The Monstrosity and Evilness of Mankind (6) (Part 2)
The Number of a Man: Verse 13:18 clearly states that 666 is the number of a man . . . not a number of an angel, not a number of Satan, Devil, serpent or dragon, nor of any kind of reference to Babylon (city) or Mystery Babylon (false religion). The reference is literally to man (mankind), the beast/antichrist (a literal, physical man) and the false prophet (a literal, physical man). Each of them is judged to be extremely evil and each is therefore assigned number six (6) to represent the imperfection, sinfulness and evilness of man, before God. Combining the number of each type of man leads to 666, this number represents the totality of evil, of the three men. The number three (3) denotes intensity and emphasis. The fact that the number six (6) is repeated three (3) times emphasizes the most intense evil that mankind, antichrist, and the false prophet collectively possess during the tribulation period. Evil doesn’t come any worse, or more intensely than this. Period. When the Bible states an important reference to someone or something, the word of God is very specific and literal. There should be no confusion. To understand why the number six (6) represents evil, Verse 13:18 tells us to “count” his number. When we read all of Revelation, we can literally “count” (using your fingers, toes, abacus, etch-a-sketch, spreadsheet or notepad and pen) the number of sins or evil actions conducted by all evil mankind, of the beast/antichrist and of the false prophet. Their evil footprints leave an evil, smelly trail in the mud and muck of the world, that can very easily be sniffed out, followed and counted. Are you excited to be a bloodhound and to begin sniffing out the clues!?
I will start out explaining the mathematics of evil, using very simple elementary school ‘easy math’! (I promise!!!)
Let’s revisit the fact that evil is represented by the number six (6). And that there are three men (man) referenced as being intensely evil; mankind / the beast-antichrist / the false prophet. Each man is assigned the number six (6). The fact that there are three (3) men denotes God’s emphasis and intensity. Since there are three (3) men, there will be three, six’s (6). God’s mathematics not only have numerical values but also descriptive values. God’s mathematics not only express statistical truth, but also sequential, logical and descriptive truth. This is truth within truth, layer within layer, meaning within meaning. Mankind (6) + beast/antichrist (6) + false prophet (6) = 666 (a literal number represented by the number 6, repeated three times in a linear row.)
By using the three linear, sequential numbers of six (6) “666”, we can calculate some information about evil during the Tribulation period. Remember, one of the six (6) points made in Rev. 13:17-18 was to “count.” This is a very literal suggestion!
1. (6×6) + 6 = 42. This tells us, in months, how long the first period of evil Tribulation period lasts. This 3 ½ years. (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
2. 6 + (6×6) = 42. This tells us, in months, how long the second period of the intensely evil Great Tribulation period lasts. This is the final 3 ½ years. (Note: The Bible specifically mentions that the final 3 ½ years are of “Great Wrath”, because God pours out his most intensive wrath upon the world, during this time. Thus, the final 3 ½ years are referenced as the Great Tribulation.) (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
3. (6×6) + 6 = 42. This is a relatively simple calculation that tells us, in months, how long the evil beast, as a man, will be on earth during the tribulation. 42 months equals 3 ½ years (42 months divided by 12 months). (Note: the beast/antichrist, as a man, is on the earth for the first half of the tribulation. At the halfway point, Satan takes over, or possesses the beast’s body, and demands to be worshipped as God in the rebuilt Jewish temple. The beast/antichrist is no longer a man, during the final 3 ½ years because he became Satan incarnate.). ALWAYS refer to what the Bible says about these things. Rev. 13:5, “And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months (3 ½ years).” (Emphasis added). The beast/antichrist is only given the first 3 ½ years to promise great things, to lie, and to blaspheme God as a man. (42 months / 12 mo./yr. = 3.5 years)
4. Thus, 42 months (1st half trib.) + 42 months (2nd half trib.) = 84 months of total evil tribulation.
5. 84 divided by 12 (God’s divinely constituted organization on earth or heaven) = 7 years.
