference to angels being fellowservants. Double (2) reference that it is wrong to worship angels. Fellowservants are both redeemed souls from the Church Age and Tribulation Age, and also angels. Angels refuse to accept misplaced worship, and sternly command that worship is to/for God. Double (2) reference to brethren, commonly thought of as brothers, but also means a grouping of redeemed souls by Jesus Christ. Both definitions apply. Double (2) signifies God’s solid confirmation of a matter, or an added measure of equal weight or importance. These declaring angels are part of the brethren of angels who are fellowservants to God. The Tribulation Saints are also part of the brethren of redeemed souls who are fellowservants of God. Testimony of Jesus is referenced twice (2). There is a double (2) reference to prophecy/saying of this book. The word of Jesus is prophecy, the book of Revelation is Jesus’ word, therefore, the book of Revelation is prophecy (A+B=C). There are seven doubles in these three verses (angels as fellowservants, wrong to worship angels, two groups of brethren, prophecy/sayings of this book, testimony of Jesus, worship God, two groups of redeemed men). All angels and all redeemed men, ultimately serve God in some capacity or another.
Four-fold Reference to the Altar of God:
- … ”And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:” (Rev. 6:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the sixth angel sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before God,” (Rev. 9:13). (Emphasis added).
- … “And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.” (Rev. 11:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgements.” (Rev. 16:7). (Emphasis added).
Four-fold Reference to the Temple of Heaven:
- … “And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.” (Rev. 11:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “And another angel came out of the temple, which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.” (Rev. 14:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened.” (Rev. 15:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.” (Rev. 16:17). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Definition of altar. A usually raised structure or place on which sacrifices are offered or incense is burned in worship —often used figuratively to describe a thing given great or undue precedence or value especially at the cost of something else.
Commentary: Definition of temple. A building devoted to the worship, or regarded as the dwelling place of God.
Both the temple and altar are in heaven. Both are referenced in context to God’s sovereignty. The altar is in the temple. The souls of the Tribulation Saints being under the altar, “them that were slain for the word of God,” directly confirms the purpose of an altar. The souls of the martyred saints are so valuable to God that he has them at the altar, because of their testimony of Christ while they were alive on earth during the Tribulation. The altar of God is analogous to a safe or strong box. Things of great value are put in a safe. In the context of the altar, souls of the martyred Tribulation Saints are valuable to God and safely reside under the altar. God values the worship of his creation, which takes place at the altar in the heavenly temple. The temple and the altar within it, are two more manifested examples of where God communicates with those in the heavens. He does so likewise from his throne. Angels have access to the temple, the altar and the throne of God and as a result, the play a role in administering God’s decrees and announcements. A very interesting transition takes place in Revelation chapter 21 when John the Apostle describes the New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven. In verse 21:22 he specifically states, “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.” (Emphasis added). This reflects one manifestation of God’s declaration that he “makes all things new.” (Rev. 21:5). God has done away with the previous temple and altar of heaven, and replaced it with his Son’s (Jesus Christ) and God’s glory in the New Jerusalem. Rev. 21:22-23, “for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light therof.” (Emphasis added).
Four-fold Reference to Robes:
- … “And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” (Rev. 6:11). (Emphasis added).
- … “After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;” (Rev. 7:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? And whence came they.” (Rev. 7:13). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Rev. 7:14). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: White robes are a sign or symbol of righteousness. The people (Tribulation Saints) wearing them are clearly those redeemed by Jesus Christ (made white by the blood of the Lamb), during the Great Tribulation. The fourfold reference of white robes, strongly suggests that this group of saints (Tribulation Saints) are easily identified because they are wearing white robes, as opposed to white rainment or white linens that other heavenly beings wear. White robes are given to those who did NOT worship the beast or his image, who did NOT take his image, mark or name, who DID repent and believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior through the forgiveness of their sins, and who were martryed (beheaded) for their testimony of Jesus Christ.
*Seven-fold Exhortations from Christ for Christians to be Overcomers:
- … “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God“. (Rev. 2:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death“. (Rev. 2:11). (Emphasis added).
