Blog note. Jesus indicated
that ‘fearful sights’ (various natural disasters) would occur leading up to the
time known as the Tribulation and Great Tribulation (a combined seven year
period of great destruction on earth). Although these types of things have
occurred in the past for centuries and thousands of years, they could be
identified as the ‘season of the times’ due to the ferociousness of these
events. They would be occurring in greater intensity, severity, frequency,
size, duration, scope … just like the pains that a woman experiences in labor
the farther along she is in the labor process. We are in the ‘season of the
times’ that comes just before the seven (7) year Tribulation/Great Tribulation
… And great earthquakes shall be in diverse places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. (Luke 21:11).
… And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; (Luke 21:25)
… Men’s hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken; (Luke 21:26)
… This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. (2 Timothy 3:1)
Jesus is giving a series of prophecies about what to look for as the age of grace comes to a close. These verses are several of many such prophecies from throughout the Bible. 2017 was the worst year in recorded history for the intensity, frequency, severity, duration and occurrence of a large number of severe natural disasters worldwide. Earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, typhoons, cyclones, torrential flooding, unprecedented wildfires in unusual places, devastating droughts, excessive/scorching heat setting records everywhere, record snowfalls in Europe and Russia. Snow in the Arabia. This list can go on. Most studied Eschatologists believe these ‘fearful sights’ and massive natural disasters are all part of the ‘CONVERGENCE’ of signs that this Biblical and prophetic age is closing. Most people who study prophecy are familiar with the routine reference(s) made that these things will be like a woman having labor.
As cases pass 2,000, key facts about Congo’s Ebola epidemic
By Valeria Martinez, Thomson Reuters Foundation Reuters•June 4, 2019
LONDON, June 4 (Thomson Reuters Foundation) – The number of Ebola cases in Democratic Republic of Congo has topped 2,000, according to new government figures that show the growth of the epidemic is gaining pace.
The world’s second-biggest outbreak has killed 1,346 people since it was detected in August last year.
It is the first time Ebola has struck in a conflict zone and the World Health Organization (WHO) has said the outbreak is unlikely to be contained unless violence stops.
Here are some key facts and figures about Ebola:
* The world’s worst epidemic of Ebola, a hemorrhagic fever, began in Guinea in December 2013 and swept through Liberia and Sierra Leone, killing more than 11,300 people by 2016.
* Ebola causes fever, flu-like pains, bleeding, vomiting and diarrhea and spreads among humans through contact with bodily fluids of an infected person.
* The world’s second-biggest outbreak of Ebola began in August 2018 in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, shortly after the country had quashed another outbreak.
* As of June 3, 2019, Congo’s health ministry reported 2,008 confirmed and probable cases with a death toll of 1,346.
* A mob killed an Ebola health worker and looted a clinic last week, one of many attacks by civilians and armed groups which have forced health workers to suspend activities and caused the number of cases to spike.
* Between January and early May, there were 42 attacks on health facilities, with 85 workers either injured or killed, according to WHO figures.
* Communities’ lack of trust in the responders remains a major obstacle, with many people avoiding treatment because they do not believe Ebola is real, according to Oxfam.
Categories: Pestilence Update