6. 7 years is how long God allows the organization (system of commerce, Babylon, etc.) of evil to manifest itself on earth.
7. 7 denotes God’s perfection, completeness of his purpose or plan. Seven (7) years, no more – no less. Not by a day, nor an hour.
8. 84 divided by 7 (God’s perfection, completeness of his purpose or plan) = 12
9. 12 Denotes God’s divinely constituted organization on earth or heaven.
10. Mathematically, I just demonstrated two different ways of calculation that arrive at the same conclusions. God’s truth does not change, not matter how you calculate it. Using the logic, within his mathematics, you will always arrive at the same truth(s).
11. (6×6)+6 = 42. This tells us in months, how long the two witnesses (prophets of God) address the evil world, on behalf of God. Again, in years, this equates to 3 ½ years. Rev. 11:3, “And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.” 42 months x 30 days/mo = 1,260 days. 1,260 days / 360 days/biblical yr. = 3 ½ years. God’s two prophets have a 3 ½ year time frame to condemn evil and spread the gospel of salvation from Jesus Christ to evil mankind throughout the world. (42 months / 12 mo./ yr. = 3.5)
12. 6+(6×6) = 42. This tells us in hours, how long the two witnesses lay slain by the antichrist, unburied, out in the open, on a street and televised around the entire globe. 42 hours / 12 hours per day = 3 ½ days. Rev. 11:8-9, “. . . And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and a half and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.” (Emphasis added). It is usually afforded to both evil and righteous men to be buried in graves. However, the two prophets are so despised by evil men because of what they preach and do, that evil men won’t even bother (suffer) to bury the two prophets after the antichrist kills them. Their bodies literally lay out in the open, on a street, beginning to rot and smell from the heat and decay. The antichrist and the rest of the world gloat over their death. The world rejoices, and men give each other special presents, celebrating the death of God’s two witnesses/prophets. (Rev. 14:10). The Bible says in this verse that men were “tormented” by what these two prophets said and did. People are tormented by the fact that they are reminded, day after day after day, for 3 ½ years of how evil they are, what sins they are committing, that they need to be saved by the blood of Jesus Christ through his forgiveness of their sins. No one wants to hear this, over and over and over. No one wants to be reminded of their spiritual situation. Everyone wants to continue in their ways, doing what they have always been doing. Everyone in their soul knows they are wrong and evil, but they are tired of being told such and want nothing to do with (care not of) the gospel.
For 3 ½ years, people just wish that these two preachers with supernatural ability (can cause plagues), would literally just ‘go away and die’ and leave them alone. Eventually, after 3 ½ years, they get their wish. The antichrist kills the two witnesses/preachers, but God brings them back to life three and half days later and calls them home, “Come up hither.” (Rev. 11:12). Evil mankind (man) are finally relieved from the torment of these two preachers and celebrate! God is done using holy men to preach to evil men, urging them to repent of their deeds and except the forgiveness of their sins through Jesus Christ. Most people will not listen. Next, God is going to bring his ‘celestial sledgehammer’ of wrath upon the earth, during the last 3 ½ years of the seven years Tribulation period. He is done sternly repeating himself, over and over and over, for 3 ½ years to get people to repent and ask for forgiveness. God is “longsuffering” in that he wants that no one should perish. He wants EVERYONE to be saved, through his Son, Jesus Christ. He loves everyone but hates every sin. However, there comes a point in his infinite wisdom, when he decides to figuratively and literally, turn up the heat on evil mankind and the world. What other descriptions of evil can we calculate or describe using the evil number 6? We know that evil describes men, and specifically two unique men, the beast/antichrist and false prophet. We know that the antichrist exists in the form of a man for the first 3 ½ years of the tribulation. We know the evil mankind is tormented 3 ½ years by God’s two supernaturally special witnesses/prophets/ preachers. Shortly, we will identify 6 sins of each man, 6 descriptions of each man, 6 other descriptions of evil, and so forth.
… more to come in part 3