- … “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving that he receiveth it“. (Rev. 2:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he that overcometh and keepeth my works unto the end will I give power over the nations:“. (Rev. 2:26). (Emphasis added).
- … “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels“. (Rev. 3:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God; and I will write upon him my new name“. (Rev. 3:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne“. (Rev. 3:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These exhortations by Christ are part of the seven (7) blessings offered by Christ to the Christians in his seven (7) Churches throughout the ages, and at the time John the Apostle received the Revelation from Jesus. The fact that Jesus purposely uses the term overcomers is unique. This term or name suggests a battle, or a fight against overwhelming odds. Someone who is an underdog but somehow overcomes the odds to be victorious. Satan is ruler of the earth and his minions do everything they can to defeat mankind from reaching knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Temptations, deceptions, lies, false teachers, false doctrines, distractions, meddling, trickery, excessive wealth, persecution…the list goes on and on. Jesus knows what we are up against, yet we can become overcomers by our acceptance of his offer of grace, through the forgiveness of our sins. He knows that we are human and what is is like to be human (since God became incarnate in flesh as Jesus). He also knows that we will stumble, falter and fail along the way. However, he urges us to keep up the fight with him, to fight the good fight and to overcome the traps and pitfalls that Satan puts before us. In the words of Christ, to become overcomers! The desire of Jesus for us to become overwhelmers is so strong that he provides a unique and special reward to each Christian, along with each one of his exhortations. Each blessing is unique and different!
*(Rev. 12:11) … “And they overcame him (beast/antichrist) by the blood of the lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death.” (Emphasis added). Jesus didn’t forget his Tribulation Saints! They also receive the designation of overcomers because of their belief in Jesus Christ and his gospel. They witnessed of their belief at the cost of losing their lives (beheading) by the antichrist. Jesus’ designation of overcomers is universal for Christians, regardless of whether or not they came from the Church Age or the combined Tribulation Period.
Seven-fold Reference of Rewards for Overcomers:
- To Ephesus … “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” (Rev. 2:7). (Emphasis added). (citizenship in heaven, eternal life).
- To Smyrna … ”Be though faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. The one who is victorious will not be hurt at all by the second death.” (Rev. 2:10-11).(Emphasis added). (crown of life, eternal life).
- To Pergamum … “To the one who is victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give that person a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.” (Rev. 2:17). (Emphasis added). (hidden reward, personal acknowledgment by Christ).
- To Thyatria … “To the one who is victorious and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations, that one will rule them with an iron scepter and will dash them to pieces like pottery, just as I have received authority from my Father. I will also give that one the morning star. “(Rev. 2:26-28). (Emphasis added). (shared rulership over nations).
- To Sardis … “To the one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name befor my Father and his angels.” (Rev.3:5). (Emphasis added). (eternal salvation, righteousness, public acceptance by Christ).
- To Philadelphia … “To the one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.” (Rev. 3:12). (Emphasis added).(citizenship in New Jerusalem, new identification in Christ).
- To Laodicea … “To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.” (Rev. 3:21). (Emphasis added). (shared rulership).
Commentary: At the conclusion or end of each individual letter to each church, Jesus promises a unique blessing to each member of these churches who overcomes. Again, these promises were specific to the Christians at the time John wrote Revelation and are also considered blessings/promises to Christians throughout the ages who overcome. Since there were seven (7) unique letters, there are seven (7) unique blessings or promises. This is not meant to be all inclusive of His promises throughout all of scripture or Revelation. He promises eternal life (tree of life), living in paradise (heaven/New Jerusalem), a crown (life), not hurt by the lake of fire (2nd death), hidden reward, white stone with new name (personal acknowledgement), authority over nations (co-reign), dressed in white (righteousness), name written in the book of life (eternal life, escape white throne judgement), acknowledgement by Christ to the Father, becoming a pillar in the temple of God (citizenship in the New Jerusalem), new name in Christ, the right to sit with Christ on his throne (co-rule). What an amazing list of holy blessings or rewards!
