The Monstrosity and Evilness of Mankind (6) (Part 6)
Six-fold References to the Name Babylon as a City and as a Mystery Religion:
- . . . “And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.” (Rev. 14:8). (Emphasis added).
- . . . “And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.” (Rev. 16:19). (Emphasis added).
- . . . “And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” (Rev. 17:5). (Emphasis added).
- . . . “And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” (Rev. 18:2). (Emphasis added).
- . . . “Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour is thy judgement come.” (Rev. 18:10). (Emphasis added).
- . . . “And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.” (Rev. 18:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Only six (6) references. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The number of evil man. These six references are to a name or title, and are not descriptive, since Babylon is capitalized in every case. ‘That great city’ is used twice as a descriptive element. ‘the great’ is used three times as a descriptive element. 3X + 2X = 5X (the great + that great city). Denotes the satanic influence behind and operating within the city. 3X + 2X +1X = 6X (the great + that great city + Babylon). Adding the name Babylon from the first verse or reference with the two descriptive elements indicates that Babylon is an extremely evil city of men. Six (6) references is the evil number representing man.
5X + 1X = 6X (Babylon City + Mystery Babylon). Babylon is referenced 5X as a city and once as Mystery Babylon. Mystery (Religion) Babylon is a spiritual or religious reference to the evil and false religion(s) spreading from the city causing spiritual fornication around the world. Depending on how the word Babylon is used, in context and with descriptive elements, it can mean either the actual, physical city of the Beast’s worldwide capital, or it can mean the false, evil, mystery religious fornication that is spewed forth from the city. Generically speaking, the Babylonian System is not mentioned in the Bible, however, it is used to describe the entire Babylon footprint on the earth; the beast, the false prophet, the mark/ name/number, the ten kings (political, military backbone for the beast), the physical city of Babylon, the false, fornication of evil religion and spirituality, the satanic influence behind the beast, the false prophet, Babylon City and Mystery Religion Babylon. The Babylon System also includes the worldwide systems behind the beast’s empire that allow him to govern the earth; electronic commerce, communications, military, political, and religious. Babylon and Mystery Religion Babylon are further described as:
- She made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
- God remembers the evil caused by her and pours out the “wine of the fierceness of his wrath” for her to drink. In turn, she is divided into three parts and the cities of the world are leveled by the greatest, most powerful earthquake in the history of mankind “as long as men have walked the earth.”
- She is described also as being the “mother or harlots and abominations of the earth.” Taken into context with MYSTERY, this refers to the spiritual fornication that is generated from the city and spread around the world.
- The physical city becomes the “habitation of devils, the hold of every kind of foul spirit, and the cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” These descriptive elements suggest that physical Babylon City will attract anything and everything that is evil, foul, devilish, unclean and hateful. Both of spirits and of men.
- Physical Babylon City is literally destroyed in one hour. The smoke and fire of her destruction is seen so far away that men (merchants, kings) stand back or away, least they be consumed by her destruction. They see Babylon City’s destruction and are afraid to come near it because they fear that the destruction might come upon them. Everyone who stands afar off watching the aftermath of Babylon City’s destruction marvel at her destruction and the immensity of it. They grew rich from selling their merchandise and luxuries to the evil people of Babylon City. The kings of the world maintained their political power under the beast by committing spiritual mystery religion fornication with the evil religious doctrine(s) the city provided the world. Everyone who ‘benefited’ from their relationship with the evil city and its evil religious dogma is now distraught because their fortunes and benefits have been lost. They never thought that such a ‘great city’ could fall or be destroyed, let alone in under just one hour. They are scared for themselves and won’t come near the city.
- Lastly, an extremely strong angel casts or throws a millstone (heavy object) into the sea indicating that Babylon City will likewise be cast aside with violence and found no more. Babylon City was not unlike a millstone that hung around the necks of men, causing them to sink to the depths of hell. Symbolically, as the millstone sinks to the bottom of the ocean and will never be found again, so it will be with Babylon City. It is violently destroyed and cast aside, never to be found again. Once again, Six (6) detailed descriptions of Babylon and Mystery Religion Babylon. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The number of evil man.