… “And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues. (Rev. 17:15). (Emphasis added).
- Open and neutral to all peoples and all religions of the world.
- Recruiting the best and brightest technical, scientific, engineering, architectural people on the planet.
- Accepting $500 billion in financial investment from anyone, anywhere in the world, who has deep enough pockets.
What does the Revelation of Jesus Christ say about Evil Babylon Men, of many Peoples, Tongues and Nations?
Reference to devils:
- … “And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:” (Rev. 9:20). (Emphasis added).
- …”And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.” (Rev. 18:2). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: devils (lowercase) is not capitalized. These three (3) references are not of names, but are descriptive. The “devils of idols,” “the foul spirits of devils,” and “the habitation of devils.” devils is used to describe something evil and plural (meaning many). Some of these devils are man-made (gold, silver idols, etc.). Other devils are demonic spirits of some type or another. The last reference as a habitation of devils infers to a physical place, Babylon City, as a place where devils are commonplace. All three uses of devils is appropriate in the context in which they are used.
Seven-fold Sins of Evil Babylon Men:
- Took the Mark/Name/Number (Identification) of the Beast. (7X). (Rev. 13:16, 13:17, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20, 20:4)
- Worshipped the Beast. (6X). (Rev. 13:4, 13:8, 13:12, 14:9, 14:11, 20:4)
- Worshipped the Beast’s Image. (6X). (Rev. 13:15, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20, 20:4)
- Fought Christ. (5X). (Rev. 16:14, 17:14, 19:11, 19 and 21)
- Did not repent. (4X). (Rev. 9:20-21, 16:9 and 11)
- Blasphemed God. (3X). (Rev. 16:9, 11, and 21)
- Worshipped Idols and devils; thefts, murders, sorceries, fornication (2X). (Rev. 9:20-21)
Commentary: An entire book could probably be written about the seven-fold sins of evil men during the Tribulation and Great Tribulation period. These sins are a direct affront to God. These sins are not all inclusive, they do not even include the sins of men against other men. In this commentary, there are numbers hidden within numbers, meanings within meanings and truth within truth. Layers upon layers. Notice the number of Biblical verses/references to each sin, starting with the most references (#1) to the least number of references (#7). The word of God, through the Holy Spirit, indicates that “taking the mark, name or number of the beast”, is the vilest of sins in God’s eyes. Reference to this particular sin is mentioned seven (7) times! Taking the “mark” represents a complete, total spiritual and physical rejection of anything to do with God or Christ. This is the ultimate rejection of God and acceptance of Satan (through the antichrist/beast). There is nothing worse that evil men can do other than taking the mark of the beast/antichrist. Following close behind is the second worse sins of worshipping the beast and his image. Notice each one is represented by six (6) references. Six (6) denotes God’s description and naming of evil men (mankind, beast, false prophet – 666). Rounding out the top three (3) sins at #3 is fighting Christ which is Biblically reference five (5) times in the book of Revelation. Five (5) suggests that Satan’s influence is behind evil men’s attempt to fight or oppose Christ. The fifth sin of men not repenting is referenced four (4) times (denoting foursquareness or a doubling confirmation). The sixth (6) sin of men blaspheming God is referenced three (3) times (denoting intensity and emphasis). Lastly, men worshipping idols and devils received two (2) references (denoting solid confirmation of a matter). All these sins are so apparent that they all receive more than one verse or reference in Revelation. It is no coincidence that the most vial sins received as many as five (5), six (6) or seven (7) references. Digging into this concept further reveals that only the first three sins (taking the mark, worshipping the beast and/or his image) are the only sins that specifically receive dire angelic warnings – not to do these things or else men will find themselves in the lake of fire and brimstone (2nd death). (Rev. 14:9-11). God is so adamant that men should not do these things that he specifically addresses this behavior as such and sends an angelic messenger to warn men. None of the other sins receive such a dire warning or prophecy not to do them. The angelic message is intense, direct and to the point. There can be no mistaking the intent of the angelic message.
Four-fold Reference of Evil Babylon Men Not Repenting:
- … “And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk.” (Rev. 9:20). (Emphasis added).
- … “Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.” (Rev. 9:21). (Emphasis added).
- … “And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.” (Rev. 16:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.” (Rev. 16:11). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Evil men don’t repent of the their actions, and they don’t repent after receiving punishment from three special plagues – grievous sores, scorching heat, great hail stones. They know what they do is wrong, but they don’t repent, instead, they curse God. In spite of receiving punishment in three forms of bodily affliction, they still don’t repent and continue to curse the name of God. The twelve (12) sins mentioned include; works of their hands, worhipping devils, idols of gold, idols of silver, idols of brass, idols of stone, idols of wood, murders, sorceries, fornication, thefts and blasphemies. These listed, are very explicit and very accountable sins in God’s divinely constituted organization in either heaven or earth. In all four references, it is implied that evil men knew what they were (are) doing, but their prideful nature did/does not allow them to repent and ask for forgiveness. To make their sin even greater, in addition to not repenting (asking for forgiveness and salvation through Jesus Christ), they proceed to blaspheme, curse and swear at God. They act like an evil man who is arrested at a convenience store for armed robbery by police officers, that in turn cusses and spits at the officers and tells them belligerantly that they are pigs. This is a simple but effective way of illustrating how men approach God who confronts them of their sins through special plagues and calamaties. No matter the calamity, men’s hearts are so hardened by sin and evil, that they can’t bring themselves to repent, even when being inflicted with severe physical pain. There is no logic, reasoning or words that can directly reach these men. God has to resort to physical calamaties to try to break through their evil, prideful, stubborn natures. Even then, this doesn’t work. These men are damned and lost. Their brief worship of gold, wealth, false idols, or whatever, is more important to them than the eternal status of their souls, spirits and physical being. They are trading a nano-second of time in eternity, for a temporary self-perceived ounce of false pleasure, at the expense of an eternity of heavenly joy and righteous pleasure. They pursue false worship at the expense of true worship and will pay the price forever.
