Five-fold References to Satanic Power:
- … “And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. “ (Rev. 12:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” (Rev. 12:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.” (Rev. 13:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able make war with him?“ (Rev. 13:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.“ (Rev. 16:13). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These five verses describe Satan’s direct exercise of his power. Satan directly causes a flood to try to devour Israel (woman as she flees to the wilderness). He directly tries to attack Israel’s remnant. Rev. 13:2 and 13:4 specifically indicate that Satan directly gives his power, seat and authority to the beast. These are his attributes which he endows to the beast/antichrist. Lastly, Satan also issues an unclean spirit from his mouth, along with the beast and false prophet, who exercise their endowed satanic power to also issue forth unclean spirits from their mouths. These unclean spirits are used to draw kings, from around the world, to come to battle at Armageddon. All subsequent verses in Revelation that refer to either the beast or the false prophet, directly or indirectly refer to their endowed power coming from Satan. Satan give his power directly to the beast/antichrist, who in turn, shares some of this power with the false prophet. As stated elsewhere in this analysis, the false prophet can only exercise satanic power when he is in close proximity of the beast. Satan’s power is not omnipotent or omnipresent. He has to be nearby his fleshly puppets (beast and false prophet), in order to exercise his power.