Seven-fold Gifts of the Holy Spirit During the Tribulation Period:
- Wisdom (to value the things of God).
- Understanding (to grasp faith’s mysteries).
- Counsel/Right Judgement (to make wise decisions).
- Fortitude/Courage (to strengthen your will).
- Knowledge (to enlighten your mind).
- Piety/Reverence (to love and serve God).
- Fear/Wonder and Awe of the Lord (to respect God’s majesty)
Commentary: This is a little bit of a mystery. How can the Holy Spirit work on the earth during the Tribution if He has been removed (as the restrainer of evil) along with the Church (Rapture/Harpazo)? Good question! Glad you asked. The Holy Spirit has done, is doing, and will do many mysterious works of God on earth. Yes, the Holy Spirit worked as a restrainer of Satan and evil, prior to the seven (7) year Tribulation period. The Tribulation Saints (those who are martryed for denying the Beast, the Beast’s world system and who do not take his mark) undoubetdly must have received the Holy Spirit in order to be able to withstand the Beast and to be saved by their belief in Christ along with their beheading (martrydom). Many of these gifts and/or attributes of the Holy Spirit will have to be present for the unbelieving/unrepenetant sinners during this period, in order for them to come to the conclusion that they need to be saved by Christ. It is my belief that the role of the Holy Spirit, during this period, will focus on helping with the conversion of souls since He no longer has the role of restraining Satan, the Antichrist, False Prophet or demonic hordes. Only the Holy Spirit can provide the saved person with enough fortitude/courage/ strength of will to not withdraw from the beheading that is staring them in the face. Think about this if it were you. It would take great courage to stare death in the face. How many people will renounce Christ in order to literally save their necks (and losing eternal life and salvation in the process)? The Holy Spirit truly knows who repented. Seven-fold gifts of the Holy denotes God’s divine plan and purpose.
Seven-fold Promised Blessings in Revelation:
- … “Blessed in the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.” (Rev. 1:3).(Emphasis added).
- … “Then I heard a voice from heaven, say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.” (Rev. 14:13). (Emphasis added).
- … “Look, I come like a thief! Blessed is the one who stays awake and remains clothed, so as not to go naked and be shamefully exposed.” (Rev. 16:15).(Emphasis added).
- … “Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding super of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.” (Rev. 19:9).(Emphasis added).
- … “Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:6). (Emphasis added).
- … “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy written in this scroll.” (Rev. 22:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.” (Rev. 22:14).(Emphasis added).
Commentary: These seven blessings or beatitudes, are much like the promises Christ made to the church overcomers/victors in Revelation, chapters 2-3. These summarize the challenges and rewards for being victorious overcomers. These blessings are not all-inclusive of blessings and rewards mentioned throughout the Bible, but are just those specifically reveled by Jesus Christ to John, the Apostle. These blessings can be summed up as representing the spiritual status of each believer, as found by Christ, after Rapture/Harpazo. As such, these blessings, and our status, will remain intact for the rest of eternity. Christ will consider each overcomer to be righteous, a citizen of heaven, invited to the wedding feast, to have rest from their earthly labors, struggles and pain. Jesus also notes that he will take into account, and reward, each believer’s works/deeds done on earth for the benefit of his kingdom. Last, but not least, Jesus also reinforces his promise that Christians will co-reign with him on earth, in many other passages in Revelation.
Seven-fold Reference of White Raiment/Robes/Linen to Righteousness:
- … “Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white; for they are worthy. He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” (Rev. 3:4-5). (Emphasis added).
- … “I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.” (Rev. 3:18). (Emphasis added).
- … “And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.” (Rev. 4:4) (Emphasis added).
- …: ”And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, that sould be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.” (Rev. 6:11). (Emphasis added).
- …” After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; … And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? And whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of the great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.” (Rev. 7:9, 13, 14). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the seven angels came out of the temple, having the seven plagues, clothed in pure and white linen, and having their breasts girded with golden girdles.” (Rev. 15:6). (Emphasis added).