Five-fold Reference to Evil Babylon Men Worshipping the Beast:
- … “And they worshipped the dragon, which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him.” (Rev. 13:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.“ (Rev. 13:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.” (Rev. 13:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:11). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: One verse or reference is an angelic warning NOT to worship the beast, his image, or to take his mark. The other four (4) verses indicate that this is exactly what men choose to do, they choose to worship the beast, his image and take his mark. Four(square) denotes balance in symmetry, form or function and a doubling of meaning or value. Descriptions of worshipping the beast:
- Men worship the beast because they are in awe of him, they are deceived by his physical size and attributes. They declare that no one is like him and he is so strong that no one is able to make war (fight) with him. He is unique (satanically) and no one else on earth is like him.
- Everyone on earth (those that dwell upon the earth) will worship him. These are evil men whose names are not found or written in the Lamb’s book of life.
- The beast’s deadly wound is miraculously healed (false resurrection from the dead), as such, the false prophet uses this satanically contrived event to further mislead people into worshipping the beast because of his false resurrection.
- The five references end (Rev. 14:11) indicating these evil men who worshipped the beast are tormented for eternity in the lake of fire and brimestone (2nd death). They will have no rest, day or night from their torment, forever.
Three-fold Reference to Evil Babylon Men Blaspheming God:
- … “And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.” (Rev. 16:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.” (Rev. 16:11). (Emphasis added).
- … ” And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” (Rev. 16:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: God is blasphemed four (4) times in these verses. The first comes from the beast/antichrist. The next three come from men who are afflicted with three special plagues; noisome sores, scorching heat, heavy hail stones. These men know who is sending them the plagues, and instead of repenting, they curse God. The antichrist curses God, his heavenly city and throne, and the angels that dwell in heaven. Blaspheme means swearing at, cursing, to speak impiously or irreverently of (God or sacred things). To speak evil of; slander; abuse, to speak of or address with irreverence. The antichrist and men of the earth do not acknowledge God for who he is and instead curse and swear at him, in other words, blaspheme against God.
Three-fold Reference to Special Plagues for Evil Babylon Men:
- Noisome/Grievous Sore: … “And the first (angel) went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” (Rev. 16:2). (Emphasis added).
- Scorching Heat: … “And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And Men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.” (Rev. 16:8-9). (Emphasis added).
- Great Hail: … “And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.” (Rev. 16:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These three special plagues are directly poured out onto evil men during the second half of the Tribulation period (Great Tribulation). They are part of the first, fourth and seventh vial wraths or final plagues. The second, third, fifth, and sixth vials are wraths poured out directly onto the earth and not men. These men are afflicted with very painful grievous sores or boils, they are scorched with severe, extreme, flesh searing heat, and are also pounded with 75 pound hailstones. A celestial one, two and three sledgehammer blow to the gut, jaw and head of evil men. God’s will is to use nature to afflict men with these extreme calamities or afflictions. The Bible is clear that these men know who is sending them these plagues (God), but in all three instances, these men “repent not” and “don’t give God glory”. Their hearts are as hard as the 75 pound hailstones hammering them. God is done trying to provide evil men with prophets, witnessing, testimonials, words, warnings and exhortations. He is now dealing directly with evil men, through the direct outpouring of his wrath. He is trying to “knock some sense” into these men and also to punish them for the evil they are doing. As is the case, time and time again during the Tribulation, men’s minds are dull and their hearts are exceedingly hard, as a result they “repent not.” In addition to not repenting, they proceed further into blaspheming God or cursing at him directly. They know who he is … and yet they still curse at him in evil defiance.
Four-fold Reference to Evil Babylon Men Fighting Christ:
- … “For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.” (Rev. 16:14). (Emphasis added).
- … ”These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is the Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.” (Rev. 17:14). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.” (Rev. 19:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.” (Rev. 19:21). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: All four of these verses distinctly indicate how evil mankind has become during the Tribulation. Men literally are so debased and deceived, to think that they can fight against Christ (him that sits on a horse) … and win. All four verses are in direct reference to the battle of Armageddon and The Day of the Lord. There is no mistake, the beast – earthly kings – earthly armies all gather to make war against Christ at the return of his second coming to earth. Interestingly, Christ uses a particular military tactic. Once a main battle is over, a victorious army sweeps through the battlefield looking for their own dead soldiers, those who are injured and need medical assistance, to take out any pockets of hidden enemy resistance, to look for prisoners, etc. After the battle of Armageddon, Christ sweeps through the battlefield and literally destroys the evil remnant of men who were not killed during the main battle. Christ does not take any evil man prisoner. There are no prisoners. Christ’s wrath is complete and thorough. There will be no prisoner of war camps, no hope of rescue, no care packages, and no love letters from families back home. Christ’s wrath is complete at the battle of Armageddon! As with many battles over history, the carnage is so great that scavenger birds gorge on dead men until they can’t eat anymore.
