The Monstrosity and Evilness of Mankind (6) (Part 5)
Six-fold Reference to the Woman (as Babylon City and Mystery Religion Babylon):
- . . . “So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev.17:3).
- . . .”And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication.” (Rev. 17:4).
- . . . “And I saw the woman drunken with blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.” (Rev. 17:6).
- . . . “And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.” (Rev. 17:7).
- . . . “And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.” (Rev. 17:9).
- . . . “And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.” (Rev. 17:18).
Commentary: Six (6) references. Six represents imperfection, something not normal, monstrous, evil. The descriptive name of woman is used interchangeably as referring to both the physical Babylon City and the Mystery Religion of Babylon. Sometimes, the distinction is clear as to whether the reference is to the actual city or to the mystery religion that comes from the city. In other instances there is interchangeability in how the descriptive elements are used in referring to the city or the evil religion.
The six (6) verses are meant to be read in context with another. The woman is a great city, sitting on seven mountains and reigns over the kings of the earth (or, is the political capital of the beast’s empire). Initially, the evil religion that originates from this city is carried throughout the world (supported by) the ten kings who form the beast’s political and military backbone. The city (like a woman) is adorned with the most luxurious and expensive, precious stones, gold, finest linens, etc. The city and evil religion (like a whore) seduce men and kings from around the world to practice evil, blasphemous religious doctrines and false worship of evil things. The city and evil religion (like a whore) are drunk or intoxicated with the blood of those whom were martryed for believing in the gospel of Jesus Christ. They are intoxicated or drunk in the sense that they are exceedingly giddy in having defeated and killed those who do not subscribe to their evil doctrines. They feel vindicated, that their evil way is the right way. They are joyful and happy that their religious enemies (Christians) are literally being killed before their eyes for not converting to false religious dogma or blasphemous forms of worship. In a nutshell, the evil ones of Babylon City and those who practice Babylon’s Mystery Religion are absolutely giddy that blood (scarlet wine) is spilt from those they are successfully beheading (martyrs for Christ). The evil men feel that they are gaining victory over Christianity through the untold slaughter/beheading of many, many men who are converted by the gospel of Jesus Christ during the Tribulation Period.