- … “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.” (Rev. 19:7-8). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: In John’s Revelation of Jesus Christ, white rainment, linens or robes are used as metaphors for having, and describing the righteousness of Christ. Who are these people that are described as having white raiment, linens or robes? Rev. 3:4-5 indicates that they are overcomers (those who remain faithful to Christ until the end of their lives). Rev. 4:4 indicates that they are the 24 crowned elders around the throne of God. These crowned elders represent a select group of redeemed saints from throughout the ages (they are not angels) and are part of God’s divine council of government. The number twelve (12) denotes a divinely constituted organization either in heaven or on earth. The number twenty-four (24) denontes God’s abundant (doubled) organizational arrangement (12×2). The verses surrounding Rev. 6:11 indicate that these people who received white robes and were told to wait a little longer are the “Tribulation Saints martryed/beheaded for their belief and witness to Christ.” (Rev. 15:6) indicates these are the “righteous seven angels who pour out God’s wrath in the seven last vial plagues.” (Rev. 19:7-8) clearly indicates this group of people is the “Bride (church) of the Lamb”, which his redeemed people from the past, present and near future (until the Tribulation). As the Bible indicates in the above verses, white rainment indicates righteousness of both saints and angels as given to them by Christ.
Seven-fold Reference to the Book of Life:
- … “He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out him name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.” (Rev. 3:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.” (Rev. 13:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.” (Rev. 17:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things were written in the books, according to their works.” (Rev. 20:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And whosover was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” (Rev. 20:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsover worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb’s book of life.” (Rev. 21:27). (Emphasis added).
- … “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.” (Rev. 22:19). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Somehow, God has a way or a system, that accounts for the actions of men, their behaviors, their works and whether or not they accepted Jesus Christ’s offer of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins by the shedding of his blood and his resurrection. These things are kept or accounted for in what appears to be a book of ledgers (using an accounting term). Verse 21:27 is very explicit in stating that this book belongs to the Lamb (Jesus Christ). He is able to account for his own people, whose names are in his book. Conversely, if someone’s name is not in the book, he doesn’t know them (or, they never accepted his offer of salvation). If a person’s name is found in the book, then Jesus confirms to the Father “confess his name before my Father” that this person belongs to him. Those not found recorded in the book of life are lost and thus cast into the lake of fire. Just as a ship has a log or an accounting of every passenger who has paid, and is allowed on the ship, anyone found that is not on the log is cast away. In regards to Jesus Christ, he has already paid for us to be in his book of life and we accepted his ticket.
Seven-fold Acknowledgement of the Tribulation Saints (Martyrs):
- … “And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? And white robes were given unto every one of them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.“ (Rev. 6:9-11). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto death.“ (Rev. 12:11). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.” (Rev. 13:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “ Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.” (Rev. 14:12-13). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, having the harps of God.“ (Rev. 15:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “For true and righteous are his judgements: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.“ (Rev. 19:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.“ (Rev. 20:4). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: The Bible makes it abundantly clear that the Tribulation Saints are those people that become Christians during the period of the Antichrist’s reign on earth, over the seven (7) year period. How do they become Saints in the eyes of Christ? They believe in and accept Christ as their Savior and for the forgiveness of their sins. They do NOT take the mark of the beast or the antichrist. They do NOT worship the beast/antichrist. They do NOT worship his image. They DO witness to the word of God and Jesus. They ARE martryed by beheading for believing in Jesus and witnessing for Him. They DO share in many of blessings and rewards that are also awarded to Christians from the Church Age (at the Rapture/Harpazo and Bema Seat Judgement). There is a very clear distinction between Christians redeemed by Christ prior to the Tribulation period, and those Christians redeemed during the Tribulation period. It is clear that they have to come to a saving grace knowledge of Jesus Christ, withstood the best efforts of Satan/Antichrist/False Prophet to thwart their salvation, and are beheaded for their belief and witnessing in Jesus Christ.