It bears repeating that on The Day of the Lord, the Lamb (Jesus Christ) brings with him those who “are called, and chosen and faithful.” These are redeemed men, the Bride of Christ, those who were raptured prior to the Tribulation and those who were dead in Christ at the time of the Rapture/Harpazo. These who are called, chosen and faithful have already received their glorified bodies (or else they could not be in the physical presence of Christ during his second return). They have already participated in the marriage super and bema seat judgement. The presence of the glorified, redeemed men in Christ’s army clearly indicate and logically support the pre-tribulation rapture of the Church or Bride of Christ. If the rapture were to take place after the battle of Armageddon or at the beginning of the Millennial Kingdom, who then are those who “are called, and chosen, and faithful” that accompany Christ on his glorious return? A heavenly army of teenage mutant ninja turtles, clones from star wars, the avengers? Seriously, the army of heaven that accompanies Christ is not some rag-tag band of mercenaries. They are called to be in his army, they are chosen to be in his army, and they are described as being faithful. Other verses throughout the Bible refer to those redeemed and forgiven by the shedding of Christ’s blood and his resurrection, as also being called, chosen and faithful. If God’s word in the Bible is consistent (which it is), then it is logical to understand that those who are “called, chosen and faithful” of verse 17:14 as being the army of redeemed, glorified men from the pre-tribulation rapture. It is Christ who has the power over his enemies. Our participation and attendance in his army serves two purposes; one, to give him glory and two, to serve as a testimony to the evil world that Christ’s redemptive word and offer of salvation was true. Those of us who will be in his army (it might be all of us), serve as manifested, physical evidence resulting from the word of God and the promises made by Christ during his ministry over 2,000 years ago. I would rather peel potatoes in Christ’s heavenly army than be a 5 Star General in an earthly army.
Five-fold Reference to Evil Babylon Men Worshipping the Beast’s Image:
- … “And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.” (Rev. 13:15). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand.” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added.)
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:11). (Emphasis added.)
- … “And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.” (Rev. 16:2). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimestone.” (Rev. 19:20). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Very, very, very interesting. The False Prophet tells men to build an image of the beast AFTER there is apparantly an unsuccessful attempt to kill the beast by an unknown party. The beast is satanically healed and lives again. This is a fake ressurection of the antichrist which mimics the real resurreciton of Jesus Christ. Remember, Satan ALWAYS tries to discount, discredit, falsify and otherwise lie about anything and everything God or Jesus accomplished. Anything that is done or represents holiness, righteousness or is of a redemptive nature, Satan mocks and counterfeits it with something of his own making. Trying to pass it off as an original in order to deceive evil and weak-minded men. Satan is the proverbial shady man, standing on the street corner, who opens his coat and tries to entice you to buy a fake Rolex or Gucci watch. Tribulation man swallows the lie, hook-line-sinker. Satan laughs because he is depositing your soul in his soul/bank account in hell. An image is a created likeness or fake represenation of something that is meant to represent the original. We normally think of images as photographs, paintings, drawings, etc. An image can also be a statue, made out of wood, marble, iron, concrete, stone, resin or any other natural resource. An image can represent a person of historical importance, be a piece of artwork, or an artistic abstraction of one sort or another. Complex images, require the combined work of multiple artisans or craftsmen. In the context of the above verses referenced from the Bible, it is obvious that a successful attempt will be made at creating a manmade image of a person.
We don’t know what materials or resources will be used, or how big the images will be. With today’s 3D manufacturing, reproducing technology, the image could be made with a striking resemblance or exactness to the original person. Additionally, robotics, voice algorithms, animatronics and articial intelligence could all play a role in creating something montrous enough that people willingly worship something obviously man made. We know it is manmade because Rev. 13:14 specifically says that the false prophet tells “them that dwell on the earth that they should make an image to the beast”. (Emphasis added). It is not at all unlike what existed in the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus. Roman emperors had all kinds of statues, replicas and images built of themselves and placed around their kingdoms so people could exercise official Caesar worship. Want to worship Caesar, but can’t afford the trip to Rome? No problem, go to the main intersection your town where his statue exists and conduct your fornication there. In addition to statues of Caesar, many other statues of idols, false gods and deities also existed at this time throughout the Roman Empire. The Romans were not the only ones to blame. Greek history is also filled with all kinds of statues representing false gods and mythological personas. Mankind will not be any diffrerent, in the future. The following is an excerpt from a recent article I wrote regarding an eschatalogical recap of 2017 which included an update on the increasing effort to recreate past idols and false gods around the world using modern, 3D manufacturing technology. Manufacturing engineers and technologists will know exactly what I am talking about.
Five-fold Sins Resulting in Evil Babylon Men’s Eternal Damnation:
- Worship the beast. (6X). (Rev. 13:4, 13:8, 13:12, 14:9, 14:11)
- Worship the beast’s image. (6X). (Rev. 13:14, 13:15, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20)
- Take the beast’s mark. (6X). (Rev. 13:16, 13:17, 14:9, 14:11, 16:2, 19:20)
- Take the beast’s number. (2X). (Rev. 13:17, 13:18)
- Take the beast’s name. (2X). (Rev. 13:17, 14:11)
Commentary: There are a total of eighteen (18) verses that indicate the eternal sins of damnation that result from worshipping the beast, worshipping his image and taking his mark of identification. Three (3) denotes God’s emphasis and intensity x six (6) denotes the evil number of man = 18, or 6+6+6 = 18, or 666 … “Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six Hundred and threescore and six (666).” (Rev. 13:18). (Emphasis added). Worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark are the eternal sins that men commit during the Tribulation.
