Five-fold Reference to Men Worshiping the Beast:
- … “And they worshiped the dragon, which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him.” (Rev. 13:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.“ (Rev. 13:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” (Rev. 13:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:11). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: One verse or reference is an angelic warning NOT to worship the beast, his image, or to take his mark. The other four (4) verses indicate that this is exactly what men choose to do, they choose to worship the beast, his image and take his mark. Four(square) denotes balance in symmetry, form or function and a doubling of meaning or value. Descriptions of worshiping the beast:
- Men worship the beast because they are in awe of him, they are deceived by his attributes. They declare that no one is like him and he is so strong that no one is able to make war (fight) with him. He is unique (satanically) and no one else on earth is like him.
- Everyone on earth (those that dwell upon the earth) will worship him. These are evil men whose names are not found or written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- The beast’s deadly wound is miraculously healed (false resurrection from the dead), as such, the false prophet uses this satanically contrived event to further mislead people into worshiping the beast because of his false resurrection.
- The five references end (Rev. 14:11) indicating these evil men who worshiped the beast are tormented for eternity in the lake of fire and brimstone (2nd death). They will have no rest, day or night from their torment, forever.