Seven-fold Reference to Christ’s Reign on Earth:
- … “And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works until the end, to him will I give power over the nations.” (Rev. 2:26). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he shall rule them with a rod of iron: as the vesels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.” (Rev. 2:27). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.” (Rev. 11:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron. And her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.” (Rev. 12:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And out his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the wine-press of the fierceness and wrath of Almight God.” (Rev. 19:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:6). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These verses are clear and straightforward, in my mind there isn’t any difficult symbolism to interpret or any sort of mystery as to what they say. Obviously, and clearly, they indicate that God’s plan includes his only begotten son, Jesus Christ, ruling all the nations on earth, during the millenium (1,000 year period), with a “rod of iron”. So as to not be overly redundant, there are many verses in John’s Revelation of Jesus Christ, which are referenced throughout this article, that clearly communicate Jesus’ promise to overcomers and his Church, that they will co-reign with him on earth over the nations during the millennium. Interestingly, Jesus also clearly indicated that in addition to his overcomers and his Church, the Tribulation Saints will share in his co-ruling authority on earth (Rev. 20:4).
Unless you were living in a cave with a large stone covering the opening, you had to be aware of all the debate, discussion and excitement concerning the Revelation 12 “Great Sign in Heaven” in 2017. I will not attempt to go into all that in this article, however, Scottie Clarke (and others) researched this unique heavenly phenomenon ad-nauseum and a great many details and points can be watched on Mr. Clarke’s videos. My personal belief is that Mr. Clarke is correct in his understanding of this great sign as representing the Rapture/Harpazo. You may choose to disagree with me, or Mr. Clark, that is your freedom to do so. Like most everyone else, I was extremely excited and in hopeful anticpation of the Lord’s return for his Bride during that week in September, 2017. Personally, I believe this Great Sign was a wake-up call from God, a proverbial two-by-four (piece of wood) to the side-of-the-head of eschatalogical watchers, to wake up. Think of a celestial ‘alarm clock’, if you will. Time to wake up you sleepy heads! In addition, a cold bucket of water was thrown on our collective heads since the Rapture did not occur, in order for us to keep watching, to stay awake, to stay excited and to tell those “who have ears to hear” that we are in the final season.
For the most part, the world is still fast asleep, has no alarm clock or intention of getting one. If they have one, its in the attic or basement broken and getting rusty. For many in today’s churches, they keep hitting the snooze button on all things prophecy related or think it’s a bad dream and they will wake up none-the-wiser. Its going to take a very violent shaking of the bed to wake them up, just like what we have to do sometimes with our over-sleeping teenagers. O.K., the “Great Sign” did in fact occur in the heavens in September 2017. O.K. this sign was/is a wake-up call for sleepy heads in the church and in the watcher community, O.K. this sign could be interpreted as the much anticipated ‘exit coming soon sign for the Rapture of Christ’s Bride. But, Who is the ‘man’? Who is the ‘child’ Are they one? Which one or both will “rule the nations” with a “rod of iron”? Who gets caught up unto God’s thone? These questions have been hotly debated currently and in past centuries. However, I believe the answer is right under our noses.
Our first clue is that BOTH the man and the child are to rule the nations with a “rod of iron” (Rev. 12:5). Taken individually, or collectively, it is obvious that they will co-rule together (hence the reference to man child which is a collective description). This verse clearly indicates that both will rule nations. The sevenfold verses of Christ’s rule on earth clearly indicate that He, in fact, will rule the nations of the earth. The only entity in the Bible being described as having a “sharp sword or two-edged sword” is Christ. This is because of the power and might of his word and authority over the nations. His earthly reign should be obvious, and logical, given these and other verses in the Bible that attest to this fact. O.K., what about the ‘child’, who is that? Taking these seven verses together, it should be obvious that the ‘child’ is the redeemed saints/Church/Bride of Christ. The Holy Spirit is revealing these facts, through John’s visions, seven (7) times so there is no mistaking who the ‘man’ and the ‘child’ are. By logical default, the ‘man’ can be no other than Jesus Christ and the ‘child’ can be no other than God’s children or Christ’s redeemed saints (one in the same). This should hopefully clear things up a bit. Now the sticky-part. Who is “caught up unto God, and to his throne”? (Rev. 12:5) It can’t be Christ. Why? Christ has never been in danger from or threatened by the Devil/Satan which is set to devour the woman’s child (Rev. 12:4). Christ has already won the victory over evil and death, has ascended to heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. Additionally, Ascending does not equate to being ‘caught up’ or ‘snatched up’. Christ ascending is a glorious, majestic rising in victory as a result of His crucifixion and resurrection. Christ did not need to be ‘caught up’, ‘snatched up’ or otherwise grabbed up and rescued. Notice, Satan thinks he can devour/destroy the child (Church of Christ). This verse clearly indicates that he not waiting to devour/destroy the ‘man’. Satan knows he can’t confront Christ’s power directly and also knows that he has already been defeated by Christ, instead, he is aiming to destroy God’s children. This has been a tactic since antiquity, the lesser of two opponents will attack the greater opponents family or loved ones.