There are a total of ten (10) combined references of evil men taking the beast’s mark, number or name. These three descriptions are synonymous with being identified with (or belonging) to the beast and his system. Ten (10) denotes God’s allness or physical completeness regarding things on earth. These ten references indicate man’s complete earthly evilness and damnation resulting from taking either the mark, number of name of the beast and his kingdom. These men are so deceived and evil, that they not only allow themselves to worship the beast and his fake image, but they allow themselves to be physically branded or marked in order to be identified with the beast. Evil men obtain this mark, number or name so they can also participate in the global economy in terms of buying and selling. They have to be identified as having this mark, number or name, physically evident on either their right hand or forehead, in order to be allowed to execute a purchasing or selling transaction. Once evil men worship the beast, his image and take his mark (or number, name), they are damned.
There are three verses regarding a very specific, powerful and clear angelic warning given to men on earth, to NOT worship the beast, or his image, or take his mark (name, number). Three (3) denotes God’s emphasis and intensity.
… “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 14:9, 14:10, 14:11) (Emphasis added). Twice (2) the message is directed at men. The angel repeats himself indicating that the message is for men and what behavior is judged eternally sinful (for ever and ever). Men who worship the beast, his image and take his mark will;
- Experience God’s wrath.
- God’s wrath will not be diluted, or held back, but given in full strength.
- They will be thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone for torment.
- There torment will be forever and ever (eternity).
- Their torment will be witnessed by holy angels.
- Their torment will take place in the presence of the Lamb.
- They will have no rest day or night, forever and ever (eternity).
There are seven (7) specific results that stem from men worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark (name or number). Seven (7) denotes God’s divinely determined completeness as to his purpose or plan. Eternal punishment in the lake of fire and brimstone, day and night is the strongest wrath that God gives evil men (and Satan, beast/antichrist and false prophet). There is a specific mention that this torment takes place in the presence of the Lamb. These men, while in their torment, will see or consciously be aware of the existence of Jesus Christ. This will provide added pain, anguish and misery since they will be painfully made aware of the choice of their decisions (to worship the beast, his image and take his mark). They were warned not to do what they did. The bible gave plenty of examples of the glory that is given to those who did NOT take worship the beast, his image or take his mark. Yet, despite the angelic warning … despite the 3 ½ year testimony of two witness and prophets … despite the witnessing of Tribulation Saints … despite the flying angel who proclaimed the gospel of Jesus Christ … evil men still chose to worship the beast, his image and to take his mark, name or number. They chose to ignore the messages, the warnings, and the testimonies.
And now, they are in the lake of fire and brimstone, and will have to pay the price for their evil decision(s), for eternity. They see Jesus Christ, and have become painfully aware of what they could have had through Jesus Christ and instead, they chose the false, empty promises of Satan by worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark, name or number. Their extreme bitterness and woeful regret will emotionally torment them for eternity, in addition to the physical pain, suffering and torment that they will experience in the lake of fire for eternity. Through their decision to follow Satan, God gave them exactly what they wanted. They did not want anything to do with Jesus Christ, who paid for their sins with his own blood. As such, God gave them over to Satan, since it was their decision and what they desired while they were physically alive on earth. These evil men did everything humanly possible to ignore warnings, to blaspheme god, to ignore the gospel of Jesus Christ, and instead accepted and believed in lies, worshipped Satan, the beast and his image. Evil men even went so far as to physically defile their bodies (flesh) by taking the branding (mark, number or name) of the beast. All of these actions and behaviors enabled evil men to give themselves totally and wholeheartedly over to Satan through his system of the beast/antichrist and the false prophet.
There are two visions describing what John the Apostle saw, regarding men who were overcomers (them that had gotten victory) by NOT worshipping the beast, his image or taking his mark, number or name.
… “And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgements are made manifest.” (Rev. 15:2, 15:3, 15:4). (Emphasis added).
… “And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.” (Rev. 20:4). (Emphasis added).
Men who do NOT worship the beast, his image and take his mark are described as;
- They are in heaven (stand on a sea of glass).
- They have harps of God.
- They sing praises and worship Jesus Christ for their salvation.
- They acknowledge that God’s judgements came to pass.
- They are given thrones upon which they sit upon.
- They are given judgement.
- They live and reign with Christ for a thousand years.
There are seven (7) specific results that stem from men NOT worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark (name or number). Seven (7) denotes God’s divinely determined completeness as to his purpose or plan. These blessings or glories are the complete opposite of what awaits those men who DID worship the beast, his image and took his mark, name, number.
- The righteous are in heaven for eternity versus evil men who are in the lake of fire and brimstone for eternity.
- The righteous are joyful and play harps versus evil men who are bitter, resentful, angry, tormented, cry and wail in anguish.
- The righteous sing the praise of and worship Jesus Christ versus evil men who once praised and worshipped Satan (through the beast, his image and in taking his mark).
- Righteous men acknowledge that what God said would come to pass, in fact did come to pass (made manifest) versus evil men who ignored and rejected warnings, the gospel and testimonies of the truth.
- The righteous are given thrones in heaven versus evil men who are drowning in torment in the lake of fire.
- The righteous are given judgement versus evil men who are judged.
- The righteous live and reign with Christ verses evil men who die and fall with Satan.
The avoidance of doing these five (5) eternal sins is one of the most important themes, in the entire book of Revelation. Men must avoid doing these things, literally at all costs. Even to the point of being beheaded or martyred. Men’s eternal destinies depend on it. Worshipping the beast, his image and taking his mark, name or number result in eternal damnation. There is no way of sugar coating or downplaying this reality.
Six-fold References to Angelic Warnings Given to Evil Babylon Men:
- … “And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!.” (Rev. 8:13). (Emphasis added).
- … “Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” (Rev. 12:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand,” (Rev. 14:9). (Emphasis added).
- … “The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimestone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of trhe Lamb.” (Rev. 14:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever:” (Rev. 14.11). (Emphasis added).
- … “And they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosover receiveth the mark of his name.” (Rev. 18:4). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: These six (6) angelic warnings to evil men could not be any more explicit, direct or to the point. They are made with great emphasis and intensity. They are prophetic in nature because these angels know exactly what is coming through the tunnel in the very near term, during the Tribulation and Great Tribulation. One angel knows the wrath that is coming when the fifth, six and seven angel trumpets are blown. Another angel knows the chaos, mayhem and deception that will result from Satan being kicked out of heaven and thrown to the curb of the earth. He has great wrath/fury and will take it out upon mankind. These are just the first two warnings given by angels! The last four warnings are the sternest and most emphatic warnings God gives mankind via his heavenly messengers. This angel declares, in no uncertain terms, what will befall man if they “worship the beast and receive his image, and receive his mark in his forehead or in his hand.” Evil men who do this will receive an overflowing allotment of full wrath of God. It won’t be watered down or diluted. It will be administered full strength. They will be tormented for ever and ever, in the lake of fire and brimestone (2nd death). They will have no rest day or night, for ever. Elsewhere in this analysis, I comment on the specific sins of men during the Tribulation period that lead to their eternal damnation. The angel who gives this warning indicates the severity of these sins and their consequences from being comitted. Even when this angel proclaims these warnings, they are ignored by mankind and sloughed off or not taken seriously. This ultimately leads to their eternal damnation once they take the mark, name or number of the beast and worship him and his image. With all the bad and evil things that men do today, and during the Tribulation, what makes the last four (4) warnings so emphatic and important? Surely, there are worse things a man could do than worship someone else or a worship an image? Don’t men already do these things? Receiving a mark or number seems harmless enough today. People get all kinds of crazy looking tattoos, what does it matter if someone gets yet another mark or tattoo on their hand or forehead? Or so, people will think during the Tribulation. What they don’t’ know is the object of their worship and adoration.
For the first three and half years of the Tribulation, they will be worshipping the satanically powered beast or antichrist. They will be worshipping a false and blasphemous deity. It gets worse. At the midpoint of the Tribulation, Satan indwells or possesses the beast/antichrist and demands to be worshipped as God. This takes place in Jerusalem in the rebuilt Jewish Temple. Satan/beast defiles the holiest section of the temple. It gets worse. By taking the beast’s mark, name or number, men in essence have signed their name on the dotted line in blood, in regards to giving their utmost allegiance to Satan, through the beast/antichrist/man of sin. They have completely, unequivocably given themselves over to evil via their mind, heart, body and soul. They have even allowed their flesh to be modified to reflect their satanic status. There is nothing worse that a man can do than WILLINGLY give himself over to Satan. God gives men freewill and a choice. At this point, Jesus Christ can’t provide salvation to lost men. They have made their choice. They chose Satan over Christ. They chose to ignore Christ’s offer of salvation. Christ does NOT force himself on anyone who does not want him, or his offer of free forgiveness of sins through Him, and the shedding of his blood and resurredtion. God created man in his image. Men are described as imagers of God.
Once man worships the beast, his image and takes his name, number or mark; the body, soul, mind and heart are completely defiled and no longer reflect God’s reflected glory in man. Instead, the evilness of Satan is reflected in the evil men who ignore the angel’s dire warning. Elsewhere in this commentary, I provide a thorough analysis between receiving a mark (branding) by the beast/antichrist versus receiving a seal of ownership by God in the forehead. For whatever reason (location of the spirit or soul in a man?) God reserves the forehead for a seal of ownership. A true seal of God’s ownership is spiritual and placed in the forehead of those redeemed by Christ. Conversely, once the beast/antichrist has put a mark/branding on the outside/surface of the forehead, that person is given over to Satan and becomes his property (for future slaughter). This duality between satanic markings and holy sealings in foreheads is very real and denotes a person’s status to angels, to Satan and to God/Christ. Once evil men do the exact things that they are warned not to do, they have forfeited Christ’s offer of salvation, for eternity. The mark of the beast and the seal of God denote a man’s status for eternity from the Tribulation. Conversely, the Tribulation Saints are those strong people who heed the angel’s warnings and don’t take the mark of the beast, or worship him or his image. Many passages throughout the book of Revelation indicate the glorious future, in eternity, of these redeemed men who did NOT cave into the beast’s system. They accepted the gospel, they accepted Christ for who he is, they acceptance the forgiveness of their sins through Christ’s shedding of blood and resurrection. However, their redemption came with a great personal price of martyrdom in the form of beheading when they refused to withdraw their belief in Christ at the hands of the beast’s persecution.
God isn’t joking or kidding around when He issues a warning. Men are warned not to cross a line, for their own good. Do they listen? Do they obay? Do they take the warning seriously? No, no, no. These warnings are so serious because they have eternal consequences. Six (6) denotes evil and man. Hence, six (6) warnings are given in the verses referenced above.
Six-fold Reference of God’s Wrath for Evil Babylon Men:
- Demonic locusts from bottomless pit torment men for five months. (Rev. 9:1-11). 5th angel / 5th trumpet wrath.