It is believed that Christ’s Church was conceived during the indwelling of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. Rev. 12:2,4, indicates that the woman “being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.” This suggest that the woman (Israel) is in pain because the child (Christ’s Church / Bride / God’s Children / Overcomers / Those redeemed by the Blood of Christ) is ready to be born. Taken in total context, Christ’s Church was conceived on Pentecost and will be born at the Rapture/Harpazo. At some point in the extremely near future, it will have taken Christ’s church or the ‘child’ over 2,000 years to mature enough to the point of being able and healthy enough to be born, according to God’s plan and perfect time table. Symbolically, the Children of God will not be stillborn or left in the womb to die. The child has to be born! The Devil knows this and is at the ready to destroy the children of God or the child as it is ready to be born. The last clue, and I think this is the clincher, that the Church / Bride of Christ (child) is the one ‘caught up’ is in the very last sentence in Rev. 12:5…”and her CHILD was caught up unto God, and to his throne.” (Emphasis added). The child is caught up to God’s throne and not the man (Jesus). I don’t know how the Holy Spirit could have prompted John to use any simpler language than what was used in this verse. Jesus is already in heaven on his throne at the right hand of God, the Father.
Seven-fold Promises of the New Jerusalem:
- God will dwell with men, (tabernacle). (3X). (Rev. 21:3, 21:22, 22:3)
- Communion with God/Jesus, (water of life). (3X). (Rev. 21:6, 22:1, 22:17)
- Eternal Life, (tree of life). (3X). (Rev. 2:7, 22:2, 22:14)
- Heavenly Citizenship, (made a pillar in the temple). (3X). (Rev. 3:12, 21:3, 22:14)
- No sickness, disease, death, tears, pain (these have passed away). (3X). (Rev. 7:16, 7:17, 21:4)
- All things made new. (3X). (Rev. 21:1, 21:2 and 21:5)
- No need for sun or moon, (glory of God and the Lamb light the city). (3X). (Rev. 21:23, 21:25, 22:5)
Commentary: It is easy to forget what Christ promised to those who overcome evil and love him. It seems that most of the book of Revelation focuses on the gloom and doom that awaits evil mankind. And to a certain degree this is true. Almost the entire book of Revelation focuses on the refinement and redemption of Israel, the wrath poured out on the earth and evil men and the subsequent establishment of the Millennial Reign of Christ on earth. Nonetheless, tucked away in the verses referenced above are Christ’s promises to those who love him and abide by his word. He is very specific in these promises, that require faith (that they will occur) on the part of a Christian. Carefully notice where these verses are placed, they all almost completely occur in the first couple of chapters of Revelation (to the seven churches in Asia-Minor) or in the last couple of chapters of Revelation concerning life in the New Jerusalem. These promises have to do with our own physical/spiritual well-being, with our relationship to God and Christ and with our surroundings. Notice that each promise received exactly three (3) references! Three denoties God’s emphasis and intensity!!! It is not a coincidence that the Holy Spirit references these promises exactly three (3) times. Each promise is of equal weight, importance or benefit to a Christian. One promise is not more significant or of greater value than another promise. Each promise should be considered of equal value or importance. Keep in mind that these promises ALL become manifest IN the New Jersusalem (which itself is a mind boggling blessing and reward for the Bride of Christ).
Seven-fold Reference to Christian Patience:
- … “I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Rev. 1:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and they are not, and has found them liars:” (Rev. 2:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name’s sake hast labored, and hast not fainted.” (Rev. 2:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.” (Rev. 2:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.” (Rev. 3:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and faith of the saints.” (Rev. 13:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” (Rev. 14:12). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: When Christ is using the term patience, he is referring to the patience Christians have with one another. He is referring to the patience he has for us. He is acknowledging our patience in waiting for him and our effort to seek his will and word. It takes time, and patience to effectively study the word of God, and to wait and wait, and wait on God to answer a faithful prayer. Something that is almost gone in our culture today. Christ ranks patience, up there with faith works, charity, service and faith. It is that important, and overlooked by many Christians. It is because of this, Christ repeats himself seven times to signify its importance. As an American, I’m just as guilty of this as most of us in our culture. Time is too short, things don’t go fast enough. I stress out when I’m stuck in a two hour commute on the freeway, just to get downtown. We want things now, not later. Eternity? What’s that? I’m trying to make it through the day and get the kids to soccer practice by 6:00pm (or earlier).
As I said, patience and time are a lost commodity today, and Christ knows this. Just as an olympic athlete (as of the time I write this) has had to train hard and for a long time; they know they will have to be patient for their performance to improve, for their times to come down or for their speed or for strength or accuracy to improve. Results and improvements do not happen overnight. It takes patience, dedication and discipline. The same skills Christ wants us to acquire in this life for his eternal kingdom. Physical training for the olympics and spiritual Christian discipleship both take great patience to overcome the stumbling blocks and setbacks that eventually befall all of us. We have to pick ourselves up, to have the patience to keep moving forward and to not give in to the temptations and idols of this world. Christ knows how hard it is to acquire the skill of patience and values this attribute greatly.
8 References to ‘BE WATCHING or WATCHFUL.’ ‘8’ indicates that a new ‘era or epoch’ is arriving. Be it the rapture, the tribulation, the year of the Jews redemption or the year of the onset (2028/29) of the 1000 year millennial reign of Christ (2028/29-3028/29).
Matthew 24:42; Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
Matthew 25:13; Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
Mark 13:35; Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning.
Luke 21:36; Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man
Luke 12:37-39; Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
‘Increasing Like Labor Pains.’ ‘Fearful Sights.’ ‘Perilous Times.’ ‘Men’s hearts failing with fear.’ Great Convergence of Signs.’ REDEMPTION IMMINENT.
In His Service,
Night Watchman Ministries
Make Your Decision for Christ NOW!!!!!!! Time is Up!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ’s Offer of Salvation:
The ABCs of Salvation through Jesus Christ (the Lamb)
A. Admit/Acknowledge/Accept that you are sinner. Ask God’s forgiveness and repent of your sins.
. . . “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23).
. . . “As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.” (Romans 3:10).
. . . “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.” (1 John 1:8).
B. Believe Jesus is Lord. Believe that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be; that He was both fully God and fully man and that we are saved through His death, burial, and resurrection. Put your trust in Him as your only hope of salvation. Become a son or daughter of God by receiving Christ.
. . . “That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:15-17). For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).
C. Call upon His name, Confess with your heart and with your lips that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.
. . . “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10).
. . . “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (John 1:8-10).
. . . “And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. (John 2:2).
. . . “In this was manifested the love of god toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.” (1 John 4:9, 14-15).
. . . “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” (Romans 5:8-10).
. . . “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23).
. . . “Jesus saith unto them, I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” (John 14:6).
. . . “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth.” (Romans 1:16).
. . . “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” (Acts: 4:12).
. . . “Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth for there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (1 Timothy 2:4-6).
. . . “For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 5:9).
. . . “But as many as received him, to them gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.” (John 1:12).
True Church / Bride of Christ Spared from God’s Wrath:
Romans 5:8-10. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.”
Romans 12:19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
1 Thessalonians 1:10. And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
1 Thessalonians 5:9. For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Romans 8:35. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Jeremiah 30:7. Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble, but he shall be saved out of it.
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
Leave a Reply