- 4 angels of Euphrates River, slay 1/3rd of men. (Rev. 9:13-19). 6th angel / 6th trumpet wrath.
- 2 angels with sharp sickles harvesting evil men’s blood from the great winepress of God’s wrath. (Rev. 14:14-20).
- Noisome and grievous sores. (Rev. 16:2). 1st angel / 1st vial wrath – vial plague.
- Scorching great heat, men repent not. (Rev. 16:8-9).4th angel / 4th vial wrath – vial plague.
- Greatest Earthquake in History, Babylon City split into three parts, cities of nations crumble, mountains and islands disappear, great 75lb. (weighing a talent) hailstones fall on men. (Rev. 16:17-21. 7th angel / 7th vial wrath – vial plague).
Commentary: The wrath for men are alternated with the wrath for the earth. The wraths for men are highly painful, tormenting and destructive. Yet, men repent not. An earthquake of such a great magnitude strikes, that cities from all over the world are leveled. Mountains and islands crumble along with the habitation on them. The great evil Babylon City is decimated, split into three parts and burns within one hour. The pain endured from the grievous sores, scorching heat and being hammered by 75lfb. Hailstones is so great, that men beg to die, wish they could die … but death “flees them.” These cataclysms come from the trumpet wraths and vial plagues. God uses demonic entities (locusts from bottomless pit, evil angels from Euphrates River), heavenly angels (having sharp harvesting sickles) and nature (sun, hail, earthquake, sores) to afflict men. The fact that God uses three (3) forms of afflication denotes the emphasis and intensity of his purpose or plan. He uses everything under his control; nature, heavenly angels and demonic creatures / fallen angels.
Seven-fold Evil Babylon Men Hiding from Christ on the Great Day of the Lord:
- Kings of the earth.
- Great Men.
- Rich Men.
- Chief Captains.
- Mighty Men.
Commentary: (Rev. 6:15-17) … “And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” (Emphasis added). Like scared mice, men hide under and behind rocks because of the glory and wrath of Jesus Christ on the day of his return or second coming. Today, millionaires and billionaires (and political elite) are building bunkers and enclaves in mountains and islands, with the thought they they will be able to withstand a nuclear holocaust. It is the wrong solution to the wrong problem. They won’t be able to hide themselves when Jesus returns. Notice the sequence (or ranking of men). It is from greatest to least, wealthiest to poorest, the political elite to those who have no power. These men quickly realize they are in trouble and have literally no place to run or hide. They are so terrified, that they would rather die than face the judgement and wrath of the Lamb. This is in light of the fact that they all had earlier opportunities, throughout their life, to accept the forgiveness of their sins, through the Lamb, but chose not to do so. Now, it is too late, and wrath has come. Thus, they are reaping the consequence of their decision(s). Their $17.5 million, steel reinforced, triple-concreted walls, and luxury stocked food pantries in bunkers, will fold and crush like an empty aluminum soda can. Ironically, men want rocks to fall on them to “hide” them (or save them) from the wrath of the Lamb. Men are so deceived and weak-minded that they now think that rocks can save them, instead of the blood of the Lamb. When a person is thoroughly and completely ashamed or embarrased over something incredibly wrong that they did, most people with a conscience wish that they “could just crawl under a rock and die” instead of facing public scrutiny. This won’t be too far from the truth at some points in time during the Tribulation.
Seven-fold Description of Evil Babylon Men:
- … “And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they would worship devils, and idols of gold, silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk.” (Rev. 19:20). (Emphasis added).
- … “Neither repented they of their murders, not of their sorceries, or of their fornication, nor of their thefts.” (Rev. 9:21). (Emphasis added).
- … “And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory. And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their grievous sores, and repented not of their deeds. And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of hail; for the plague thereof was exceedingly great.” (Rev. 16:9, 16:11, 16:21). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of mountains. And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” (Rev. 6:15-17). (Emphasis added).
- … “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolators, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimestone: which is the second death.” (Rev. 21:8). (Emphasis added.
- … “And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the book of life.” (Rev. 21:27). (Emphasis added).
- … “For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolators, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.” (Rev. 22:15). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Three great, natural plagues (scorching sun, grievous sores, hail stones) are sent upon men which cause them to blaspheme God and his name (blasphemers). They are also described as worshipping devils/false idols which they made with their hands. They are murderers, liers, love other things than God, worship other things than God, practice paganism/witchcraft/drug use, chase after anything that is not of God, righteous or holy. When God sends his wrath upon them, they fear him and do not repent. They also don’t believe in the saving grace and forgiveness of sins by Jesus Christ. These men come from every strata of life, from kings to bondman and freemen. From captains and owners of commerce and industry, to their employed workers. The rich elite and politically powerful. And, those who are struggling to get by. They all have the mark of the beast so they can participate (buying/selling) in the global economy, and to also participate in the political kingdom of the antichrist. Collectively, they would describe Babylon as being “Fabulous Dahhh’ling!” God says and thinks otherwise. Not surprisingly, God provides us with another example of numbers within numbers, meanings within meanings, and truth within truth. Yes, there are seven (7) verses referenced. Within three (3) of these verses, there are seven (7) items mentioned pertaining to the descriptions of men. Verse 16:15-17 includes the following seven (7) types of men; kings, great men, rich men, chief captains, mighty men, bondmen, freeman. Verse 22:15 includes the following seven (7) descriptions of men; dogs, sorcerers, whoremongers, murderers, idolators, those who love a lie, those who maketh a lie. Verse 19:20 describes six (6) (the number of evil man) idols worshipped made by man’s hands: devils, gold, silver, brass, stone and wood. These verses indicate the types of evil men, describe the evil men, and describe what the evil men do.
Twelve-fold References to Judge / Judging / Judgement (Babylon city, Mystery Religion Babylon, Babylon men, Nations):
- … “And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth.” (Rev. 6:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.” (Rev. 11:18). (Emphasis added).
- … ”Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgement is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.” (Rev. 14:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy are made manifest.” (Rev. 15:4). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I heard the angel of the water say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged” (Rev. 16:5). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.” (Rev. 16:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgement of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:” (Rev. 17:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.” (Rev. 18:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour is thy judgement come.” (Rev. 18:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “For true and righteous are his judgements: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.” (Rev. 19:2). (Emphasis added).
- …”And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.” (Rev. 20:12). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.” (Rev. 20:13). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Judging or Judgement is described as;
- God is the judge and provides judgements or decisions based on the actions, behaviors and deeds of men and angels.
- Judgement is a decision requested to be made on behalf of someone (Tribulation Saints) who were wrongfully hurt (beheaded).
- Someone (nations) are caught “bloody red handed” and are angry knowing that they will be judged for their actions, behavior and evil deeds. They are angry because they didn’t get away with it and were caught. They know they are going to have pay a price which they can’t afford.
- Judgement is request that someone be righted a wrong done to them.
- Judgement is request for a reward promised based on a stated outcome.
- Judgement is based on timing. An evil act is done, its results are noted and accounted for. Time comes for the evil act to be judged and the resulting judgement exercised or made manifest.
- Judgement, or the decision of what should be done has to be acted upon or made to occur (sent to prison). This is known as making a judgement manifest or physically exercised. This is the doing of “what should be done.”
- Witnesses in the public gallery indicate that God’s judgements are “true and righteous.” This means that the public gallery can attest to the fact that God did take everything into account, all the details, actions, deeds, events, behaviors, statements, intents and came to the correct and truthful conclusion regarding the matter. Nothing was left out. Everything was taken into consideration as evidence, properly evaluated and applied against the benchmark, standard and/or law that was being applied. God’s administration of justice and his resulting judgements are found to be accurate, spot on, truth full, correct, no question about it. In Biblical words, “true and righteous.”
- God is described as judging the ‘great whore; aka Babylon City (the great worldly capital of the beast’s/antichrist’s kingdom).
- God is strong, meaning he can’t be swayed or weak in the sense that he lets some evil slide a bit in terms of not being judged or of receiving judgement. He is firm in his judgements and not weak-kneed. He does not fold under public pressure. He can’t be influenced, bribed, manipulated or pushed by a particular special interest group, lobby or entrenched political idealogy or group. He is strong, firm, steadfast, unwavering in the application of his administration of justice. The wrath of his resulting judgements are not watered down or filtered out or held back. He gives the criminal, evil-person no slack and gives them the fullest extent of prison term possible (eternity). They are not sent to a plush prison serving three square meals a day with a basketball court, but to a lake of fire and brimstone. God does not ‘molly-coddle’ the evil, he gives them exactly what they deserve. He does not withhold his judgements, he pours out his wrath in full strength (at just the right time).
- God’s judgement comes very swiftly, within one hour. There is no long drawn out period of rebuttals, challenges, reviews, counter-suits, passing on to a higher court, etc. A decision is made and done. The action of the decision is made manifest, very quickly. There is no delay in the manifestation of the decision. Babylon City is destroyed within one hour, split into three parts by a very great earthquake, consumed by fire and hammered by 75lb. hailstones (weight of a talent). Period. There is no punishment meted out in stages, over a long period of time. There is no ‘slap on the wrist’ that comes with an admonition to don’t do it again. The celestial sledgehammer is dropped quickly and decisively, no force is held back.
- God’s judgement includes not only the living but also the dead. Jesus Christ opens his book of life, to see if a dead man’s name is in it. The book of life is not unlike an accounting ledger that records all the debits and credits amassed over a period of time. These debits and credits are referred to as according to their works. If a man’s name is found in his book of life, Jesus acknowledges as much to the Father and “confesses the man’s name even to the angels.” Through Jesus Christ and his book of life, God is able to righteously judge dead men. Jesus’ book of life accounts for everyone, past, present and future.
Numbers within numbers, meanings within meanings. 12 (twelve) descriptions of judging or judgement and 12 (twelve) references or verses from throughout the book of Revelation. Judging / Judgement. (Def.); to form a conclusion about a subject or outcome, to decide as in a case of court, to give a verdict about someone or something in court as truthful, applying the administration of justice and truthfulness. Only God and Jesus Christ are the judges. Period. Only God and Jesus Christ do the judging. Period. Only God and Jesus Christ reward, withhold or punish. Period. Only God and Jesus Christ are judge, jury, and jailer. God has his wrath. Jesus Christ has the keys to heaven and hell. Having judgement and exercising judgement is derived from authority and rule. One can only be a judge if they have the authority to judge and the right to judge. One has to be competent to judge, to be able to discern right from wrong, truth from lies, good from evil, just from unjust, righteousness from unrighteousness, clarity from deception, godly from ungodliness, saved from unsaved. To be able to judge, one has to know all the facts, all the outcomes, all the intents, all the behaviors and apply these against a benchmark, a standard, a law that determines whether the data observed meet the benchmark, standard or law. Since God is omnipotent and knows everything occurring past, present and future, he is supremely just in knowing everything to take into account in performing judgement. He is the only one capable of exercising correct, truthful and righteous judgement because he can and does take everything into consideration when exercising his administration of justice. Jesus Christ is the benchmark, the standard and/or the law. Jesus Christ paid our court fees, he paid the bail, and also paid a very expensive price so we wouldn’t have to go to jail, to the dungeon, to the hangman or to the lake of fire. God’s law of righteousness and truthfulness is;
- Admit/Acknowledge/Accept that you are sinner. Ask God’s forgiveness and repent of your sins.
…For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
…As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one. (Romans 3:10)
…If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8)
- Believe Jesus is Lord. Believe that Jesus Christ is who He claimed to be; that He was both fully God and fully man and that we are saved through His death, burial, and resurrection. Put your trust in Him as your only hope of salvation. Become a son or daughter of God by receiving Christ.
…That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. (John 3:15-17). For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Romans 10:13)
- Call upon His name, Confess with your heart and with your lips that Jesus is your Lord and Savior.
…That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
This is the benchmark, standard and/or law by which God judges men. If Jesus Christ finds a man who meets this benchmark, standard and/or law, he acknowledges and confesses the man’s name before God as belonging to him and having meet the requirements. Jesus Christ acts as our lawyer, on our behalf, in the administration of God’s justice. Jesus saves us in God’s court of law and in the administration of God’s justice.
Twelve-fold References to Wrath of God (Nations, Babylon city, Mystery Religion Babylon, Babylon men):
- … “And said the to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.” (Rev. 6:16). (Emphasis added).
- … “For the great day of his wrath has come; and who shall be able to stand?” (Rev. 6:17). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto they servants and prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear they name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.” (Rev. 11:18). (Emphasis added).
- … “And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.” (Rev. 14:8). (Emphasis added).
- … “The same shall drink of the wine of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb.” ( 14:10). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.” (Rev. 14:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvelous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.” (Rev. 15:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “And one of the four beasts gave unto the seven angels seven golden vials full of the wrath of God, who liveth for ever and ever.” (Rev. 15:7). (Emphasis added).
- … “And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.” (Rev. 16:1). (Emphasis added).
- … “And the great city was divided into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell: and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.” (Rev. 16:19). (Emphasis added).
- … “for all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.” (Rev. 18:3). (Emphasis added).
- … “And out of this mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.” (Rev. 19:15). (Emphasis added).
Commentary: Twelve wraths of God are doled out to the nations, Babylon City and evil mankind. No wrath is meted out on the beast/antichrist, no wrath is meted out on the false prophet, and there is no wrath is meted out on the Bride of Christ / Church / Child (Rev. 12:5). Wrath of the nations is referred to three (3) times, Wrath of Babylon is referred to twice (2), and lastly, wrath of mankind is referred to seven (7) times. There is no wrath for the Bride of Christ, since she is not on earth during the Tribulation and has already been found righteous through the forgiveness of our sins, and shedding of blood by Jesus Christ.
Wrath is described as;
- Wrath comes from the Lamb (Jesus Christ) on the Day of the Lord at Armageddon.
- Time has come for Jesus Christ to render his wrath upon evil mankind and the nations.
- Nations are angry for receiving Christ’s wrath. They thought they could get away with it, and not be caught.
- Babylon City, the great whore who provided spiritual fornication to the world, receives God’s wrath.
- The wrath of God is witnessed by angels and Jesus Christ.
- The wrath of God is described as a “winepress.” A winepress is used to squeeze grapes until they burst and release their juice.
- The wrath of God is completed with the final seven golden vial plagues.
- The final seven golden vial wraths are given directly by God to one of the four beasts who in turn gives them to the seven angels.
- The seven angels are commanded or instructed in turn to pour out the God’s golden vials of wrath on mankind.
- God’s wrath causes the cities of nations to fall, and the destruction of Babylon City all by physical destruction.
- The kings of the nations, and great men “merchants” who committed spiritual fornication with Babylon, receive God’s wrath.
- Jesus Christ uses the “sharp sword” of word of God as wrath on his second coming, during the Day of the Lord, at Armageddon. He treadeth or operates God’s winepress of wrath on evil men on the day of his return.
Numbers within numbers. Meanings within meanings. 12 (twelve) descriptions of wrath, 12 (twelve) references or verses throughout the book of Revelation. God and Jesus Christ’s wraths are the physical manifestations of God’s judgements. God’s judgements are made manifest. God’s wrath is directed at the evil city of Babylon (the beast’s/antichrist’s capital of the Babylonian system) and at evil mankind throughout the world. God’s administration of justice and wrath involves one of the four beasts who surround his throne, angels and Jesus Christ. Specific wraths are aimed at the natural world that supports men (seas, waters, fountains, rivers, light), other wraths specifically target man directly (grievous/painful sores, scorching/searing/burning heat, 75lb. hailstones, an epically destructive worldwide earthquake). One ultimate result of God’s wrath is that all the cities of the world fall or are leveled. This is the result of his wrath of a worldwide earthquake that is unlike any earthquake that has occurred since man walked the earth. Elsewhere in this analysis, I hypothesize that this type of earthquake could be a magnitude 10.0 earthquake (or greater) resulting from a massive shift in the earth’s rotation, a shift in its poles or from a massive shifting in the continental plates under the earth’s crust. In any case, cities fall, mountains and islands are found no more. Such is God’s wrath on Babylon, evil mankind and the cities, nations and kings of the earth.